Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fumble was very close.

I think the situation has been called incomplete before but also called fumble.

Looks to me that his arm was at the crescent point of pulling back and moving it forward. Not sure he had control, but definitely had the ball in his hand as he chit it forward,

Sucks the titans D had that game won I think but the offense did so poorly that they gave it away to the Jax D.

The garbage team we cheer for, especially the incompetent OC is what decided the game, not the refs.
we are talking about a garbage call by the refs...

you want to blame the mexican ol then go ahead... but the refs called that pass a fumble... ZERO chance its a fumble if its a rogers/mahomes/brady pass

we are talking about a garbage call by the refs...

you want to blame the mexican ol then go ahead... but the refs called that pass a fumble... ZERO chance its a fumble if its a rogers/mahomes/brady pass
I agree with that. If one of the media darling QBs were the QB there, it’s called incomplete.

No matter what, if many other QB/team was involved, this play would be on constant replay for the next week or longer. Because it’s Dobbs/Titans, we’ve probably heard the end of it at least from a “controversial” standpoint.

Jags YT channel puts up a video titled "we run the south"

Rofl child please

16 weeks of losing division, 1 week of having it handed to you vs PS QB picked up 2 weeks ago

But you run the division, got it

I guess you could argue he still had possession of the ball with his finger tips. But it clearly moved from his palm and he kind of pushed it with his fingers forward. Fumble every time imo.

View attachment 20397
View attachment 20398
I just hate how the commentators say "it's the right thing to just call it a fumble and let it play out". Calls only get overturned if the evidence is IRREFUTABLE. Most of the time it just stands. So no, don't just call it a fumble.

I just hate how the commentators say "it's the right thing to just call it a fumble and let it play out". Calls only get overturned if the evidence is IRREFUTABLE. Most of the time it just stands. So no, don't just call it a fumble.
Yeah I'm not a big fan of just letting it play out incase it is a fumble. Here it was the right call but I'd you think it's incomplete you gotta call it dead.

I agree with that. If one of the media darling QBs were the QB there, it’s called incomplete.

No matter what, if many other QB/team was involved, this play would be on constant replay for the next week or longer. Because it’s Dobbs/Titans, we’ve probably heard the end of it at least from a “controversial” standpoint.
While I somewhat agree with the perspective that the media darling get a lot more attention in such things ... By rule, the ball was out of his hand and he pushed it forward. Mistake by Dobbs not seeing the pressure coming.

Overall....I think Dobbs did a hell of a job in his 2 starts. Much better than Willis will ever be from what we have seen of him.

I honestly can't say that Tannehill would have faired any better under the circumstances..so I really give it to Dobbs for coming in and giving his all.

It would have been a Cinderella story for Dobbs to come in and get to the playoffs under the circumstances. Half the team is on IR. I dont even know who was playing on the OLine. The odds have been stacked against the Titans for most of the season...last year they overcame the odds...this year is what last year should have been.

I guess you could argue he still had possession of the ball with his finger tips. But it clearly moved from his palm and he kind of pushed it with his fingers forward. Fumble every time imo.

View attachment 20397
View attachment 20398

By rule, it was definitely a fumble. The ball popped went forward 10 yards because of the way Dobbs got hit. But let’s be for real, if it were Maholmes, Allen, or Brady, that play would have been whistled dead. I mean, ask yourself what’s more exciting for other NFL fans, watching Jacksonville continue to be the Cinderella story on their loud home turf and Trevor Lawrence in the playoffs or Josh Dobbs in the playoffs.

To me, it was pretty clear that it was a fumble even in real time. He "pushed" it forward. The right thing to do is call it a fumble and then review it because it can be overturned. If you call it a pass, it stand as a pass no matter what.

By rule, it was definitely a fumble. The ball popped went forward 10 yards because of the way Dobbs got hit. But let’s be for real, if it were Maholmes, Allen, or Brady, that play would have been whistled dead. I mean, ask yourself what’s more exciting for other NFL fans, watching Jacksonville continue to be the Cinderella story on their loud home turf and Trevor Lawrence in the playoffs or Josh Dobbs in the playoffs.
Again, I agree that the top QBs probably get a little more cushion on such calls.

But, I think Dobbs and the Titans making the playoffs would be a bigger story line. Coming off a big losing streak to win the division with a QB that has been around for 2 weeks is compelling vs a team that was on a hot streak, imo.

Again, I agree that the top QBs probably get a little more cushion on such calls.

But, I think Dobbs and the Titans making the playoffs would be a bigger story line. Coming off a big losing streak to win the division with a QB that has been around for 2 weeks is compelling vs a team that was on a hot streak, imo.
We were on a hot mess streak.

While I somewhat agree with the perspective that the media darling get a lot more attention in such things ... By rule, the ball was out of his hand and he pushed it forward. Mistake by Dobbs not seeing the pressure coming.

Overall....I think Dobbs did a hell of a job in his 2 starts. Much better than Willis will ever be from what we have seen of him.

I honestly can't say that Tannehill would have faired any better under the circumstances..so I really give it to Dobbs for coming in and giving his all.
dude was unblocked and hit dobbs from behind

just sayin'

Prediction:
Franchise commits to Vrabel. Vrabel gets better offer in February and bails. We have no Gm and no coaching staff and no roster. Titans go into purgatory again. This Titans fan finally converts to Cowboys fan after 17 years of living in DFW.

You wouldn't DARE!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back