Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terrible cause Brady just signed 2 years for 60 mil. He was cheaper than tannenhill and will most likely win a superbowl in the next 2 seasons.
So you think last year's Brady, with a new offense using a shorter passing game in Tampa, will translate to at least one automatic SB win in the next two years?

Do you know how improbable that sounds?

Yeah, I hoped to go all out on D in the draft. We may still, they may think Kelly can pull off RT full time. I don’t, but what the heck. You can’t sign them all.

We gotta draft a tackle. Even if Kelly can hold down the spot, you need a high level backup. The odds that both lewan and Kelly play 20 games is pretty low.

I'd agree. Things would be different if we had a pass rush. Bringing in the whole offense less Conklin is pretty good. Add some defensive pieces and this teams window is truly open. Add to that, that to date, the rest of the AFCS has gotten worse. Well maybe not the Colts, they got Buckner.

If we can get the defense that we had the first half of the season AND the offense we had the last half of the season for an entire season, we will be damn hard to beat.

Tall order of course, but here's hoping.

If we can get the defense that we had the first half of the season AND the offense we had the last half of the season for an entire season, we will be damn hard to beat.

Tall order of course, but here's hoping.
Agreed. I'm curious what we do to replace Casey though. That opens a pretty big hole IMO.

Yea that one I’m not sure on but Mariota being a bust I am 100% supportive of.
Sorry I like Mariota, I guess I don't have the same hate for the guy like most on here. I wish him well and maybe he has a Tannehill-like situation in Vegas.

Yes he didn't live up to the expectations but like the article said not all on him

I liked Mariota as a hardworking player and he seemed like a nice dude. That said, sure, it’s not all of his fault, but what are the odds this team all of a sudden develops a very good offense, improved line play, and more wins the second he takes a seat?! Sadly, the truth is, he has A LOT to do with it. I hope he does well in Vegas though....

I liked Mariota as a hardworking player and he seemed like a nice dude. That said, sure, it’s not all of his fault, but what are the odds this team all of a sudden develops a very good offense, improved line play, and more wins the second he takes a seat?! Sadly, the truth is, he has A LOT to do with it. I hope he does well in Vegas though....
The first 2 seasons Mariota showed great promise of becoming a superstar....after his leg injury, he never recovered mentally. That said I agree, he had a lot to do with him being benched. If we look at the games he lost, and I'm talking against mid pack opponents over 2 seasons....Tennessee would easily be 10 to 11 win club. Last season he blew 3 games, the year before at least 3. At the end of the day, Mariota held the club back. Also he killed our defense, they never came off the field the last 3 seasons with him at the helm.

The first 2 seasons Mariota showed great promise of becoming a superstar....after his leg injury, he never recovered mentally. That said I agree, he had a lot to do with him being benched. If we look at the games he lost, and I'm talking against mid pack opponents over 2 seasons....Tennessee would easily be 10 to 11 win club. Last season he blew 3 games, the year before at least 3. At the end of the day, Mariota held the club back. Also he killed our defense, they never came off the field the last 3 seasons with him at the helm.
Bingo....Well said. It’s hard because he is a likable guy, but he regressed every year as time went on. Just when you think he couldn’t get worse, he somehow did. I hope Vegas coaches him up somehow, but accuracy and ability to read a defense are two of the hardest things to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back