Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Mahomes has regressed either. I think it’s OLine issues. Which is the same reason Tannehill has issues. The sack numbers are not his fault. This isn’t a case of him holding onto the ball to long. He has no time to throw. If the Oline was doing their job the Titans would be 5-0, 4-1 at worst. Tannehill hasn’t regressed and there is nothing to point at that proves he has. When he has time he makes great throws. The OLine has been trash and that’s not his fault.
I don't have the specifics, but I think this is where we do differ on opinion.

1. Mahomes is above THill in almost every way. It's not really a comparison and that's not a shot at THill.

2. Saying the OL improves that this team is 4-1, 5-0 lets the D off the hook for the crap they've played. OL improvement may change a couple scores, which COULD have changed the overall outcome of the Jets game, but ARZ absolutely smashed Tennessee, OL wasn't the difference.

3. Maybe one of the PFF experts can point out THill's number passing under pressure. Since taking over, his numbers in those situations were through the roof. This year, I feel like that is specifically where he is struggling and it's hard to quantify because "throwing under pressure" doesn't take into account all the times he couldn't actually throw it (i.e. sack). His sack numbers are much higher, so I'd say his "throws under pressure" has to be lower this year than previous although I don't know there's a metric that actually has a number for this.

Does it mean regression? No. I think good players have exceptional games and garbage games. It was stated that THill seemed on a long stretch of exceptional games, maybe this is just that "averaging out" that was almost expected by some.
Even if it is, I still think he's a good QB and won't be the reason the Titans can't win the SB. I still point to the D side 100% if only talking product on the field.
Coaching would take a lot higher % if using off-field contributions.

I don't have the specifics, but I think this is where we do differ on opinion.

1. Mahomes is above THill in almost every way. It's not really a comparison and that's not a shot at THill.

2. Saying the OL improves that this team is 4-1, 5-0 lets the D off the hook for the crap they've played. OL improvement may change a couple scores, which COULD have changed the overall outcome of the Jets game, but ARZ absolutely smashed Tennessee, OL wasn't the difference.

3. Maybe one of the PFF experts can point out THill's number passing under pressure. Since taking over, his numbers in those situations were through the roof. This year, I feel like that is specifically where he is struggling and it's hard to quantify because "throwing under pressure" doesn't take into account all the times he couldn't actually throw it (i.e. sack). His sack numbers are much higher, so I'd say his "throws under pressure" has to be lower this year than previous although I don't know there's a metric that actually has a number for this.

Does it mean regression? No. I think good players have exceptional games and garbage games. It was stated that THill seemed on a long stretch of exceptional games, maybe this is just that "averaging out" that was almost expected by some.
Even if it is, I still think he's a good QB and won't be the reason the Titans can't win the SB. I still point to the D side 100% if only talking product on the field.
Coaching would take a lot higher % if using off-field contributions.

Let me be clear … I’m not saying THill is in the same category as Mahomes. I’m saying that like Mahomes, THill isn’t the Titans problem. The offense playing up to their potential against the Cardinals could have, COULD have changed the outcome. But the Cards are for real and look great.

I wonder after lastnites game if you think Mahomes has regressed several steps ?

He only has 200 more passing yards than Tannehill and twice as many INT on a very pass heavy team. The Chiefs record is 2-3 and right now they would be out of the playoffs. The Chiefs are dead last in their division.
I couldn’t be happier he’s sucking. Can’t stand Kermit. His gimmick style of play has finally caught up to him. Oh well.

Not fools. Just realistic and clearly smarter. If it makes you feel better to smack your team and always look for the negative on your own team do it. But the facts didn’t speak to a 19-17 type game or even remotely a Jags win. They are poorly coached and not very good.

But thanks for acknowledging you were very wrong.
Actually I’m sure most of the same that chose this game right, chose the Titans to win by more than 14 against the hapless Jets, so you got one back, congratulations, here’s a cookie.

So I am rewatching the Jags game and I'm at the part where Tanne got hit from behind sending the ball forward. The shot on Urb trying to decide if to throw the Challenger flag is hilarious. Also, the players are visibly angry at him that he had not thrown it yet lolz

and a perfect example of why I dont care one shit about what the Jaguar players say. They were wrong and wasted a timeout thinking they knew better than the coach. A bunch of cry baby wimps who are used to lollygagging around, doing what they want, when they want, how they want and losing game after game after game after game. Of course they dont want a coach who is going to try and change their lazy environment and actually make them work for their millions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back