Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope you're right. We would need alot of players to restructure to get there, but we'll see what happens I reckon.
We can re-do Butler, Lewan, and Jones and do pretty well. Also, tv money is going through the roof shortly and will mean 2nd year numbers will be higher. Also, you will see more “bonus” money that can be prorated over the life of the contract. So, 10 mil in “bonus” money on a 4 year deal would be a 2.5 mil hit per year.

Please stop with the money and cap talk. I’ve been along with a few others been trying to tell some of you to quit worrying about the GD Cap, It isn’t a problem, WE don’t need to cut our talent to get cap money. We just offered JJ Watt somewhere around $30 million. It doesn’t take much more and that amount easily signs Jonnu, Davis and Brown. JRob can get what he needs when he needs it. The Titans don’t have cap issues.

Stop with the CUT TALENT for cap space talk. If you cut someone you cut them because they suck. Butler doesn’t suck. Redo his deal, but you don’t cut him.

That's not how it works though bud. If we offered JJ Watt that much money, it's because we were prepared to either cut or restructure a contract then and there. You can't sign a player if it takes you over the hard cap.

That's not how it works though bud. If we offered JJ Watt that much money, it's because we were prepared to either cut or restructure a contract then and there. You can't sign a player if it takes you over the hard cap.
They could agree to terms, but I also think you can go over before the league year starts.

You need to learn how the cap works. You obviously don’t know. BUD. You have until the year starts to get under. Only the top 51 contracts count till from March to Game #1. But yes... we were and are prepared to redo deals. They have to.

You need to learn how the cap works. You obviously don’t know. BUD. You have until the year starts to get under. Only the top 51 contracts count till from March to Game #1. But yes... we were and are prepared to redo deals. They have to.
It’s how you can have 90 players on your team through OTAs and camp. But by the final cut day, the cap is based on your actual roster.

No need to get pissy. I'm pretty sure you're wrong though, the league gives you flexibility in the off-season by only counting the top 51 players salaries. They still don't allow you to go over the cap with those top 51 though. Atleast from everything I've gathered. I'd happily admit I'm wrong if you can prove that though.

We can re-do Butler, Lewan, and Jones and do pretty well. Also, tv money is going through the roof shortly and will mean 2nd year numbers will be higher. Also, you will see more “bonus” money that can be prorated over the life of the contract. So, 10 mil in “bonus” money on a 4 year deal would be a 2.5 mil hit per year.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how things play out.

It'll certainly be interesting to see how things play out.
Yep, lots of uncertainty. The cap really doesn’t need to go down because tv money didn’t. The owners lost stadium money, but at the end of the day, the billionaires only “lost” money in the sense that they made less than projected with full stadiums.

No need to get pissy. I'm pretty sure you're wrong though, the league gives you flexibility in the off-season by only counting the top 51 players salaries. They still don't allow you to go over the cap with those top 51 though. Atleast from everything I've gathered. I'd happily admit I'm wrong if you can prove that though.
You are right that the top 51 make up the cap number in the off season.

Please stop with the money and cap talk. I’ve been along with a few others been trying to tell some of you to quit worrying about the GD Cap, It isn’t a problem, WE don’t need to cut our talent to get cap money. We just offered JJ Watt somewhere around $30 million. It doesn’t take much more and that amount easily signs Jonnu, Davis and Brown. JRob can get what he needs when he needs it. The Titans don’t have cap issues.

Stop with the CUT TALENT for cap space talk. If you cut someone you cut them because they suck. Butler doesn’t suck. Redo his deal, but you don’t cut him.

Cutting talent for CAP Purposes (CAP CASUALITY) happens every year all around the league. Its Math man

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah good thing one of the leagues "top cbs" stopped guarding him and let Jonathon Joseph guard him who then allowed a 70 yard TD. Lol. I'm not even saying Butler is terrible, but y'all got his back like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

My whole point with this is that we have like 5 million in cap space right now or something pathetic like that. How do y'all expect we will improve our pass rush AND retain some key young players without cutting an overpaid guy? If our pass rush doesn't improve from last year it doesn't matter who our corners are. Our defense will be horrible just like it was this past season.

Any rational football fan would be just fine rolling with adoree, Fulton and Borders if it meant that 10 million from Butler would get us another legit pass rusher. Y'all must not know football too well if you think a bunch of good corners with no dline/pass rush is the way. That's elementary stuff.

Oh you mean $10 million to a legit pass rusher like Vic Beasley? Clowney is a good player and even that didn’t work out. Just because you spend on a player doesn’t mean you’ll improve.

Plenty of other examples of this too. Maybe you don’t know football that well? I mean you didn’t want us to draft AJ Brown and went crazy about how good Paxton Lynch was going to be. So maybe before you try and attack our football knowledge...

The salary cap isn’t even set yet. We don’t know much or how little money we officially have. Plenty of ways to create cap space without cutting guys. That’s elementary stuff.

Everyone who says Beasley was just a one year contract is forgetting carryover. We would have had those funds this year. Just saying, taking a guy with his obvious baggage was unwise.

Oh you mean $10 million to a legit pass rusher like Vic Beasley? Clowney is a good player and even that didn’t work out. Just because you spend on a player doesn’t mean you’ll improve.

Plenty of other examples of this too. Maybe you don’t know football that well? I mean you didn’t want us to draft AJ Brown and went crazy about how good Paxton Lynch was going to be. So maybe before you try and attack our football knowledge...

The salary cap isn’t even set yet. We don’t know much or how little money we officially have. Plenty of ways to create cap space without cutting guys. That’s elementary stuff.

Your memories of me are foggy at best. I liked the aj brown pick, although admittedly would've rather had DK. And plus I'm a tigers fan, that's what real fans do, they support their boys. Yeah, he sucked ass in the NFL, but so do alot of 1st round qbs.

Regardless, Malcolm is still completely expendable in my eyes if it means we can't resign corey, Jayon, johnnu and clowney(or another beastly dlineman/edge) I would literally rather have every one of these guys than Butler. We can agree to disagree.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your memories of me are foggy at best. I liked the aj brown pick, although admittedly would've rather had DK. And plus I'm a tigers fan, that's what real fans do, they support their boys. Yeah, he sucked ass in the NFL, but so do alot of 1st round qbs.

Regardless, Malcolm is still completely expendable in my eyes if it means we can't resign corey, Jayon, johnnu and clowney(or another beastly dlineman/edge) I would literally rather have every one of these guys than Butler. We can agree to disagree.

Nope. You specifically said you didn’t want the Titans to draft him.

https://gotitans.com/threads/players-you-do-not-want-the-titans-to-draft.101719/page-2#post-1864710

Why are you so frigging annoying?

Because no one, NO ONE knows more than “ D Man “. I can get pissy, I can get on my high horse and come off like a jerk, but I know I don’t know everything. Most everything, but not everything.. LOL. ... and to think that he scolded me about my posting style. Wow.

Because no one, NO ONE knows more than “ D Man “. I can get pissy, I can get on my high horse and come off like a jerk, but I know I don’t know everything. Most everything, but not everything.. LOL. ... and to think that he scolded me about my posting style. Wow.
Too many "experts" or high school heroes on this site at times lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back