Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great player for sure, but 20 mil is too big of a cap number for a safety.

The cap number is only that big because we ask him to re-structure last yr and save us 8mil in cap space... so that is catching up to us this yr.... his base salary is 13 mil which isn't bad at all.... cutting him costs us 13 mil in dead money and saves us only 6mil

So the lesson here is if the Titans ask a player to restructure so they can sign FA, the player should just say no. Titans not going to honor the restructure. Is that right?

As far as Ran is concerned none of the recent restructures are his to own.

Ok. But will players and agents remember this and make it so that Ran can't get a restructure when he needs one in the future? Or is this something that is just expected to happen? I just can't recall thus being an issue.

he makes like 2-3 good plays a season these days, he's only holding on by the rep he gained a few years ago

most games he's completely invisible

I know it’s a business, I know you should move on before the fall off, but can we have 1 guy retire a Titan outside of Donnie Nickey?

So the lesson here is if the Titans ask a player to restructure so they can sign FA, the player should just say no. Titans not going to honor the restructure. Is that right?
closeup-portrait-handsome-bald-man-260nw-150713246.jpg

What do you mean Titans not honoring a re-structure? They paid Byard 8 more million in guaranteed money last yr… Byard was happy to make that money and avoid being cut last yr. He and the Titans were fully aware of what this would do to the future cap…

Sucks to see him go, but just ain’t got the cash for that.

the bigger issue I have is how willing the titans are for that dead cap space just for a small amount of usable cap space.

how long does the dead cap stick around? Is it just the next year?

the bigger issue I have is how willing the titans are for that dead cap space just for a small amount of usable cap space.

The majority should come off at the end of the 2023 league year. For it to affect next season it would have to be post June 1.

What do you mean Titans not honoring a re-structure? They paid Byard 8 more million in guaranteed money last yr… Byard was happy to make that money and avoid being cut last yr. He and the Titans were fully aware of what this would do to the future cap…

Yeah, I was just confused about what was done with his restructure. For some reason I was thinking it pushed money back and then the team decided not to pay. My bad.

Ok. But will players and agents remember this and make it so that Ran can't get a restructure when he needs one in the future? Or is this something that is just expected to happen? I just can't recall thus being an issue.
It could also be hogwash and not a conversation the Titans have had with Byard.

Byard is one of the best Titans all time. Don’t want to see him go and not sure it’s worth it with so much dead cap.

But he deserves to end his career on contenders and we need to spend that kind of money on a corner instead of a safety in the secondary.

Yea, it's a one year hit then it's gone.

Pretty sure restructures are in the player's best interest anyway. They get guaranteed money upfront and usually a longer "term". Whether they get cut or not, they still get paid, and I'm pretty sure they get more than what the pre-restructure was.

Finically, it would actually be best-case-scenario if Byard was cut. Someone else would pay him a fair salary and the Titans would still owe him the dead money. I don't think it makes sense for any player to reject a restructure (unless it's a pay cut of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back