Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were the best team in the NFL through 18 weeks last year. Unfortunately, our QB decided to have the worst game of his career in the playoffs. A game we probably should have still won despite his terrible play. So I don't get the notion of that we are closing our championship window. We could have easily been playing in the SB if Tanne was just a little less terrible.

The 2020 and 2021 drafts were certainly head scratchers, with 3 of our 1st and 2nd round picks looking like complete busts. There is still time for Farley and Radunz to turn into something, but the fact remains that we have gotten less than 200 snaps total from Wilson, Farley, and Radunz. That's 3 top 53 picks who we have gotten very little contribution from, and even the little contribution they have given hasn't been great. Also, trading up in the 4th round for Fitzpatrick was widely panned at the time and turned out to be a supremely terrible pick who didn't even make the roster to start last season and was waived prior to this season. And it looks even worse knowing that Amon-Ra St. Brown was all of our preferred choice and he looks the part of a stud for Detroit.

Luckily, Jrob has made up for those terrible picks with a few great picks in those same drafts. Fulton and Molden look like studs in their own right. And while it's been 1 game, Weaver was pretty dominant last week and looks the part of a very good pass rusher. Monty Rice seems like a nice rotational player. Even 7th rounder JC Jackson was productive as a reserve player last year.

2022 draftees are looking the part so far as well. McCreary and Petit already won starting roles. Burks and Phillips were our leading receivers this week.
Don’t forget that 2020 actually gave us 4 starters/HQ backups. Fulton, NWI, Teair Tart and Brewer. JRob crushed UDFA that year.

Appropriate place for this, 2022 titans already made the series “dumb decisions”.

It is unbelievable how dead on accurate this video is calling out EXACTLY what we all said.

Couple numbers brought up, before that carry, Henry 20 carries, zero negative yard rushes.
Over the previous 3 seasons, Henry n 3/4 and 1, reached First down 31/40 times
Previous times Vrabel called TE handoff, both were 3rd and 1 and absolutely stuffed.

Possibly the dumbest play call Vrabel has ever allowed and likely cost the game.

Can't argue with any of that...Henry should get the ball on most if not all 3 and 1 and 4 and 1s...Vrabel needs to stop trying to get cute, it bites him in the ass more times than not

Tanny was horrible in the Bengals loss and not much better the previous playoff loss.

Ryan Tannehill Playoff Stats | StatMuse

But you go on and allow your Downing hate to alter reality.
So a 98.5 and 83 rating under Art and it drops to 66.7 under Downing, and it’s “Downing Hate?” Maybe you need to learn how to observe football and numbers both. Anyone who has watched this team could tell the offense took a major downturn starting week 1 last season and has been flat ever since. That’s the reality. It started out I was the only one criticizing Downing, now the entire fan base is. Maybe eventually you’ll figure out I know what I’m talking about.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to put all the blame on the playcaller when the QB throws 3 picks.
Bad play calling and play design leads to picks. And they certainly did in that game. In order for that WR screen to work, Tannehill had to make the throw immediately. That was the play design. But like most of Downing’s “special plays” it was poorly designed and poorly timed during the game and it failed like they all do.

Tannehill still needs to execute whether the playcalling is poor or not
There is nothing to execute most plays. If you go to the games, you can see he rarely has a receiver open, but when he does, he’s accurate with the football. I love how everyone loved Tannehill under Art, then we get a new dunce coordinator that not only destroyed Tannehill, but the entire offense and now suddenly Tannehill can’t play. Get real. The proof is in the pudding.

Downing is straight trash. But as long as Vrabel keeps him around and doesn't address it, completely on Vrabel. Head coach gets the loss on his record, not the OC.

There is nothing to execute most plays. If you go to the games, you can see he rarely has a receiver open, but when he does, he’s accurate with the football. I love how everyone loved Tannehill under Art, then we get a new dunce coordinator that not only destroyed Tannehill, but the entire offense and now suddenly Tannehill can’t play. Get real. The proof is in the pudding.
Art is a football Genius , never forget!

I'm not saying Tannehill can't play...but some part of throwing 3 INTs in a playoff game has to be on the QB...throwing a pick is not executing

So a 98.5 and 83 rating under Art and it drops to 66.7 under Downing, and it’s “Downing Hate?” Maybe you need to learn how to observe football and numbers both. Anyone who has watched this team could tell the offense took a major downturn starting week 1 last season and has been flat ever since. That’s the reality. It started out I was the only one criticizing Downing, now the entire fan base is. Maybe eventually you’ll figure out I know what I’m talking about.
It has started out with the last 2 exhibition seasons being giant ZEROS for the players that are on the team

2 years in a row vrable has sacraficed the opening game by doing exactly sh1t during exhibition season

and exactly NOBODY was happy with downing... some were willing to see how it goes cause honestly there was no other choice

So a 98.5 and 83 rating under Art and it drops to 66.7 under Downing, and it’s “Downing Hate?” Maybe you need to learn how to observe football and numbers both.
To blame Downing for Tanny’s pathetic play in the Bengals loss is a joke. Even Tanny admitted it was his fault to his own defense and had therapy to help deal with it.

Tanny sucked because Tanny sucked.

Downing is the Michael Griffin/Andre Woolfolk of OCs. I'm sure he's a great guy, but it's time to move him to another position, preferably on a different team.

When I saw 3 tight ends and Cody Hollister as the only wr on the field and we run Henry, why would anybody be shocked he got stuffed? To run the ball you have to spread them out not lineup like that. Spread them out make them play nickel and then run the ball. Downing has no feel for play calling and is way to predictable by his fronts. I would drather have Josh Gordon out there than Cody Hollister

To blame Downing for Tanny’s pathetic play in the Bengals loss is a joke. Even Tanny admitted it was his fault to his own defense and had therapy to help deal with it.

Tanny sucked because Tanny sucked.
THill threw 3 so without specifying, I agree THill shat the bed.

BUT INT #2 was an awful play call with a good Defensive play. That screen play had no business being called, even more, a pass play had no business being called.

INT 1/3 are solely THill

THill threw 3 so without specifying, I agree THill shat the bed.

BUT INT #2 was an awful play call with a good Defensive play. That screen play had no business being called, even more, a pass play had no business being called.

INT 1/3 are solely THill
The fact that it was the same play that nearly got picked previously, couldn't Tannehill change things up? Or is it just other QBs that can change the play at the line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back