Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have the rules changed where you can't use that money until it's freed up. The Chiefs spent like crazy last off-season despite not having any room until they cut players.

I’m not 100% sure what you’re referring to. KC could spend because Mahomes is still on his rookie deal.

He had to go, we over paid him to begin with. I wish him all the best, that one hit he took this year was nasty, and I was there even a flag thrown on it?

Our cap is FUBAR'd. Some major cuts coming. Kenny vacarro will be next. Watch out for Malcolm Butler and possibly even Ben Jones too.

I just do not see a bunch of cuts, you may see Vaccaro cut, because we have a replacement. I think we restructure several players and it will all be ok. To me Byard, Butler, and Lewan would free up a lot of cap space. Again I just do not see Adoree Jackson as being worth 10 million a year, after last season or to be honest I have yet to see 10 million per out of him yet. It would be nice if someone would trade us a 7th rounder and take the Panda's contract!

Nah. We will have a blend of cuts and restructures to get some room. It won’t be a bloodbath.

I think the writing is on the wall for either Butler or adoree, we'll need that extra 10 mil. I think it should be Butler, but who knows at this point. I love JR, but he's made some really head scratching decisions before.

Butler is a restructure candidate provided he wants to stay...he had a good year, could he get more $ somewhere else if he's cut?

Butler is a restructure candidate provided he wants to stay...he had a good year, could he get more $ somewhere else if he's cut?
At his age, the best bet is a restructure and lock down the guaranteed money. If he gets a decent offer from another team, the guarantees won’t be there.

Restructure Butler. Extend Jackson. Resign Davis and Brown. Restructure Lewan. Cut Vaccaro. Our cap is not all doom and gloom. We can easily restructure and end up with 30 million to work with. Broadway sports has a good breakdown of the cap

At his age, the best bet is a restructure and lock down the guaranteed money. If he gets a decent offer from another team, the guarantees won’t be there.

We need to find any and everyway to keep Butler in Nashville. Butler still has a year or 2 left in him. If he loses a step in that time, I think he could be a serviceable slot CB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back