Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of move that puts this offense over the top. You can’t stack the box with Julio damn Jones AND AJ Brown you just can’t. Tannehill will be picking defenses apart out there. This is a move that if we’re close or really in the mix, we can’t afford to miss out.

We make this move happen and I legitimately see us winning division conference the whole damn shebang! Make it happen JRob!

So the article is basically just guessing it's a 2nd rounder only. If we don't give up a player on defense, and just lose a draft pick, ok. We just don't need to further weaken this roster for a WR on the downside of his career. Especially considering we don't actually throw the ball that much. Plus, the money issues? I just don't think this is a wise decision. I'd rather pickup a tight end and depth on pass rush.

So the article is basically just guessing it's a 2nd rounder only. If we don't give up a player on defense, and just lose a draft pick, ok. We just don't need to further weaken this roster for a WR on the downside of his career. Especially considering we don't actually throw the ball that much. Plus, the money issues? I just don't think this is a wise decision. I'd rather pickup a tight end and depth on pass rush.
This is loserspeak. By making this move you go all in on winning it now. Definitely worth the risk. I don’t just want to make the playoffs I want to win it all!

Yea, ok... let’s go trade draft picks for a TE that we throw to even less than WRs. That’s makes sense. JJ is a player you go get if you can. He changes things for an already good offense. We aren’t paper thin at DL btw. We don’t have a team full of pro bowlers but we have a lot more talent than we did last year.

If he is the Julio from 2+ seasons back... that could be the piece that gives us a legitimate chance of winning a SB. I am just so afraid that he is not going to be Julio2+. I think it is worth the risk. I don't want to give up a 1st rounder though. If they can do something that doesnt take our 1st rounder, I am all for it.

If he is the Julio from 2+ seasons back... that could be the piece that gives us a legitimate chance of winning a SB. I am just so afraid that he is not going to be Julio2+. I think it is worth the risk. I don't want to give up a 1st rounder though. If they can do something that doesnt take our 1st rounder, I am all for it.

I would agree. I would also want to be able to cut him with little to no cap hit in the next year or two. If we make room for him this year, great. I don’t want to be in the hook for multiple years after that capwise

This is loserspeak. By making this move you go all in on winning it now. Definitely worth the risk. I don’t just want to make the playoffs I want to win it all!
If you can't stop a team on 3rd and a mile it doesn't matter how many studs on offense you have.
Yea, ok... let’s go trade draft picks for a TE that we throw to even less than WRs. That’s makes sense. JJ is a player you go get if you can. He changes things for an already good offense. We aren’t paper thin at DL btw. We don’t have a team full of pro bowlers but we have a lot more talent than we did last year.
I didn't say trade a pick for a TE. I absolutely would have traded for Watt. Yes we are thin. Look at the depth chart someone posted a few pages before this, or on the defense thread. If Dupree doesn't play well or is still hurt, we have no depth at edge and we're back like last year. If autry or simmons gets hurt? Julio isn't going to win us a superbowl. A deeper defense will.

Most teams don't have the luxury of being three deep with talent at any position. We brought in Autry and Dupree to start and we used a 4th round pick on an edge guy to be a backup. We also drafted Murchison last year. We need those mid round picks to, at minimum, be serviceable. Right now on paper we have a dominating front four, a quality set of LBs and a bunch of draft capital and a FA in the secondary. Our biggest hole is at WR and maybe TE.

People get all bent out of shape about losing a DL guy or edge but what if we lose AJ Brown?

If you can't stop a team on 3rd and a mile it doesn't matter how many studs on offense you have.

I didn't say trade a pick for a TE. I absolutely would have traded for Watt. .

Watt was released so not sure why we would trade for him. We signed Autry for around half of what Watt cost. If you are actually saying we should have signed both of them I want some of what you are smoking. Watt is 32, Autry is 30, Watt had 5.0 sacks last year Autry had 7.5.

This team as is, has roughly 2 years left to make something happen, imo. Henry is getting to that age where RBs start to break down. Especially given the history 2k yard RBs. We have to go for it while our main weapons are still in their prime.

And with the extra game, we have to find a way to lighten Henry's load, while still keeping defenses honest. This move allows this offense to evolve from simply being highly efficient to downright deadly.

Julio last year was still elite. He just got hurt. Was pacing for 1300 yards on 91 receptions over a full 16 game season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back