Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing to consider when pondering all of these supposed deals is that it works both ways. If we can get someone “as good as” (name your player) why would they be cheaper than keeping our own? The cap hits would keep our guys down too and if comparing true apples to apples production, why would player x be cheaper than our own guys? I suspect if we lose our guys, and I expect to, they will be replaced with players that are not “as good as” our current players. The game we are most likely playing is, we have to weaken one part of our roster to strengthen another. Will that prove to be an overall improvement in results on the field? I’ll let you know around mid-October (maybe sooner).

Well if we can reach deals with our guys that we can afford before they become free agents then sure. But we can’t franchise them and they likely won’t sign any bargain deals until it is clear what the market will be. So we could certainly resign them after free agency starts. But I am not sure why you think the players we could sign will be worse. The market will be flooded with talent relative to most years, and the total dollars to spend will be smaller than most years. Sure some top tier players might sign big deals, but that will leave a of great value in the second round of free agency. Some of our players will be there and if we get them great. But if we get better, well, even better.

please tell me we're gonna at least try to resign Desmond King... Him and Malcolm were the only bits of velcro on the secondary last year...

The point is cheaper is usually less talented, not more talented or even equal to - that’s why they are cheaper. The logic doesn’t translate that our guys will be too expensive, but equivalent players won’t be.
Well if we can reach deals with our guys that we can afford before they become free agents then sure. But we can’t franchise them and they likely won’t sign any bargain deals until it is clear what the market will be. So we could certainly resign them after free agency starts. But I am not sure why you think the players we could sign will be worse. The market will be flooded with talent relative to most years, and the total dollars to spend will be smaller than most years. Sure some top tier players might sign big deals, but that will leave a of great value in the second round of free agency. Some of our players will be there and if we get them great. But if we get better, well, even better.

JRob has got to spend $$$ on a young pass rusher in FA. Their are plenty available. Okawara, Reddick, Judon, Lawson, Ngakoue, Dupree, Barrett....Clowney, Van Noy

and he must find a slot CB ....King, Heyward, Sutton, Hilton, Poole

Let’s go JRob.... get it done and find a #2 WR while you are at it

I would think that if we haven’t signed our own guys yet, it becomes less likely that we are going to. Although this year is obviously weird so we’ll see.

Things certainly might change, but I never felt like we were going to bring any of our guys back. We will larger target 2nd and 3rd tier replacements. It is the way.

Corey is not a difference maker. We need either one real difference maker or several quality WR role players. Should be easy this year to fill the roster with solid inexpensive veteran WRs and Draft one or two.

Jonnu was hugely under utilized here. I get that. If we resign Firkser and Pruit I’ll be fine with this.

Just a little disappointing. Injuries limited CD a little bit and Smith over the last year and both seem like quality guys that can contribute regularly even if not superstars.
A lesser contract and Id love to see them both back but you can’t keep everyone and they aren’t the team’s cornerstones.

Good luck to them both, hopefully they do well, just not against the Titans.

It will be a different look. I assume we are also looking to add speed on both sides of the ball. However, it is one thing to say we are just going to reach out and sign quality replacements and it’s another thing to actually do it. The draft will be really important this year. Need those top 4 picks to big big contributors. No room for projects this year.

We may not agree to any FA for the next week to 10 days. I assume we are targeting “second wave” guys.

I've got to believe that we are targeting one of the first wave of pass rushers...at some point you have to invest in the defense and paying a cornerstone pass rusher is the best place to put your money.....I'm not saying we give Barrett a 20mil a yr deal....but we did spend 21mil last yr on Clowney and Beasley....so JRob has shown he is willing to spend money on the position...just need to get some production for the money.

We may not agree to any FA for the next week to 10 days. I assume we are targeting “second wave” guys.

You aren't wrong at all.... We're all up early, prepping for Noon launch, and we're probably gonna be shopping at Rent a Center as opposed to Best Buy.....

The good news is that only our guys will be overpriced and everyone will chase them and no one will want the better players, so we should be able to get like 10 pro bowlers for $20mil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back