Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is that’s not a JRob decision though. That’s an owner decision. Titans gotta have the cash right now in order to do that.

I saw something about Amy buying out someone? Maybe that’s a factor.
Absolutely, Amy has to tell Robinson what his budget is. If it works, they do it. If we are cash strapped and can’t, we aren’t quite as good next year in all likelihood.

For one, it's easier to find a replacement or Jonnu and Davis than it is to find an elite pass rusher. Also, Landry and Simmons are high quality rushers as well, despite not having any help, so it isn't like Hunter would be the only quality talent in our front 7.
We didn't have to find replacements for jonnu or CD, they were already here. At the absolute very least we could have tagged one of them. Now we have extra holes to fill along with edge rusher which clearly isn't easy to fill either as shown by the clowney/beasley experiment.

I hope we get a stud edge guy and it turns our defense elite, all the while replacing jonnu and CD with cheaper options and not skipping a beat on offense.

However I feel as it's far more likely that instead we overspend on an edge rusher who makes our defense probably still below average, meanwhile our offense takes a step back.

If I have the choice between elite offense/terrible defence or average offense/average defense I'm taking the elite offense/terrible defence everyday of the week. You don't win superbowls by being average.

With all that being said, I hope I'm wrong. I hope we don't miss jonnu and CD, I hope our defense takes a huge step forward. I just don't see it shaking out like that.

We didn't have to find replacements for jonnu or CD, they were already here. At the absolute very least we could have tagged one of them. Now we have extra holes to fill along with edge rusher which clearly isn't easy to fill either as shown by the clowney/beasley experiment.

I hope we get a stud edge guy and it turns our defense elite, all the while replacing jonnu and CD with cheaper options and not skipping a beat on offense.

However I feel as it's far more likely that instead we overspend on an edge rusher who makes our defense probably still below average, meanwhile our offense takes a step back.

If I have the choice between elite offense/terrible defence or average offense/average defense I'm taking the elite offense/terrible defence everyday of the week. You don't win superbowls by being average.

With all that being said, I hope I'm wrong. I hope we don't miss jonnu and CD, I hope our defense takes a huge step forward. I just don't see it shaking out like that.
Well, Davis ain’t gone yet. Until he signs elsewhere, there is a chance, slight, but a chance.

Sure but no telling until the season actually plays out. Going to be many cities who still won’t allow fans this year.

If Biden has his way, all states will have to provide access to everyone that wants a vaccine by May. If over half the nation is vaccinated, every place we be opened back up permanently.

If Biden has his way, all states will have to provide access to everyone that wants a vaccine by May. If over half the nation is vaccinated, every place we be opened back up permanently.

Nope. Not gonna talk politics but Dr. Fauci has made it clear that just because you’re vaccinated doesn’t mean you can go out and do normal things. He’s said it multiple times actually. That’s not the plan.

Anyways, I’m just saying you can’t count assumed cap space as cap space. That’s a huge gamble that could really hamper a team.

Pass rushers quickly getting signed. Really hope Ngakoue becomes a Titan. I hope even more that JRob doesn't crap the bed like he did last year.

Here is what will blow everyone's mind if it has not already been posted. Jonnu Smith got the same deal we gave Derrick Henry last year 4 yrs 50 million. But Jonnu is getting 6 million more in guaranteed money.

Pats just signed Matthew Judon for a deal very close 4 yrs 56 million. Wow I liked him but not at that price with so many edge players available.

Also, I really like Jonnu but not at top 3 money. And franchise number for TE was like 8 million and that deal is in 12.5 million range, that is a head scratcher, especially with Cam as qb.

Even if we get a stud edge rusher our D likely isn't going to be anything special. We had a special offense, hopefully they can replicate it but with the pieces we lost I'm concerned that we won't.
I think if we get a good DE in FA, draft a DT, DE and a decent CB we will be alright
Too bad Jonnu left but he's replaceable and a FA WR like Marvin Jones would if Davis leaves

Pats just signed Matthew Judon for a deal very close 4 yrs 56 million. Wow I liked him but not at that price with so many edge players available.

Also, I really like Jonnu but not at top 3 money. And franchise number for TE was like 8 million and that deal is in 12.5 million range, that is a head scratcher, especially with Cam as qb.
Pats are reloading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back