Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I understand correctly, the C typically call out the blocking alignment, not sure if that’s where missing Jones hurts or if someone else told them to block to the right.
That can’t be a pre-play call because the decision has to be made after the D lines up. If the call for blocking was not followed, it’d be a different individual at fault,

Is it also possible they were just fooled by the DE that dropped (even though it’s still 5 on 6 Jax to Titans)

blaming Dobbs is stupid

FIRST... it was INC as he had contact with ball and directed it towards a target - THAT is a pass not a fumble

last... it was a pass not a fumble

finally... it was intentional TD given to tarpkitties by ny - F roger RITP

I missed the play. Grandkids were distracting me, I looked away... heard the crowd looked up to see Jags running the opposite way.. then I saw the replay and I said oh that isnt a fumble.. it must have been an interception... nope fumble. That was a bs call. No way it was a fumble.

Horse collar bs call gave Dolphins a win today. Jersey good enough for that call? Refs decide more games than the players in my opinion.

I missed the play. Grandkids were distracting me, I looked away... heard the crowd looked up to see Jags running the opposite way.. then I saw the replay and I said oh that isnt a fumble.. it must have been an interception... nope fumble. That was a bs call. No way it was a fumble.
I’ve watched that replay probably 20x now, I dont think it was a fumble either. His arm is moving up in his throwing motion at the time it’s knocked loose.

Argue control or not, but he still has three fingers squeezing the end of the ball as it goes forward as well.

I think it’s close, but a bad call and more than anything, despite the magnitude of the play, the league spent almost zero time on it and considering how Vrabel wasted his TO anyway, should have thrown the challenge flag.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve watched that replay probably 20x now, I do t think it was a fumble either. His arm is moving up in his throwing motion at the time it’s knocked loose.

Argue control or not, but he still has three fingers squeezing the end of the ball as it goes forward as well.

I think it’s close, but a bad call and more than anything, despite the magnitude of the play, the league spent almost zero time on it and considering how Vrabel wasted his TO anyway, should have thrown the challenge flag.
It was super close, doubt a challenge would of overturned it. We should of been thinking about getting Stone ready for a booming kick. That sinking feeling I got after thinking we had another game...

If the refs were consistent on calls a lot of this bs with the refs wouldn't exist. That play to give the Jags the lead for example, if that's a fumble it needs to be a fumble for Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, and etc. The problem with officiating is they pick and choose what a hold or a fumble is to them on a individual basis, there is no standard. Like if a player has contact with football whether it's a pinky or index finger and completes a throwing motion that's a incomplete pass, that's the standard. It can be the other way to were it's a fumble. You can go on and on with everything that constitutes a penalty, have a standard, if the refs sees this it's a flag. No wiggle room no individual bias on what the ref himself feels is flag worthy.

Another option is, just eliminate a lot of these stupid rules that clutter the rule book and go back to the basics. Like wedge formations on KR that nonsense. The NFLs attempt to make a semi violent sport safe has turned the the game into a roulette style flag fest.

If the refs were consistent on calls a lot of this bs with the refs wouldn't exist. That play to give the Jags the lead for example, if that's a fumble it needs to be a fumble for Brady, Mahomes, Rodgers, and etc. The problem with officiating is they pick and choose what a hold or a fumble is to them on a individual basis, there is no standard. Like if a player has contact with football whether it's a pinky or index finger and completes a throwing motion that's a incomplete pass, that's the standard. It can be the other way to were it's a fumble. You can go on and on with everything that constitutes a penalty, have a standard, if the refs sees this it's a flag. No wiggle room no individual bias on what the ref himself feels is flag worthy.

Another option is, just eliminate a lot of these stupid rules that clutter the rule book and go back to the basics. Like wedge formations on KR that nonsense. The NFLs attempt to make a semi violent sport safe has turned the the game into a roulette style flag fest.
Permanent refs and that being their only job may help.

The bright side is, if they’re not reffing part time, the NFL should be able to take action when they suck. We’ll have to see if that’s something that can happen.

Agree...I don't think fumbles have a forward trajectory when it's a throw/fumble like that

Lots of stupid rules that are open for discretion...some holds are called others aren't. The one that bothers me is when a player is down and the opposing players shoe inadvertently touches him...he's down by contact...bs

Lots of stupid rules that are open for discretion...some holds are called others aren't. The one that bothers me is when a player is down and the opposing players shoe inadvertently touches him...he's down by contact...bs

I will drag through those if they bring in a 3rd party to actually define what roughing the passer is, and make it reviewable.

Personally, I believe any 15 yard penalty should be reviewable. If you're oh so certain it happened, it should be an expedited review and over in seconds. This should light a fire under the refs to make certain they're calling what needs called, and not just guessing based off sideline or crowd emotions.

And also would put pressure on refs to get it right the first time, because then we're talking game time extending for number of calls.

I will drag through those if they bring in a 3rd party to actually define what roughing the passer is, and make it reviewable.

Personally, I believe any 15 yard penalty should be reviewable. If you're oh so certain it happened, it should be an expedited review and over in seconds. This should light a fire under the refs to make certain they're calling what needs called, and not just guessing based off sideline or crowd emotions.

And also would put pressure on refs to get it right the first time, because then we're talking game time extending for number of calls.
100% good with that. Also need to be able to review non calls compared to an earlier call from the same crew.

Another issue to overcome is the subjectivity of some penalties. It’s not black and white written for enforcement

My personal penalty change would be the DB contact or hold being an auto first. It’s 5 yards but should be replay of down.

That's another beef is when there is no call until the players start whining...then the flag comes out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back