Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still don't understand why people would want to cut Butler.

Because they think cap space wins games. Over half the league is over the cap currently. There is no reason we should be freaking out and wanting to cut half our roster. We don’t have any bad contracts on the books. We will be fine.

Because they think cap space wins games. Over half the league is over the cap currently. There is no reason we should be freaking out and wanting to cut half our roster. We don’t have any bad contracts on the books. We will be fine.

Malcolm Butler making 14 million dollars this year is a horrible contract though. . We just resigned borders. The writing is on the wall.

And since when is it ok to jump off a bridge just because everyone else is doing it? Lol

Restructure Butler. Extend Jackson. Resign Davis and Brown. Restructure Lewan. Cut Vaccaro. Our cap is not all doom and gloom. We can easily restructure and end up with 30 million to work with. Broadway sports has a good breakdown of the cap

I can get with this. If Butler will restructure then I would love him. Until then I see him as overpaid and overrated.

I'm still comfortable with my bet with dman that one of adoree or Butler will be gone though. Especially now that borders is secured. Y'all giving Butler wayyy too much credit. He literally gets paid the same as stephon Gilmore lmao. Y'all must've forgot what the Vikings rookie WR did to him.:biglaugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Malcolm Butler making 14 million dollars this year is a horrible contract though. . We just resigned borders. The writing is on the wall.

And since when is it ok to jump off a bridge just because everyone else is doing it? Lol

How is that a horrible contract? Lol he played like a top CB this year.

I can get with this. If Butler will restructure then I would love him. Until then I see him as overpaid and overrated.

I'm still comfortable with my bet with dman that one of adoree or Butler will be gone though. Especially now that borders is secured. Y'all giving Butler wayyy too much credit. He literally gets paid the same as stephon Gilmore lmao. Y'all must've forgot what the Vikings rookie WR did to him.:biglaugh:
I still firmly believe restructuring Butler is the way to go. As far as Jackson, I have no clue. I think this year was just an injury year that happens occasionally. I think the Titans extend him but if they have any issue with his knee then a trade would be in the works. Borders is no more than a 4th or 5th corner. Anything above that is foolish.

Butler allowed 4 receptions for 54 yards against Jefferson, not the whole total. Jefferson tore up everyone this year, so not much of an argument to cut Butler. Keep digging. Brandon Cooks is the only receiver to crack a 100 yds on him last season.

If you have never jumped off a bridge before, you dont know what you are missing..

Dont see this as writing on the wall at all. Borders isn’t replacing butler or we’re already building up Bowen/Vrabel’s excuses now.

Butler allowed 4 receptions for 54 yards against Jefferson, not the whole total. Jefferson tore up everyone this year, so not much of an argument to cut Butler. Keep digging. Brandon Cooks is the only receiver to crack a 100 yds on him last season.

Yep! Butler played at a very high level last season.

Yeah good thing one of the leagues "top cbs" stopped guarding him and let Jonathon Joseph guard him who then allowed a 70 yard TD. Lol. I'm not even saying Butler is terrible, but y'all got his back like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

My whole point with this is that we have like 5 million in cap space right now or something pathetic like that. How do y'all expect we will improve our pass rush AND retain some key young players without cutting an overpaid guy? If our pass rush doesn't improve from last year it doesn't matter who our corners are. Our defense will be horrible just like it was this past season.

Any rational football fan would be just fine rolling with adoree, Fulton and Borders if it meant that 10 million from Butler would get us another legit pass rusher. Y'all must not know football too well if you think a bunch of good corners with no dline/pass rush is the way. That's elementary stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah good thing one of the leagues "top cbs" stopped guarding him and let Jonathon Joseph guard him who then allowed a 70 yard TD. Lol. I'm not even saying Butler is terrible, but y'all got his back like he's the best thing since sliced bread.

My whole point with this is that we have like 5 million in cap space right now or something pathetic like that. How do y'all expect we will improve our pass rush AND retain some key young players without cutting an overpaid guy? If our pass rush doesn't improve from last year it doesn't matter who our corners are. Our defense will be horrible just like it was this past season.

Any rational football fan would be just fine rolling with adoree, Fulton and Borders if it meant that 10 million from Butler would get us another legit pass rusher. Y'all must not know football too well if you think a bunch of good corners with no dline/pass rush is the way. That's elementary stuff.
I think “y’all” as it applies to me, thinks we will restructure some contracts as well as some cuts. But, I don’t think the Titans prefer to cut their best corner given the struggles in the secondary.

I think “y’all” think we will restructure some contracts as well as some cuts. But, I don’t think the Titans prefer to cut their best corner given the struggles in the secondary.

I've already said restructuring contracts would be great, so we agree there, although there will need to be alot of restructuring in order to make the important moves we need to make. Still don't know how we will fix our pass rush/dline and resign 2 of Corey Jayon and Johnnu with only 5 million in cap space. Not to mention we only have like 30 or so players under contract. I just don't understand where the money is going to come from, but feel free to educate me if you know.

I've already said restructuring contracts would be great, so we agree there, although there will need to be alot of restructuring in order to make the important moves we need to make. Still don't know how we will fix our pass rush/dline and resign 2 of Corey Jayon and Johnnu with only 5 million in cap space. Not to mention we only have like 30 or so players under contract. I just don't understand where the money is going to come from, but feel free to educate me if you know.
Quicken Loans probably.

Or, one of the several restructure scenarios that gets the Titans anywhere from 25-50 in space. I think they land closer on the 25 mil side personally. With that and creative contract terms over the next couple of seasons, they can be pretty flexible.

Or, one of the several restructure scenarios that gets the Titans anywhere from 25-50 in space. I think they land closer on the 25 mil side personally. With that and creative contract terms over the next couple of seasons, they can be pretty flexible.

I hope you're right. We would need alot of players to restructure to get there, but we'll see what happens I reckon.

Please stop with the money and cap talk. I’ve been along with a few others been trying to tell some of you to quit worrying about the GD Cap, It isn’t a problem, WE don’t need to cut our talent to get cap money. We just offered JJ Watt somewhere around $30 million. It doesn’t take much more and that amount easily signs Jonnu, Davis and Brown. JRob can get what he needs when he needs it. The Titans don’t have cap issues.

Stop with the CUT TALENT for cap space talk. If you cut someone you cut them because they suck. Butler doesn’t suck. Redo his deal, but you don’t cut him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back