Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Players take pay cuts to stay on their team all the time.
Yea but when he's been top echelon for a few years and arguably the best defensive player we've had he shouldn't take a pay cut. Had we been drafting well it would've made up for it.

Byard has been team captain for how long? Guys a baller, I get the cuts so for bit cutting/trading him doesn't make sense.

Yea but when he's been top echelon for a few years and arguably the best defensive player we've had he shouldn't take a pay cut. Had we been drafting well it would've made up for it.

Byard has been team captain for how long? Guys a baller, I get the cuts so for bit cutting/trading him doesn't make sense.
He’s way overpaid for a safety. Cap number is 20 mil. That’s why the Titans roster is so bad now with little cap space. JRob paid the wrong positions. This makes me hopeful that Ran sees it.

we are already at 36 million in dead money this year, it makes no sense to cut Byard, but trading him may. Problem is I do not see another team willing to pay him 20 million

He’s way overpaid for a safety. Cap number is 20 mil. That’s why the Titans roster is so bad now with little cap space. JRob paid the wrong positions. This makes me hopeful that Ran sees it.
Great post and 100% correct. JRob paid safety and RB, two of the least important positions, but decided not to pay AJ, who plays one of the most important positions. Not saying he should have let Byard go, but it appears KBs agent played him because nobody is paying $20 mil for a safety.

Great post and 100% correct. JRob paid safety and RB, two of the least important positions, but decided not to pay AJ, who plays one of the most important positions. Not saying he should have let Byard go, but it appears KBs agent played him because nobody is paying $20 mil for a safety.

Byard’s base salary is not 20mil…. It is 14mil which is the 9th most in the league… it is a fair deal for Byard…. Only reason his cap hit is 20mil this yr is because of his restructure last off season… I’m sure you could find a team willing to pay him 14 mil…

My guess is that the Titans actually talked to Byard's agent about his willingness to re-structure his deal and that Byard and his agent wanted an extension which the Titans weren't ready to do at this time. Oftentimes a re-structure is said to be a pay cut by the media which is totally wrong (Mahomes is being compared to Brady because he "took a pay cut" to save the Chiefs 9 mil in cap space by restructuring) But a restructure does not cost the player a single penny.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I think it’s becoming obvious that we aren’t just reloading but in rebuild mode. We’re pretty much completely purging the roster.

One of two things here if you ask me. In a couple years Ran will be viewed as a genius who walked in, saw the state of our franchise and revamped our entire roster and took us to the next level. Or he’s a bull in a China store that bulldozes through and completely wrecks us for years to come like O’Brien did the Texans.

Let’s hope it’s the former not the later!

Last edited by a moderator:
t-90s-main-battle-tank.jpg

So Turron and PK are saying Byard did decline, but he also did not ask for his release. Seems he wants to try and work this out.

If we are trading Byard then just go full rebuild…. Trade Byard and Henry for Williams and Higgins
Why not trade them for future picks. Really get in the tank mode to get the GOAT next year.
Trading for players that keep the team competitive works against the GOAT infallible plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back