Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats true

If Pees hadnt said what he said then I might think dropping into zone was a sign Butler was a major cog.

Also dont forget the timming of Simmons coming back also probably influenced things a bit. When you get a boost to the DLine you dont need to send 5 guys as often.

Both good points. No clue the reason and no dog in this fight.

I hope this is something that was hashed out with the team and not something he decided when he saw Fulton take #26 today.

IMO his demand put the nail in the coffin when FA started. I don’t blame him for trying to get 1 last big payday but it was unrealistic. Jrob wasn’t going to give a 30 year old slot corner 10 mil a year. Ryan played solid but he also gave up some big plays especially in the title game. Appreciate his play, stand up guy but it was time to go younger and cheaper.

Time to go younger, cheaper, but most importantly get faster.

Ryan was great in run support and in blitzing and playing zone, but he got brutalized by the speed guys in man coverage

Time to go younger, cheaper, but most importantly get faster.

Ryan was great in run support and in blitzing and playing zone, but he got brutalized by the speed guys in man coverage

If we kept him, it would have been a downer..... He got lit up by KC's speed.
Granted, it's hard to match that much speed through 4 CBs --- but you need to at least try, and Logan would just hinder any progress forward.

Getting rid of Sims was the 1st crucial step in the right direction.

This guy trying to act like he was giving the Titans a deal. Smh. He made $10.6mil this past year. Appreciate what you did here but go pound sand.
Yeah...I mean, the same franchise overpaid him for years. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed some games with him, but he got burned up a lot last year. He did make a big play in the playoffs, but $11 million worth? Nah dog...

Yeah...I mean, the same franchise overpaid him for years. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed some games with him, but he got burned up a lot last year. He did make a big play in the playoffs, but $11 million worth? Nah dog...
I think last year highlighted how well he can play with some other DBs on the field but how poorly he can play when he’s all by himself.

I’d like to have him back but no way is he justified in asking for anything more than middle tier CB.

Interesting that ESPN is posting Ryan’s FA comment of being open to any team except the titans.

Seems weird if that’s solely based on a possible low ball offer considering it seems whatever he’s asking for is too high for every team since his still a FA.

Or, seems out of character reputation, the titans did him wrong somehow.

He cant really be open to the Titans if we dont want him. It was reported that he came to the organization saying he would come back to TN at the same rate.

We didnt want him. We moved on. I think it's as simple as that. We didnt do him wrong

All you have to do is watch the AFC Championship game and it's clear as day why Logan isn't back with the team. He was repeatedly burned over and over in that game and throughout the season. Logan was a sound tackler who could occasionally make a play on a corner blitz, but he was a liability in pass coverage. The Titans didn't do him wrong, he fulfilled his contract and they moved on.

Interesting that ESPN is posting Ryan’s FA comment of being open to any team except the titans.

Seems weird if that’s solely based on a possible low ball offer considering it seems whatever he’s asking for is too high for every team since his still a FA.

when your current team gives you a low offer, then gives your number to an incoming rookie the next day, I’d say it’s safe to say they aren’t interested.

that had to hurt, and seemed out of character for JRob.

when your current team gives you a low offer, then gives your number to an incoming rookie the next day, I’d say it’s safe to say they aren’t interested.

that had to hurt, and seemed out of character for JRob.
Id say by the time Fulton got LR's number, comms between LR and the team had pretty much come to a natural end.

I highly doubt we gave LR the silent treatment and then dished out his # to a rookie.

All you have to do is watch the AFC Championship game and it's clear as day why Logan isn't back with the team. He was repeatedly burned over and over in that game and throughout the season. Logan was a sound tackler who could occasionally make a play on a corner blitz, but he was a liability in pass coverage. The Titans didn't do him wrong, he fulfilled his contract and they moved on.
I don’t think that’s a fair assessment at all.
Chiefs beat every secondary.

Ryan isn’t a #1 or even #2 DB anymore but while he was on the field with a healthy Butler and Jackson, he played great. Once those 2 both went down, it show cased he’s not a #1/#2.
The cost is way to high for his talent level but if he was willing to go cheaper, I’d still love to see him back. That’s much less likely now that a replacement was drafted but I can’t honestly say that’s Ryan is worse than Tye Smith or even Hooker. His current asking price is just more than the difference between how much better he is than them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back