Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't blame the GM for trying. Everyone on this board was clamoring for Julio. Be thankful we didn't give a 1st, which was rumored to be their asking price with a few teams interested.
Lol he can do no wrong can he? He got absolutely fleeced. You don’t give away a 2nd and 4th round pick to give up on a guy after one season. Especially when you have to eat half his salary to release him. Not to mention that same GM is happy with having an offensive coordinator that’s the joke of the league. But what’s new, wasting high draft picks is JRob’s specialty. It will start catching up to us soon, if it hasn’t already.

Eh, it was worth a shot. Julio's legs are shot... That's not Jrobs fault.
It partly is. He knew what he was getting when he traded for him. A Julio Jones that hobbled half of the season before last and then missed the rest of it. JRob gambled and lost.

Even if they get a Juju or Robinson they still need to draft a first round receiver. This team probably has the worst WR depth in the league for a team that isn't actively tanking and AJ is too injury prone to try and get away with that again.

They lost to some of the worst teams in the league because they had literally no one playable behind AJ and Julio.

Are the Titans moving to a 7 aside league?

3OL - Lewan, Jones, Davis
1QB - Tannehill
1RB - Henry
2WR - Brown, NWI

In that case, I've got to say that's quite a strong line up, and I'm intrigued to learn more about this new 7aside league.

julio looked like an elite wr in the playoff game. hes got elite hands and still runs hard. too bad he has tannehill throwing him the ball and downsing calling plays

I dont think blaming Jrob on this one is right...... we knew our window is now and gambled on 1 solid julio year.... and lost the gamble. Yes we've lost a 2nd rounder which blows, but I see no issue gambling when we have a solid team.

Was so hyped when we traded for him. I don't think anyone realized how far gone his hamstrings were. Bummer but I can't blame JRob for this one.

AJ and Swain connection woooo can’t wait!! Don’t forget Westbrook and ‘special teamer’ Firsker - gunna be a scary team! All kinds of weapons for Tanny now - oh my bad totally forgot about McMath - damn SB I can feel it this time!!!

It partly is. He knew what he was getting when he traded for him. A Julio Jones that hobbled half of the season before last and then missed the rest of it. JRob gambled and lost.
That's part of the business. Every trade/signing is a gamble, really. We'd be just as disappointed if Julio had never been injured before but came here and had the season he had being injured most of it.

It was a swing and a miss... But sometimes you gotta swing.

I dont think blaming Jrob on this one is right...... we knew our window is now and gambled on 1 solid julio year.... and lost the gamble. Yes we've lost a 2nd rounder which blows, but I see no issue gambling when we have a solid team.
The gamble is fine, but it's like he folded before he saw the turn or the river.

That's part of the business. Every trade/signing is a gamble, really. We'd be just as disappointed if Julio had never been injured before but came here and had the season he had being injured most of it.

It was a swing and a miss... But sometimes you gotta swing.
Actions have consequences. It was a gamble, and he lost. Now he reaps the results of losing the wager.

The same people saying jrob sucks for making this trade and cut, would have been complaining if the trade didn't happen and Julio did well elsewhere. Some people just want to complain about something, this board has a few.

At least JRob admits to and cuts mistakes a lot of GM's, do not want to admit a mistake.

The problem is we are going backwards not forwards and everybody else is getting better.

I hope we see something because I just do not see how the offense is even as good as last year. And Downing was a mistake, wish JRob could get Vrabel to fix that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back