Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Ryan, and it was a great signing. But he's likely gonna be more money than I'd be willing to pay at this point. Keep AJ and Butler, and draft CB in the second or third, whichever round we don't go OT.

Ah, you're right. Still too much to justify cutting him.
He is also a good cb. He isn't elite and adore is easily the best on the team but he is no scrub. Guy would start for almost every team.

People get caught up in shutdown guys. Would be great if there were more than 2 or 3 of them at any time but that is the world we live in.

Dead money looks to me like 6 million with 13.5 cap savings if we cut him. So we save 7.5 million cutting him if over the cap is correct

We need size at corner. Xavier Rhodes might be an option
Is he a good fit? Depth, for sure. But we need a starting nickle.
Rhodes is not the guy he was a couple of years ago, and he shouldnt be paid like a starter on our team bc he wouldnt be a full time player.

Rhodes is not the guy he was a couple of years ago, and he shouldnt be paid like a starter on our team bc he wouldnt be a full time player.

I like the fit. I believe Hooker takes over that role. He should be relatively cheap. 1 yr deal.

Plus he likes to fight and blame everyone besides him when he gets toasted. You can tell his teammates hate playing with him.

Always surprised by the takes on Butler.

People wrote him off after getting torched the first few games here. He was one of the best CB's in the league the 2nd half of that season and we saw a massive drop off without him in '19. Based off of what we gave up in scheme without him, I'd argue that he is the most essntial player on our defense.

Always surprised by the takes on Butler.

People wrote him off after getting torched the first few games here. He was one of the best CB's in the league the 2nd half of that season and we saw a massive drop off without him in '19. Based off of what we gave up in scheme without him, I'd argue that he is the most essntial player on our defense.
Noooooo way hes the most essential. First of all hes a CB, so on half the snaps he doesnt even do anything. And when he did go down with his injury he wasnt even that good.

Ill agree he was solid the 2nd half of 2018, but Brock came in off the streets and was basically the same player as Butler.

We can't afford to keep both ryan and butler if we want to improve our pass rush. I'd rather have ryan, but we're stuck with butler because of his contract unless we can trade him. I'm ok with going into the fa/draft period with jackson, butler, byard, vaccaro, hooker and shank as our dbs. I think we'll bring in 3 new players in that group before camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back