Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
he makes like 2-3 good plays a season these days, he's only holding on by the rep he gained a few years ago

most games he's completely invisible
Low-key one of the most overrated titans of all time. Seems like a great dude and has a feel for getting picks, but you're right he's invisible a lot of the time.

Byard was great, but he's way too expensive at this point. Still a solid player, but Safety isn't a position you should invest much in unless they are generational guy like Ed Reed or Polamalu.

Low-key one of the most overrated titans of all time. Seems like a great dude and has a feel for getting picks, but you're right he's invisible a lot of the time.

Couldn't being invisible at that position be considered good, or does that only apply to the CB position.

Byard was good. I don’t think he’s over rated either.

ball hawk skills. The downside to guys that kind of recognize where the ball is, is that there are guesses involved which results in incorrect guesses and putting himself out of position when wrong. Kind of the idea of big risk, big reward.
Probably has the most INT off another player, than anyone in the history of the game. Not sure that necessarily equates to a talent level specifically.
He’s one of the top INT makers in the franchise history.

If I recall in 2020, a big time complaint was that Byard was always being put in the wrong places because the other secondary sucked so bad.
Maybe that carried over the past couple years or just messed up his game when he seemed like an instinct kind of guy.

All said, I think his game has declined but I think he’s still very capable of being really good. and the real bottom line is, it doesn’t save a lot of money and creates another hole.

Last edited by a moderator:
Couldn't being invisible at that position be considered good, or does that only apply to the CB position.
Would Troy P. or Ed Reed be held in such high regard if they weren't out making plays?

safety is supposed to make plays, not float around in space.. he's not 1v1'ing anyone so no being invisible is not good

I agree. It feels like every pick he's ever had was a deflection into his hands... Not many where he's actually fighting for the ball and gets it.

Rumor has it that Byard has asked for his release...

I would trade him over cutting him... he certainly still has value and his 13mil cap hit isn't that much for another team to swallow.

I would only look to trade him if it helped us land a solid WR

KB is still just 29 and playing at a high level. The Titans aren't just going to let him go for nothing just because he asked to be released. Maybe find a trade partner to a team he approves as a courtesy, but there are too many holes on this team to add another without a way to fill it.

I remember when KB came out, Mike Tomlin saying he wished he had drafted him before the Titans picked him. I'd be on the phone with PITT seeing what they'd give us for him.

If we do move on from him, it will definitely feel different. He's one of those faces of the franchise that will be hard to replace, not only for his play on the field, but his leadership and his work in the community.

Sorry but if KB is wanting released something is toxic in the building. We're talking about a guy who came to us, uninvited to the draft and picked up. Set home there and all the community work. Besides he's the only 1 I see on my TV screen making a tackle on a pass play

If Byard goes I'm down another fucking Jersey.

Sorry but if KB is wanting released something is toxic in the building. We're talking about a guy who came to us, uninvited to the draft and picked up. Set home there and all the community work. Besides he's the only 1 I see on my TV screen making a tackle on a pass play

If Byard goes I'm down another ****ing Jersey.
He probably is just like a lot of people, hates change. In his case he prolly mad Ran isn't sucking up to him.

I can’t believe the Titans thought a player in today’s NFL would take a pay cut. LOL. Do they honestly not realize that’s 100% what it’s all about now? That’s why I always laugh at these fans being attached to the players. They don’t give two sh*it’s about you or the team but you waste time worrying about them and defending them.

I can’t believe the Titans thought a player in today’s NFL would take a pay cut. LOL. Do they honestly not realize that’s 100% what it’s all about now? That’s why I always laugh at these fans being attached to the players. They don’t give two sh*it’s about you or the team but you waste time worrying about them and defending them.
Players take pay cuts to stay on their team all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back