Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moss was discarded by the Pats because they saw he was diminishing. Moss reaction to that, as a diva and mental case (in his prime he sucked with the Raiders) we now had a diminished head case.

Julio isn't being traded because of his skill level as much because the Falcons need CAP help. Now way he is leaving Atlanta if they didn't have CAP issues.

Recent reports are his two top favorite teams are the Titans and Patriots. I bet the Titans are by far preferred with the better QB scenario and how close we could be to competing for a SB. I mentioned a couple of times the Arthur Smith connection since this is a way both teams can help each other without conflict. The relationship is there, the motivation is there, and now it is about making it happen which means we may see some additional players in the trade along with some restructures and cuts. The window is the next couple of years.

Moss was discarded by the Pats because they saw he was diminishing. Moss reaction to that, as a diva and mental case (in his prime he sucked with the Raiders) we now had a diminished head case.

Julio isn't being traded because of his skill level as much because the Falcons need CAP help. Now way he is leaving Atlanta if they didn't have CAP issues.

Recent reports are his two top favorite teams are the Titans and Patriots. I bet the Titans are by far preferred with the better QB scenario and how close we could be to competing for a SB. I mentioned a couple of times the Arthur Smith connection since this is a way both teams can help each other without conflict. The relationship is there, the motivation is there, and now it is about making it happen which means we may see some additional players in the trade along with some restructures and cuts. The window is the next couple of years.
Julio has said he wants to play with Cam Newton, why I don't know, Tannehill is the better QB

With AJ, Henry and Tannehill..the Titans offer a better situation for Jones imo

These art
Why would the Seahawks need Julio?! They already have Locket and Metcalf and just drafted two big time rookie wideouts in Dwayne Eskeridge and Cade Johnson. How many touches could Julio possibly get there?
These articles are just click bait. Say something dumb or outrageous. They might as well just post-made you look!

Julio's contract pays him a $15 mil base this coming season so he does need to play well to be worth that. His base the next two years is only $11.5. That is what Smith and Davis are getting paid with their new contracts and reasonable.

It's actually a team friendly deal if he plays like he always has. But the rumor is he wants a new contract after he gets traded and that's my concern. I don't see J-Rob giving him much more than is already on his contract, especially since we have to pay AJ after this season.

1 way to look at it, how much would we paying for wr 1 and wr2 combined and judge, what would we paying if AJ wasn't on rookie pay. Would we overspend on the receiver position on a whole?

1 way to look at it, how much would we paying for wr 1 and wr2 combined and judge, what would we paying if AJ wasn't on rookie pay. Would we overspend on the receiver position on a whole?
I see it the opposite way. Since AJ is on a rookie contract, we should splurge on a #2 in order to maximize him being cheaper right now.

More I think about it the more I'm sold on the Julio trade as well. We got a new OC with 1 wr
I see it the opposite way. Since AJ is on a rookie contract, we should splurge on a #2 in order to maximize him being cheaper right now.
Yea that's more of the line I was thinking, didn't really proof read my post. We would essentially be having 2 star receivers for the price of 1. Also was typing a new message when this came through, we got a new OC this year. 2 great receivers would mitigate more mistakes and help him. Julio probs ain't a burner or that but he's safer hands than Corey ever was if he's wr2.

More I think about it the more I'm sold on the Julio trade as well. We got a new OC with 1 wr

Yea that's more of the line I was thinking, didn't really proof read my post. We would essentially be having 2 star receivers for the price of 1. Also was typing a new message when this came through, we got a new OC this year. 2 great receivers would mitigate more mistakes and help him. Julio probs ain't a burner or that but he's safer hands than Corey ever was if he's wr2.
I also agree about the money. It is a good time for spending it, and around the time we start getting hit big with AJ, Julio wont be as big of a hit to cut or trade away. Problem for me is, I dont want to give up a 1st round and spend the money.

I also agree about the money. It is a good time for spending it, and around the time we start getting hit big with AJ, Julio wont be as big of a hit to cut or trade away. Problem for me is, I dont want to give up a 1st round and spend the money.
Same. I don't really even want to give up a 2nd. A 3rd would have been my cap. Maybe throw in Evans too.

Getting another elite playmaker on offense is almost necessary at this point, our “elite” ranked offense last season was deceiving as it rode on primarily one player. We lost two playmakers in Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis, whom weren’t great to begin with, but they were vital in an offense that depended so much on King Henry. Keep in mind Tannehill hasn’t proven he can carry an offense in the playoffs yet, and every playoff win in the past two years, Henry blew up. In both loses, Henry was held in check. I doubt our defense will be too much better than last year’s, so we might as well trade for Julio and have an offense that keeps the chain moving.

I would give Atlanta a 2nd that could turn into a 1st if Julio hits 1,000 yards or 10 TD’s. If the pick turns into a 1st, we get a 4th back from Atlanta. Works for me.

Getting another elite playmaker on offense is almost necessary at this point, our “elite” ranked offense last season was deceiving as it rode on primarily one player. We lost two playmakers in Jonnu Smith and Corey Davis, whom weren’t great to begin with, but they were vital in an offense that depended so much on King Henry. Keep in mind Tannehill hasn’t proven he can carry an offense in the playoffs yet, and every playoff win in the past two years, Henry blew up. In both loses, Henry was held in check. I doubt our defense will be too much better than last year’s, so we might as well trade for Julio and have an offense that keeps the chain moving.

What NFL offense doesn’t primarily ride on 1 player?

The defense will be a lot better. Top 15 type better barring injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back