Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
So many nut jobs out. there. They probably watched 10 minutes all season. Tannehill was our best option. He killed it. He just has to stay healthy. That was the issue in Miami. Gotta stay healthy.

So many nut jobs out. there. They probably watched 10 minutes all season. Tannehill was our best option. He killed it. He just has to stay healthy. That was the issue in Miami. Gotta stay healthy.
And now we lose the good backup qb we had. Need to get another veteran who can win some games in case tanny goes down or reverts back to his old average self

Just for the record Tom Brady is one good hit away from folding like an old lawn chair. He wasn't a fit for what our offense does. R.T. checked every box and had the stats to prove it. If it ain't broken don't fix it. Time to move on.

I had nothing against Thill, honestly, thought he had an amazing 10 game stretch, anyone that thinks otherwise is dumb. But what he did in the playoffs worries me, especially from late second quarter on in the Championship game. Good QBs step up and win games when the running game is shut down. He didn't do much in the playoffs, that's my one hang up.

Don't want to hear excuses about the D not stopping KC's O, there were too many feeble possessions by THill when they needed to answer and stop KCs momentum.

Let's refresh our memories....

After scoring 17pts, THills final 4 possessions before scoring a TD in garbage time at the end of the game:
3 plays, 7 yards
6 Plays 17yards
4 Plays 10 yards (sacked on 3rd and 6)
5 plays -2 yards

Hope he gets off to a strong start after this big contract or it'll look like another bad decision.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t disagree. I’d like to see him do better in the playoffs, but let’s think about it. This was his first playoff run in quite some time, if ever. Also, he was on a long streak and had to come down sometime. I think the heavy run also threw off some rhythm as well. I guess time will tell, but I’m pumped we have him back.

So we just made a converted wr our franchise qb at nearly 30 million per...lol

So many people caught on the top dollar figure. His cap hit this year is about 10% of the projected salary cap, and may hang around there future years. What's another team that can compete with that low of a starting QB allocation towards the cap and who is not on a rookie contract?

I can't think of any. Mistake or not Tannehill played his way into this position, and the team structured a contract that doesn't hurt the team if it isn't legit.

I had nothing against Thill, honestly, thought he had an amazing 10 game stretch, anyone that thinks otherwise is dumb. But what he did in the playoffs worries me, especially from late second quarter on. Good QBs step up and win games when the running game is shut down. He didn't do much in the playoffs, that's my one hang up.

Don't want to hear excuses about the D not stopping KC's O, there were too many feeble possessions by THill when they needed to answer and stop KCs momentum.

Let's refresh our memories....

After scoring 17pts, THills final 4 possessions before scoring a TD in garbage time at the end of the game:
3 plays, 7 yards
6 Plays 17yards
4 Plays 10 yards (sacked on 3rd and 6)
5 plays -2 yards

Hope he gets off to a strong start after this big contract or it'll look like another bad decision.

This x100. This is my main concern with Tannehill. I still wanted him back though because I really enjoyed watching the Titans ball last season.

I'll also give a slight pass because not all of it was on Tannehill, some poor play calling played a factor too. I'm intrigued to see what a full offseason can do for this team now that Smith got some real experience under his belt. Does he learn from his mistakes and continue to rise or flop? Something clicked for this team last year and I think Tannehill extension is a realization that they need to see if it was the start of something really special or just a fluke.

He had a bad game. A bad game. Happens to the best.

He was greatly affected by the weather. Hope we dont play many really cold games. Using his nose to swipe the tablet...

He had a bad game. A bad game. Happens to the best.

He was greatly affected by the weather. Hope we dont play many really cold games. Using his nose to swipe the tablet...
Theres a site that tracks cold weather games

Iirc Tanny doesnt have any more an issue with cold than the next guy

The whole team ran out of gas by the end of the Chiefs game. Hard to win on the road for 4 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back