Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we go big at Edge (meaning Dupree or Hunter) I'm comfortable bringing in a cheap WR. Otherwise, it would be a pretty big let down. I still don't understand why we reportedly haven't approached guys about restructuring.

Because he knows we’ve got players we need to sign next year and the year after. Restructuring helps now but hurts us down the road.

It’s just kinda ironic that a lot of people complain about the CD84 pick and now they are complaining we aren’t bringing him back.

IF indeed we simply don't have the money/can't free up money and we are forced to go the cheap old vet route, Ryan Kerrigan is at the top my list for Edge Rushers.

I get what you're saying but one great edge rusher doesn't make a good pass rush. Look at the buccs that front 7 was loaded, Steelers too. Hunter was great he's coming off a missed season too.

All I'm saying is I'm not overly convinced swapping out O talent for D talent is going to take us any further.

For one, it's easier to find a replacement or Jonnu and Davis than it is to find an elite pass rusher. Also, Landry and Simmons are high quality rushers as well, despite not having any help, so it isn't like Hunter would be the only quality talent in our front 7.

The point is cheaper is usually less talented, not more talented or even equal to - that’s why they are cheaper. The logic doesn’t translate that our guys will be too expensive, but equivalent players won’t be.

You are missing my point. You can’t lock them up before FA begins or they will be more expensive than equally talented players. After it begins and the market is set then yes, players of the same talent level will cost as much. So get your own players back if you can.

Because he knows we’ve got players we need to sign next year and the year after. Restructuring helps now but hurts us down the road.

But the cap should be substantially higher next year. And if I recall, I think we currently have something like 70 million in 2022 cap space, and that's based solely on the 2021 cap.

If just a couple, with the new tv contracts it can be done with minimal I’ll effects. But people talking about doing 5 or 6 don’t look far enough down the road.

But the cap should be substantially higher next year. And if I recall, I think we currently have something like 70 million in 2022 cap space, and that's based solely on the 2021 cap.

Cap has gone up about $10 million per season over the last 5 years. Remember the NFL and NFLPA agreed to take the hit in revenue over multiple seasons. Not just this year.

You are missing my point. You can’t lock them up before FA begins or they will be more expensive than equally talented players. After it begins and the market is set then yes, players of the same talent level will cost as much. So get your own players back if you can.
We are saying the same thing in different ways. Therefore, I compliment your astuteness.

Scaffold just volunteered to on Twitter...seriously.

The thing is that’s not a JRob decision though. That’s an owner decision. Titans gotta have the cash right now in order to do that.

I saw something about Amy buying out someone? Maybe that’s a factor.

The thing is that’s not a JRob decision though. That’s an owner decision. Titans gotta have the cash right now in order to do that.

I saw something about Amy buying out someone? Maybe that’s a factor.

That to me is the only thing that makes sense. Adams doesn't want to front the money.

Got a link? I can't find this. Also can you really say he's replaceable with a second when we took cd at #5?

My bad it was ESPN simulation. Yes AJ brown was a 2nd rounder for example. Davis was good but if someone does give him more than 10 mil a year it was a good call. He disappeared at the end of the season and was not the same after the death of his brother. Im sure that was a big mental issue but for top WR money we can't afford to keep him and Brown in a couple years.. Brown will be much better in the long run. So unless you could resign Davis on a 3 yr deal at 9-10 mil per, its best to let him walk. Sign a guy in FA and draft a guy. Batson is your #4 WR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back