Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This team could really use Trey Smith right now. Starting for KC now.

How we didn't draft this guy when he slid so far is beyond me.

At least we traded up for Dez Fitzpatrick, right?

As a vols fan I would’ve loved to see Trey drafted by the Titans. His heart condition was a big concern but KC stole him

The Good

I liked that Downing actually drew up a few new plays that worked.

I liked that we ran Tanny on a few designed runs...forcing the DE to respect the possibility of the outside run prevents him from crashing inside...VY's threat to take the ball outside was a huge help to CJ...Tanny can help The King as well

Landry, Simmons and Byard made the impact that they are expected to make

The Bad
Our Lbers were total crap in coverage (poor coaching that allowed Landry to be one on one with a TE)

OL still giving up way to much pressure

Swaim is the worst blocker....do not design a play that counts on him making the key block.....3 games in a row of him totally screwing up a key play

No deep passes called again.....not sure whether this is a result of no trust in the OL to protect or that we just don't have the WRs to run the speed routes but we have had very few deep pass attempts this yr...even an incomplete deep ball forces the defense to back off the los a little bit fearing the possible deep strike...again a simple thing to help The King out...I'm good just throwing deep out of bounds on purpose just to put the threat in the minds of the defense.

If we can split the next 2 games I'll be happy and this is what I would have said at the beginning of the season

Still concerned about pass protection. Three sacks today from the least effective team in the NFL at rushing the passer. That is unacceptable. They should be fining the O-Line progressively for every sack at this point. There's waaaaayyy too much money being spent to protect the QB for this to keep happening, and it doesn't bode well for Tannehill to make it through the season if he keeps taking these hits. If it's scheme, then the coordinator needs to fix it. If it's O-line coaching then it needs to be addressed.

The Good

I liked that we ran Tanny on a few designed runs...forcing the DE to respect the possibility of the outside run prevents him from crashing inside...VY's threat to take the ball outside was a huge help to CJ...Tanny can help The King as well

The Bad
Our Lbers were total crap in coverage (poor coaching that allowed Landry to be one on one with a TE)

Swaim is the worst blocker....do not design a play that counts on him making the key block.....3 games in a row of him totally screwing up a key play

No deep passes called again.....not sure whether this is a result of no trust in the OL to protect or that we just don't have the WRs to run the speed routes but we have had very few deep pass attempts this yr...even an incomplete deep ball forces the defense to back off the los a little bit fearing the possible deep strike...again a simple thing to help The King out...I'm good just throwing deep out of bounds on purpose just to put the threat in the minds of the defense.

If we can split the next 2 games I'll be happy and this is what I would have said at the beginning of the season
Titans were abusing the lane between the DL & tarpkitty deep as F secondary though... which was nice

You are correct and nothing has changed. Anyone know our prime time record? I’m thinking it’s pretty bad, especially at home.

Quick research says 21-23 since 1999.
That counts all games in an evening time, not the 1pm/4pm games on Sunday (I’m east coast by nature) and doesn’t count oddball 1230 pm Thanksgiving games.
Does count MNF, SNF, TNF.
Playoffs not counted.

I’ll say I was kind of surprised Titans had that many games in prime time. Average 2 per year.
No real streaks of victory or losses that I saw either, maybe 3-4 in a row max.

The Good

The Bad

Considering Swain isn’t a good pass catcher either, not sure what they see in him.

Last 4 games vs Buffalo
13 Oct 2020 - titans W 42-16
6 Oct 2019 - Bills W 14-7
7 Oct 2018 - Bills W 13-12
11 Oct 2015 - Bills W 14-13

We need to beat the Colts again and one of the Bills, Chiefs, Rams.
The schedule is pretty soft after the next 4, but we are headed into a gauntlet.

From the Twitter comments .

This is just silly. Henry is leading the rushing title race by over 250 yards and is now on pace for 2,176 yards and 24 TDs AND HE HASN’T EVEN HIT THE PART WHERE HE USUALLY GOES NUTS.

And lol at this one...

Urban Meyer took longer to throw the challenge flag than he did to get that girl off his lap

He’s absolutely taken several steps back this year. Last year is looking more and more like an aboration.

I wonder after lastnites game if you think Mahomes has regressed several steps ?

He only has 200 more passing yards than Tannehill and twice as many INT on a very pass heavy team. The Chiefs record is 2-3 and right now they would be out of the playoffs. The Chiefs are dead last in their division.

I wonder after lastnites game if you think Mahomes has regressed several steps ?

He only has 200 more passing yards than Tannehill and twice as many INT on a very pass heavy team. The Chiefs record is 2-3 and right now they would be out of the playoffs. The Chiefs are dead last in their division.
I don't think so. Being pass heavy actually makes more sense that INT #'s would increase.
I believe they also just suffered some OL losses this past offseason which happens after some SB visits.

The fact they're last in the West is likely circumstantial. Chargers look good to possibly take the West. Raiders and Broncos looked like 3-0 pretenders, broncos more so. I see Chiefs passing both of them by the end of the year.

I don't think so. Being pass heavy actually makes more sense that INT #'s would increase.
I believe they also just suffered some OL losses this past offseason which happens after some SB visits.

The fact they're last in the West is likely circumstantial. Chargers look good to possibly take the West. Raiders and Broncos looked like 3-0 pretenders, broncos more so. I see Chiefs passing both of them by the end of the year.

I don’t think Mahomes has regressed either. I think it’s OLine issues. Which is the same reason Tannehill has issues. The sack numbers are not his fault. This isn’t a case of him holding onto the ball to long. He has no time to throw. If the Oline was doing their job the Titans would be 5-0, 4-1 at worst. Tannehill hasn’t regressed and there is nothing to point at that proves he has. When he has time he makes great throws. The OLine has been trash and that’s not his fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back