Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it looks like the rest of the NFL is not cooperating with the Titans plans, lol.
Obviously Corey Davis got a massive deal somewhere else as well so we lost these guys even though we were trying to keep them.

oh they'll play it up like they always knew that they were going to lose them, but I firmly believe that they were trying to do everything they can to keep them but they couldn't come up with enough money.
I think they always did plan to let them walk.

Just read that Jonnu making more than any other Patriot skill player in history. So that means more than Randy Moss and Gronk in their heyday haha.
And he’s getting more guaranteed money than Kelce and Kittle. Crazy.

We’ve got $17 million in cap space. We sign Jonnu for $12 million a year... what impact player are you gonna add with the leftover $5 million?

We can easily get more cap money by extending or restructuring several deals. Also you could easliy sign Jonnu to a 12 mil per yr avg salary and have his cap hit this yr be around 4mil...Just like the Bucs did for Barrett...his cap hit is under 6mil this yr even though his avg salary is 17mil

The WRs and CBs haven't really started coming off the board yet and Dupree/Lawson/Reddick still out there

Although we are seeing a lot of players resigning with their teams in the last few hours after gauging what the market could pay them. Corey, Jayon, etc. could still come back.
I don’t think any top WR has signed. Most sources I saw had Davis ranked after Ju Ju bean and Happy Golliday.

We can easily get more cap money by extending or restructuring several deals. Also you could easliy sign Jonnu to a 12 mil per yr avg salary and have his cap hit this yr be around 4mil...Just like the Bucs did for Barrett...his cap hit is under 6mil this yr even though his avg salary is 17mil

The WRs and CBs haven't really started coming off the board yet and Dupree/Lawson/Reddick still out there
The great unknown in refinancing or extending is how much cash on hand do the Titans have? No one knows if Amy’s buyout of her families share of the team put the squeeze on ready cash or not. If it did, ain’t gonna be no refinancing.

You can’t “easily” restructure deals. Owner has to sign off on it and has to have the cash right now to pay out those deals.

Anthony Firkser almost put up and identical stat line to Jonnu last year. We just don’t utilize him enough to justify that price tag.

CJ Mosley on the trade block?

• The Jets have been receiving trade calls on four-time Pro Bowl linebacker C.J. Mosley, Pelissero reported. The seventh-year veteran still has $22 million in guarantees remaining on his contract after opting out last year. His cap hit on a new team would be $6 million in 2021. New York, which is flush with cap space, is heavy in on defensive end Trey Hendrickson, per NFL Network's Mike Giardi. After recording a career-high 13.5 sacks with the Saints in 2020, the fourth-year lineman is No. 4 in Rosenthal's Top 101 FA list.

I know we will probably go after the 2nd wave guys and some of these contracts are brutal but man is it frustrating seeing other teams be active

I'm starting to wonder if we're going to make any big moves at all this off-season. Maybe jrob is taking the old patriots route of letting talent go, stacking comp picks, and not overspending in free agency. The cap should sky rocket next year, maybe we just want to stand pat until then.

I don't hate it.

I'm starting to wonder if we're going to make any big moves at all this off-season. Maybe jrob is taking the old patriots route of letting talent go, stacking comp picks, and not overspending in free agency. The cap should sky rocket next year, maybe we just want to stand pat until then.

I don't hate it.
We will at least signed the 2nd and 3rd wave options as we have more holes than draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back