Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noooooo way hes the most essential. First of all hes a CB, so on half the snaps he doesnt even do anything. And when he did go down with his injury he wasnt even that good.

Ill agree he was solid the 2nd half of 2018, but Brock came in off the streets and was basically the same player as Butler.

Brock played well. Great pickup.

...but we went to soft coverage, stopped blitzing, stopped getting sacks, etc.

Landry needs help to be productive. Simmons/Casey weren't making a ton of plays. Woodyard and Long can fill gaps without Evans and Brown. Having CBs you can trust to battle with the WRs and be physical is key to the scheme we ran.

That may change a bit this year, but it was a different team without Butler.

Logan ryan imo should have been higher on our list than Tanny. Too many other good qb options out there we could have got way cheaper

Logan ryan imo should have been higher on our list than Tanny. Too many other good qb options out there we could have got way cheaper
I don't know about that. Who do you think would have played as well as Tannehill did last season for the Titans in 2020 that would have been cheaper?

I don't know about that. Who do you think would have played as well as Tannehill did last season for the Titans in 2020 that would have been cheaper?
If tanny plays as well as he did last year then I don't have a problem with it. I just think he's going to struggle mightly or get hurt now after getting paid

He was our best corner last year hands down. Arguably our best defender last season. There are too many good qbs on the market to be over paying tanny
Adoree was fantastic and honestly Butler was playing pretty dang good before getting injured. Out of the three, those are the two I’d prefer to keep anyway.

Gonna draft a CB round one anyway.

Noooooo way hes the most essential. First of all hes a CB, so on half the snaps he doesnt even do anything. And when he did go down with his injury he wasnt even that good.

Ill agree he was solid the 2nd half of 2018, but Brock came in off the streets and was basically the same player as Butler.

Not true. Go back and look at our secondary’s numbers before and after the Butler injury. This defense went downhill fast!

Not true. Go back and look at our secondary’s numbers before and after the Butler injury. This defense went downhill fast!
It slipped for a couple of reasons, not just because of Butler. Pees pulled a 180 with blitzes. When Tanny took over he didnt have to be as aggressive as we were going into the 2nd half with a lead.

It slipped for a couple of reasons, not just because of Butler. Pees pulled a 180 with blitzes. When Tanny took over he didnt have to be as aggressive as we were going into the 2nd half with a lead.

Pees had to change the game plan because Butler was out. Our secondary got weaker so we needed more guys to drop back to try and accommodate.

Pees had to change the game plan because Butler was out. Our secondary got weaker so we needed more guys to drop back to try and accommodate.
One might think that had Pees not come out and said he changed the level of agressive plays because he was sitting on the lead.

Generally when you lose a CB, you try to speed the clock up with blitzes to mitigate the lack of talent.

One might think that had Pees not come out and said he changed the level of agressive plays because he was sitting on the lead.

Generally when you lose a CB, you try to speed the clock up with blitzes to mitigate the lack of talent.

Or the opposite. Both strategies are used.

Or the opposite. Both strategies are used.
Thats true

If Pees hadnt said what he said then I might think dropping into zone was a sign Butler was a major cog.

Also dont forget the timming of Simmons coming back also probably influenced things a bit. When you get a boost to the DLine you dont need to send 5 guys as often.

Thats true

If Pees hadnt said what he said then I might think dropping into zone was a sign Butler was a major cog.

Also dont forget the timming of Simmons coming back also probably influenced things a bit. When you get a boost to the DLine you dont need to send 5 guys as often.
I thought we also lost Jackson for a few weeks around the same time so it was really Ryan by himself (CBs anyway) and Brock still learning the system with Sims and Hooker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back