Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We already have invested enough at OL. Lewan is coming back, so the left side won't need help. Giving help to one side of the OL isn't really that crazy.

And I watched Quessenberry a lot and really liked what I saw. Give them some competition, sure. But not 1st or 2nd round pick.
Well, that’s what I said, don’t need one early, but need more than we have. If a RT can hold his own and not need help, that frees up someone else to confound the defense.

Well, that’s what I said, don’t need one early, but need more than we have. If a RT can hold his own and not need help, that frees up someone else to confound the defense.
Yeah, I saw your other comment after I replied. Let's just hope JRob agrees with us and doesn't go and do something stupid like drafting another RT in the 1st round.

Yeah, I saw your other comment after I replied. Let's just hope JRob agrees with us and doesn't go and do something stupid like drafting another RT in the 1st round.
I would be surprised if he did. I hope I’m not surprised. Right now I put CB and WR as bigger needs.

I would be surprised if he did. I hope I’m not surprised. Right now I put CB and WR as bigger needs.
Which is why we should free up some space, go after Schwartz, provided his health checks out.
He would be a welcome addition

Leaves the draft for WR or CB at 22

I could see G in the mid rounds

Which is why we should free up some space, go after Schwartz, provided his health checks out.

Not sure he would check out before the draft though. If so, he is the best option right now. I wonder though, if JR has pegged Lamm for that job already.

Not sure he would check out before the draft though. If so, he is the best option right now. I wonder though, if JR has pegged Lamm for that job already.
Seems like he has with Lamm
I would like to see some vet talent, not another Kelly, he was ok but I'd like to see improvement on both lines

Although Henry probably makes them feel the line will be ok with Lamm replacing Kelly.

Well get Lewan back too

I think edge rusher is still a higher pri than both.

all eggs were put in on the clowney/Beasley show last year. I’m more confident in autry/Dupree but not so much so that drafting a rusher as THE pri should change.

I think edge rusher is still a higher pri than both.

all eggs were put in on the clowney/Beasley show last year. I’m more confident in autry/Dupree but not so much so that drafting a rusher as THE pri should change.
Yep maybe Edge or CB at 22, depends who is there

I could see a trade up to grab someone we like as well

I would like to see DE, CB and WR addressed early, no particular order

Like a lot of others have said. We have what we need to address the OL for the short term already. I wouldn't be picking OL in the 1st round again this season if I was JRob and I think he knows that would put him in a very awkward spot if something where to happen if he did.

Like a lot of others have said. We have what we need to address the OL for the short term already. I wouldn't be picking OL in the 1st round again this season if I was JRob and I think he knows that would put him in a very awkward spot if something where to happen if he did.
With 2 3rds we could address OL there

Sambrailo, Quesenberry and Lamm all have starting experience and should make for a solid competition. I wouldn’t go OT until the 4th.
DT (Barmore preferably), Edge, CB, WR for the first 4 picks.

I think we're probably done making any major FA moves until after the draft. Might add another depth or special teams piece, but I expect we're done for now.

After the draft, I could see us looking at a guy like Brian Poole or Casey Hayward if we aren't able to get a top CB in the first two rounds, and Olivier Vernon or Aldon Smith if we don't find another pass rusher.

Hmmm. Interesting.

Based of stats alone: coming off his best season. Not great against the pass but did get 6 passes defended and 2 pics. Solid against the run with 91 total tackles, 59 solo, and only 5 missed tackles (5.2%. He had 5.1% last year).

I can't imagine he'd be expensive. Could be one of those situations where we try him out but don't end up signing him unless we have injuries after the season starts. Maybe Jayon insurance?

Hmmm. Interesting.

Based of stats alone: coming off his best season. Not great against the pass but did get 6 passes defended and 2 pics. Solid against the run with 91 total tackles, 59 solo, and only 5 missed tackles (5.2%. He had 5.1% last year).

I can't imagine he'd be expensive. Could be one of those situations where we try him out but don't end up signing him unless we have injuries after the season starts. Maybe Jayon insurance?

There's no way he'll unemployed when the season starts. We need some serious depth at LB and this would be a great depth signing. This is a signing we need to jump on, considering his last season was pretty decent and he could be a player that's trending upward.

Goodson was PFFs 21st ranked ILB, one spot after Jayon who was the 20th best in the league. Also, he comes from the Browns who ran a 4-3. Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.
Would be a great signing.

Well I guess we didn't sign him. Not a peep of an outcome of the visit.
Not surprised, too close to the draft. If they draft a guy they like better they will not sign him, if they don’t, he might be a Titan. I might be wrong, but unless something unexpected happens, I suspect we are full bore into the draft and depth signings will come after.

Goodson was PFFs 21st ranked ILB, one spot after Jayon who was the 20th best in the league. Also, he comes from the Browns who ran a 4-3. Things that make ya go hmmmmmm.
Would be a great signing.

We aren’t switching to a 4-3 lol. Plus your base formation isn’t even the formation you run the most in the NFL anyway. Dime and Nickel is what you’ll be running for a big chunk of the game in today’s NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back