Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

I'm literally just spewing the things alot of y'all say before even knowing what the hell it's going to look like - that crap is all over here. 'Great signing, Great draft pick, Man, we're going to throw the ball all day, Best offensive line inbound' ya-da-ya-da-ya-da.......

We honestly need an accountability feature somewhere near the avatar, that way when you say asinine things in 2024, if by 2026 it's the worst take ever submitted - you get docked points.

Stop saying ANY HIRE is a good hire until you see the roster we're going to field, and if we get out bidded in Free Agency on crucial pieces, out drafted in the NFL Draft, and worst of all - hit with another long season of injuries.

Is it a step in the right direction, absolutely. But coaches don't play the game - players do. And if we keep trying to get by cheap on the offensive line via Daleys, Dillards, etc - then absolutely nothing is going to change - In that regard, RWILL is more likely to change his own tires than us change on the pass protection side of things.

I like the hire because he is young, he's offensive minded, and I take his hiring as a signal we are finally putting in place an offense designed for this century.

Maybe it's foolish of me to assume that. But if a fan doesn't have hope then what does he have?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no shame at all at being adamantly opposed to the Will Levis pick in last year's draft, especially trading up for him. I will happily admit that he impressed me far more than I was expecting, but I still believe - and I think last season bears this out - that we had higher priority issues that needed to be fixed before drafting a QB. I steadfastly believe that under the current salary situation, the QB should be the final piece of the puzzle, NOT the first piece. I want my OL, WRs, and defense to all be in place before drafting a QB, and in particular, before eating into that QB's rookie salary cap numbers. At this point, our serious playoff aspirations should be materializing - assuming the quality of our hires of course, around year 3 of our rookie QB's 4 year contract (4 b/c he was drafted in the 2nd round if you recall). This gives us at most a two year window and more realistically a ONE year window before having to handicap ourselves with a large QB contract.

I have no qualms at all of my reservations being carved into the stone that is the internet for all the world to see. But I very much hope I'm wrong on all of this.

I have no shame at all at being adamantly opposed to the Will Levis pick in last year's draft, especially trading up for him. I will happily admit that he impressed me far more than I was expecting, but I still believe - and I think last season bears this out - that we had higher priority issues that needed to be fixed before drafting a QB. I steadfastly believe that under the current salary situation, the QB should be the final piece of the puzzle, NOT the first piece. I want my OL, WRs, and defense to all be in place before drafting a QB, and in particular, before eating into that QB's rookie salary cap numbers. At this point, our serious playoff aspirations should be materializing - assuming the quality of our hires of course, around year 3 of our rookie QB's 4 year contract (4 b/c he was drafted in the 2nd round if you recall). This gives us at most a two year window and more realistically a ONE year window before having to handicap ourselves with a large QB contract.

I have no qualms at all of my reservations being carved into the stone that is the internet for all the world to see. But I very much hope I'm wrong on all of this.
I think Levis has a ways to go to prove he’s for sure the guy long term.

I will point out, KC paid Mahomes a couple years ago and are still representing the AFC. You can pay the QB big money and still be a top team, I just think it’s a little harder the more cap strapped the team gets.

350.png

Anyone know Brian Callahan’s middle name? I’m going to assume it’s “Mike”. That way I can call him BMC and refer to the GM/HC relationship as “Ran BMC.”

I think Levis has a ways to go to prove he’s for sure the guy long term.

I will point out, KC paid Mahomes a couple years ago and are still representing the AFC. You can pay the QB big money and still be a top team, I just think it’s a little harder the more cap strapped the team gets.
but they a
Anyone know Brian Callahan’s middle name? I’m going to assume it’s “Mike”. That way I can call him BMC and refer to the GM/HC relationship as “Ran BMC.”
clearly his name has to be Mike
cant be Titans HC and not be Mike

Me: 'Please let it be Ryan, please let it be Ryan, please let it be Ryan, please let it be Ryan, etc...'

lets hope hopefully actual NFL capable coaches can salvage some of these clowns

getting players back to playing thru boo-boo's gonna be another thing to deal with

collecting checks cause of bruises is pure sarcastaball

So.........world class position coach.....Does Radunz and Petit Frere turn into average, serviceable starters?
He's God himself if he can turn the circus of an OLine around.

Hopefully there's a whole lot of shuffling of players/positions. If they're depending on him to make last year's crew serviceable, Levis better take out a BIG insurance policy on his lower half.

He's God himself if he can turn the circus of an OLine around.

Hopefully there's a whole lot of shuffling of players/positions. If they're depending on him to make last year's crew serviceable, Levis better take out a BIG insurance policy on his lower half.
Yeah, no saving it. C will definitely be replaced (be criminal not to), T as well. It’s possible we see 3/4 new bodies. Regardless if Mr. Jeans is the guy or not, no answers can be determined without adequate line play.

Yeah, no saving it. C will definitely be replaced (be criminal not to), T as well. It’s possible we see 3/4 new bodies. Regardless if Mr. Jeans is the guy or not, no answers can be determined without adequate line play.
total agreement... Titans OL so awful average play will be a huge improvement

Latest posts

Back