Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo why tf didn't we tag johnnu?
In the role we use him in he’s not worth that kind of money. By letting him walk we’ll get a 3rd round comp pick and saved a bunch of money for PASS RUSH. Firkser and Pruit did really well for us the past few years.

Yo why tf didn't we tag johnnu?
I'm kind of bummed about that too, it's a lot for a TE, but still don't like seeing him go. I think his potential is capped in NE for now with Cam and whatever rookie they take though. He was seriously starting to become a reliable weapon in the first half of this past season before he got his leg banged up. Still had a solid year even after that.

I'm expecting us to make some moves to solidify the team before the draft so we can go after finding talent there.

In the role we use him in he’s not worth that kind of money. By letting him walk we’ll get a 3rd round comp pick and saved a bunch of money for PASS RUSH. Firkser and Pruit did really well for us the past few years.

Damn didn't realize we were getting a 3rd by letting him walk. Good to know. Is it because of how much he got paid or where we originally drafted him?

Damn didn't realize we were getting a 3rd by letting him walk. Good to know. Is it because of how much he got paid or where we originally drafted him?
I think it's based on size of contract. But depending on what we spend on free agency I believe we could lose that comp pick. If I'm wrong please don't flame me comp picks confuse me lol

I'm kind of bummed about that too, it's a lot for a TE, but still don't like seeing him go. I think his potential is capped in NE for now with Cam and whatever rookie they take though. He was seriously starting to become a reliable weapon in the first half of this past season before he got his leg banged up. Still had a solid year even after that.

I'm expecting us to make some moves to solidify the team before the draft so we can go after finding talent there.

Yeah, the fact that he became the 3rd highest paid tight end ever though is a bit ludicrous. I know vrabel is pissed right now. He's loved johnnu ever since he got pancake blocked by him in training camp.

We should/could get a 3 for Davis and a 3 for Jonnu. And I really doubt we will spend enough to lose the picks. We getting a 3 this year for Conklin. It is better than nothing. I think the cowboys are getting like 4 comp. picks this year.

It’s yet to be determined, but it’s based on what a player is paid. Also factoring in the equation is how much we spend in FA. We could balance out and wind up with no extra pick.

We should/could get a 3 for Davis and a 3 for Jonnu. And I really doubt we will spend enough to lose the picks. We getting a 3 this year for Conklin. It is better than nothing. I think the cowboys are getting like 4 comp. picks this year.
Well, Beasley knocked out Mariota’s comp pick, so until the dust settles we just don’t know.

Jonnu is going to die in New England. Although I hate the TEnd-centric offense we had for years, he's was a perfect fit for us since he could stretch the field. We have two secondary weapons that need replacing.

Cap has shrunk but the chargers just paid 62.5 million 5 years for a Center! Wow!

And I doubt that there is any way we spend enough to lose one of the possible 2 third round picks. Interesting to see how much Corey Davis gets and how long it takes. I cannot find anywhere that is official that he has signed with the Ravens.

I would assume that Kenny Golladay would be the first WR to sign a big deal. He is a true number one WR.

Well, Beasley knocked out Mariota’s comp pick, so until the dust settles we just don’t know.
That is true I forgot about that. Never understood that one. MM got a lot more money than we gave for Beasley. I never did understand that one. Especially since MM got a multi-year deal and Beasley a one year deal, that he did not even come close staying one year.

Cap has shrunk but the chargers just paid 62.5 million 5 years for a Center! Wow!

And I doubt that there is any way we spend enough to lose one of the possible 2 third round picks. Interesting to see how much Corey Davis gets and how long it takes. I cannot find anywhere that is official that he has signed with the Ravens.

I would assume that Kenny Golladay would be the first WR to sign a big deal. He is a true number one WR.
If we sign a decent Edge (if) then probably one of those compensatory picks is countered. Also, it depends on what Davis actually gets. It might be a 4th instead of a third. Too early to know. Part of me hopes we don’t get zip because that would mean we went after quality in FA not just a buncha second wavers who are “good football players who wanted to play here.”

Well it looks like the rest of the NFL is not cooperating with the Titans plans, lol.
Obviously Corey Davis got a massive deal somewhere else as well so we lost these guys even though we were trying to keep them.

oh they'll play it up like they always knew that they were going to lose them, but I firmly believe that they were trying to do everything they can to keep them but they couldn't come up with enough money.

We’ve got $17 million in cap space. We sign Jonnu for $12 million a year... what impact player are you gonna add with the leftover $5 million?

Well it looks like the rest of the NFL is not cooperating with the Titans plans, lol.
Obviously Corey Davis got a massive deal somewhere else as well so we lost these guys even though we were trying to keep them.

oh they'll play it up like they always knew that they were going to lose them, but I firmly believe that they were trying to do everything they can to keep them but they couldn't come up with enough money.
Although we are seeing a lot of players resigning with their teams in the last few hours after gauging what the market could pay them. Corey, Jayon, etc. could still come back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back