Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels like the start of a rebuild right around the corner boys!

offense probably takes step back.
Defense takes a marginal step forward?

Hey, at least they let Conklin go and got his first round replacement in Isiah Wilson!
Don’t forget Wilson’s versatility. He can double as team bus driver.

Twitter also saying we're expected to have interest in Will Fuller and Golden Tate. Tate for the league minimum wouldn't be awful I guess as long he isn't the replacement for Davis, but I feel pretty certain a mid round rookie would be more productive than Golden Tate.

Twitter also saying we're expected to have interest in Will Fuller and Golden Tate. Tate for the league minimum wouldn't be awful I guess as he isn't the replacement for Davis, but I feel pretty certain a mid round rookie would be more productive than Golden Tate.
I'm not overly excited about Tate

Fuller maybe but those hammies worry me

Twitter also saying we're expected to have interest in Will Fuller and Golden Tate. Tate for the league minimum wouldn't be awful I guess as he isn't the replacement for Davis, but I feel pretty certain a mid round rookie would be more productive than Golden Tate.
fuller always hurt and just got busted for ped's or washed golden Tate? Gross lol

If we go big at Edge (meaning Dupree or Hunter) I'm comfortable bringing in a cheap WR. Otherwise, it would be a pretty big let down. I still don't understand why we reportedly haven't approached guys about restructuring.

If we go big at Edge (meaning Dupree or Hunter) I'm comfortable bringing in a cheap WR. Otherwise, it would be a pretty big let down. I still don't understand why we reportedly haven't approached guys about restructuring.

Robinson knows that if he needs a restructure he can easily get it done when he needs to....players are more than willing to turn non-guaranteed money into guaranteed money.

Even if we get a stud edge rusher our D likely isn't going to be anything special. We had a special offense, hopefully they can replicate it but with the pieces we lost I'm concerned that we won't.

And the spending spree in Foxboro continues: Former Ravens’ LB Matt Judon reached agreement on a four-year, $56 million deal, including $32 million guaranteed with the New England Patriots, per sources.

Even if we get a stud edge rusher our D likely isn't going to be anything special. We had a special offense, hopefully they can replicate it but with the pieces we lost I'm concerned that we won't.

You really undervalue the affect an elite pass rusher can have on a defense. All you have to do is look at the Super Bowl and see the best QB in the league running for his life to realize how important that is. And Hunter is absolutely elite, without question. Right up there with prime Von Miller. In fact his pass rush win rate over his career is higher than JJ Watt during his prime. And we would get to pair him with Landry and Simmons. An elite pass rush makes your secondary better as well, since they don't have to stay in coverage as long.

And neither Davis nor Smith were integral in our offense being elite. They were valuable pieces, but they are replaceable.

You really undervalue the affect an elite pass rusher can have on a defense. All you have to do is look at the Super Bowl. And Hunter is absolutely elite, without question. Right up there with prime Von Miller. In fact his pass rush win rate over his career is higher than JJ Watt during his prime. And we get to pair him with Landry and Simmons. An elite pass rush makes your secondary better as well, since they don't have to stay in coverage as long.

And neither Davis nor Smith were integral in our offense being elite. They were valuable pieces, but they are replaceable.
I get what you're saying but one great edge rusher doesn't make a good pass rush. Look at the buccs that front 7 was loaded, Steelers too. Hunter was great he's coming off a missed season too.

All I'm saying is I'm not overly convinced swapping out O talent for D talent is going to take us any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back