Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lawson will get overpaid, that’s safe to say. A lot of this looks pretty garbage though.

Yeah. But it might not be as off as some people think. Well, Lawson's will be, but I'm not sure about everyone else.

Some here think cap and covid and think that we can sign anyone we want for 1 year, $4m. Like we can let Davis walk and sign 2 name WR's. Or sign 2 name edges. That isn't happening.

I think the best case is probably sign 2 of our guys and get an edge that everyone here will be disappointed in.

There will be deals galore. Edge is always a premium but even edge has a lot of interesting players becoming available and I’m sure we’ll see even more cuts in the next couple days.
The WR and CB markets are flooded so we should be able to get a few good players for deals. if we can spend our real money to get a solid edge and a DL in FA and then double down early in the draft, we can fill in the rest of the roster with inexpensive solid role players.

One thing to consider when pondering all of these supposed deals is that it works both ways. If we can get someone “as good as” (name your player) why would they be cheaper than keeping our own? The cap hits would keep our guys down too and if comparing true apples to apples production, why would player x be cheaper than our own guys? I suspect if we lose our guys, and I expect to, they will be replaced with players that are not “as good as” our current players. The game we are most likely playing is, we have to weaken one part of our roster to strengthen another. Will that prove to be an overall improvement in results on the field? I’ll let you know around mid-October (maybe sooner).

I REALLY hope we go after Shelby Harris. It’s rare that an interior pass rusher like him hits free agency. Pairing him with Simmons inside would make our defense dramatically better IMO.

I REALLY hope we go after Shelby Harris. It’s rare that an interior pass rusher like him hits free agency. Pairing him with Simmons inside would make our defense dramatically better IMO.

I don't know if it is just you posting a lot or a bunch of people, but I don't get the infatuation with Shelby Harris.

He has 16 sacks in 6 years while playing his best years with Von Miller and it is rare to see that kind of pass rusher?

I don't know if it is just you posting a lot or a bunch of people, but I don't get the infatuation with Shelby Harris.

He has 16 sacks in 6 years while playing his best years with Von Miller and it is rare to see that kind of pass rusher?
I don't get it either...on his 4th team?
I think we need to get younger more aggressive, forget these older mediocre guts

He’s received top ten pass rush grades several years in a row. He’ll get paid. I’d like to see us beef up the line. Barmore would be my ideal.

He’s received top ten pass rush grades several years in a row. He’ll get paid. I’d like to see us beef up the line. Barmore would be my ideal.

...and that top 10 pass rush grade translated into 2.5 sacks last year and 1 sack three years ago.

I like him (I guess) and would be happy to get him (I guess), but I don't see him to be a game changer.

If you take an 11-5 team and replace DaQuan Jones with Shelby Harris, you have an 11-5 team.

If we get over 25 mil in space, that's basically 50 mil per year in backloaded deals. Plenty of room to add and resign whoever the FO wants this off-season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back