Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen how the LT is playing? Did you see our other option at QB? Woods, I can agree with...nothing special... But you have to fill those holes with someone and they ain't on this roster at the moment.

I'm sure Lewan gets dumped if he doesn't take a huge pay cut but we have seen what happens trying to piece together an OL.

Lewan does us no good if he's always injured, which he is. His impact is debatable.. he's average at best these days

1 game + 1 snap this year; 2017 was last full season he played

View attachment 20111

Erm... I have to assume the comments are about the salary cap, and not Strunk not having money. Don't NFL teams generate enough revenue to cover the salary cap every year?

Lewan does us no good if he's always injured, which he is. His impact is debatable.. he's average at best these days

1 game + 1 snap this year; 2017 was last full season he played

View attachment 20111
While I agree that Lewan is average... if he will take average money he's probably the best choice other than spending high draft picks on OL. LT is a hard position to fill... Lewan has been mostly "good enough" when he's played.

My whole point is, dumping hard to fill positions isn't that easy when you're talking QB, LT, WR all at once. Can't expect to fill those holes and be successful in the same season.

Erm... I have to assume the comments are about the salary cap, and not Strunk not having money. Don't NFL teams generate enough revenue to cover the salary cap every year?
+ i thought they had to revenue share, so if Dallas brings in 9 billion and TN brings in 4, we get some of Dallas' money.. etc

I thought Bud would be an easy cut in 2023 but our defense plays so much better when he's on the field. We probably need to hang on to him.

View attachment 20110

Other saving options would be:
Tannehill (17.8M)
Lewan (14.8M)
Woods (13.8) ((who needs WRs anyway))
Autry (7.3M)
Cunningham (9.3M)
between TL77 & expected yearly CAP increase should be plenty of $s to throw at Simmons

easily... dont mean the owners dont savage it... but AS has a few billion no actual reason to impoverish Titans

We don't have any money right NOW.. yes, that's absolutely right...

Ryan Tannehill is holding a portion that will get shipped right to Jeff's house...

Hooper will be cut, Lewan will be cut - there's your 'guaranteed' side of things.

How do we have no money but Rams can do whatever they want on the market every year

Never having to pay 1st round picks, because they trade them all -- and kicking the largest sums of money down the road --- so say they trade for and give a guy a 4 year contract... they're really gonna only hold on to him for about 2 or 3.

How do we have no money but Rams can do whatever they want on the market every year

Kroenke is super rich. They sign these guys to long deals that will never play out and he is able/willing to pay massive bonuses to spread cap burdens. He is eating hundreds of millions of dollars.

Amy has about a tenth of his wealth and her wealth is mostly the value of the Titans, so it isn't really liquid. So our franchise has a lot less flexibility to play cap games than the more wealthier owners that bought their team as a toy.

Kroenke is super rich. They sign these guys to long deals that will never play out and he is able/willing to pay massive bonuses to spread cap burdens. He is eating hundreds of millions of dollars.

Amy has about a tenth of his wealth and her wealth is mostly the value of the Titans, so it isn't really liquid. So our franchise has a lot less flexibility to play cap games than the more wealthier owners that bought their team as a toy.
Um, she’s also chipping in half a billion dollars for a new stadium for this town right now.

This has nothing to do with cash flow. Some of you have no clue how the league works. We have no cap space right now to sign him. You can’t just sign players to huge contacts whenever you feel like it. You have to make it work within the cap. They have to wait until when they can free up the space to sign him. They have spent huge amounts of money on players like Landry and Dupree(both drastically overpaid), so it’s not like they don’t have the money to actually pay players. We wouldn’t have basically zero cap room if they didn’t have money. We have paid some players too much and have taken on a lot of dead money, through trades and cuts. It’s not a cash flow issue, it’s having a GM that has no clue what he’s doing, and panics regularly.

You summed up what I was going to say. Amy Adam's is not rich enough to turn these huge salaries into sign bonuses to make more cap. Look at Mark Davis, dude isn't even a billionaire. You never hear the Raiders turning salary into sign on bonuses.

if MW7 dont show something T17 aint going anywhere in 23
You really think this team is going deep into the playoffs with Willis or Tannehill?
Sorry hate to be a downer but I truly believe our window is closing fast or closed after the Cincy loss.

LOL

aint nobody 'believes' it but gotta get into the dance to have a chance

only have to play 3 good games to win it all. Titans can do that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back