Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's actually a team friendly deal if he plays like he always has. But the rumor is he wants a new contract after he gets traded and that's my concern. I don't see J-Rob giving him much more than is already on his contract, especially since we have to pay AJ after this season.

Julio is not going to get a raise.

Seems all the reports are saying Seattle or Titans are the best fits for Julio

I would think we offer the best situation for him

Titans - Brown/Julio, Reynolds, rookies, depth guys

Seattle - Metcalf, Lockett, Jones, rookie, depth guys

Add in Brown and Henry pushing for him, Art Smith relationship and his knowledge of Titans players seems like an easier trade to get done

Seems all the reports are saying Seattle or Titans are the best fits for Julio

I would think we offer the best situation for him

Titans - Brown/Julio, Reynolds, rookies, depth guys

Seattle - Metcalf, Lockett, Jones, rookie, depth guys

Add in Brown and Henry pushing for him, Art Smith relationship and his knowledge of Titans players seems like an easier trade to get done
Wasn’t today supposed to be the day some decision was made? I just remember hearing some June deadline, could be wrong though.

The fact that Julio hasn’t been traded tells you that IF there was a 1st round on the table it had all manner of strings attached. Teams are just not willing to pay the Falcon’s perceived value. Well, he ain’t getting more valuable by waiting longer. At some point someone will blink and the risk is all on the receiving team not the Falcons.

Last edited by a moderator:
What NFL offense doesn’t primarily ride on 1 player?

The defense will be a lot better. Top 15 type better barring injuries.

Henry last year was what Haynesworth was in 2008. Made everyone else better. The defense was in 08 was "elite" because of him. Our offense last year was "elite" because of Henry. AJ's hamstring worries me and Julio could actually be another player that defenses will fear.

I would give Atlanta a 2nd that could turn into a 1st if Julio hits 1,000 yards or 10 TD’s. If the pick turns into a 1st, we get a 4th back from Atlanta. Works for me.
"Hey yo Art, Jrob here. Look man, here's our terms. They work for dangermode, so they should work for you."

Just playing, the logic is sound with your post.

Henry last year was what Haynesworth was in 2008. Made everyone else better. The defense was in 08 was "elite" because of him. Our offense last year was "elite" because of Henry. AJ's hamstring worries me and Julio could actually be another player that defenses will fear.

I guess you are agreeing with me. It’s usually one player that causes the offense or defense to go.

The 2008 Titans were a damn good football team.

What gives us an advantage of the Eagles and Seahawks is that we're in the AFC. People have said that the Falcons prefer to trade him to a team outside of their conference.

Also, I think the report that someone offered a 1st is bogus. They would have already taken it by not. Unless it was a 1st for Julio and a 2nd and ATL pays 75% of his contract or something, which they would never consider in the 1st place.

What gives us an advantage of the Eagles and Seahawks is that we're in the AFC. People have said that the Falcons prefer to trade him to a team outside of their conference.

Also, I think the report that someone offered a 1st is bogus. They would have already taken it by not. Unless it was a 1st for Julio and a 2nd and ATL pays 75% of his contract or something, which they would never consider in the 1st place.
I bet the future 1st rounder offer had the Falcons eating a portion of Julios salary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet the 1st rounder offer had the Falcons eating a potion of Julios salary.
And probably having to dish out a lower round too. I would give our first for Julio if the Falcons had to give us a 2nd too. It ain’t gonna happen though. But, if the Falcons are not budging off a 1st, then the pot will have to be sweetened.

I think it will end up being a second and Rashad Evens for Jones. With his contract a doubt they get a first rounder without giving anything back
And probably having to dish out a lower round too. I would give our first for Julio if the Falcons had to give us a 2nd too. It ain’t gonna happen though. But, if the Falcons are not budging off a 1st, then the pot will have to be sweetened.

I think it would have to be:
A) 1st for Julio with the Falcon paying at min half his cap hit this season.

B) 1st for Julio and a 3rd

C) 2nd and Rashad Evans for Julio.

I think it will end up being a second and Rashad Evens for Jones. With his contract a doubt they get a first rounder without giving anything back

I think it would have to be:
A) 1st for Julio with the Falcon paying at min half his cap hit this season.

B) 1st for Julio and a 3rd

C) 2nd and Rashad Evans for Julio.
The Falcons are trading Julio simply due to cap space. They're not going to trade for another player they will end up having to pay more money to. If the Titans agreed to pay Julio's $15 million salary, and the Falcons had to pay Rashaan's almost $4 million, that only clears $11 million for them. That's taking them backwards cap wise.

The Falcons are trading Julio simply due to cap space. They're not going to trade for another player they will end up having to pay more money to. If the Titans agreed to pay Julio's $15 million salary, and the Falcons had to pay Rashaan's almost $4 million, that only clears $11 million for them. That's taking them backwards cap wise.

How is gaining 11 mill going backwards?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back