Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do re-signing our own FAs affect the comp picks?
If we re-sign Jayom and lose Smith for example is it a wash?

Compensatory Free Agents as defined by Overthecap.com:

The Basics and Methodology of Projecting the NFL's Compensatory Draft Picks | Over the Cap

[A] Compensatory Free Agent (“CFA”) shall be defined as an Unrestricted Free Agent (“UFA”) who: (i) signed with a new Club during the prior free agency signing period […] prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, on the Monday following the NFL Draft for that League Year1 […]; and (ii) ranked within the top 35%2 of all League players […]. Clubs that lose to other Clubs a greater number of CFAs than they sign or acquire from other Clubs shall be eligible to receive a Compensatory Draft Selection in the College Draft to be held in the following League Year subject to the provisions set forth below.

By that definition, it looks like Brown would have to sign with a new team to be eligible to be a CFA. So I don't think he should affect our comp picks if we were to re-sign him.

Jonnu is now the most expensive pass catcher the Patriots have ever had. I bet hes going to explode in New England. Sad to see him go.

I'm glad we let Jonnu walk for that price tag! That's a hell of a pass rusher we can get for that price. Jonnu missed several games this year and was not involved in several others he played in. We will be fine without him.

Corey Davis I'm more on the fence about but with the cap situation this year I think he is replaceable as well especially if he gets top tier WR money. We are certainly going to need to sign a WR and draft a WR.

I feel like Jonnu got overpaid big time. I definitely think he's pretty good but top 3 at his position? (I believe he's top 3 in avg salary now)

I mean there will be other players to fill those voids, even if they aren't players we envisioned.

Smith was good, but the Pats are paying a ton of money for potential over production. That being said, he was a pretty great red zone target this year and the Pats were one of the worst red zone scoring teams in the league. And obviously his YAC ability is among the best in the NFL. He doesn't have to be Kelce/Gronk to be worth it for the Pats. He just needs to produce in the red zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back