Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we take a Guard in the 1st knowing our need for EDGE and END,I will probably chuck my remote through the TV...

Also, Vaccaro is a liability. He was a serviceable branch upgrade after Cyprien, and thank him for what we got out of him - but he's got to go.

-- I would like Holland in the 1st and get your pass rusher in the 2nd.

They aren’t taking a guard in the 1st round.

Any chance humphries retires? Would that take his entire salary off the cap if he does?

He probably should. He's had multiple concussions over the years.

But he's still affective when healthy. So I doubt he does. Probably goes back to Tampa so he can play with Brady like he almost did a couple years ago.

We need the money and you can always get Guards. Money is better spent where it is not so easy to get a good player in FA or with a low first round pick.

And there is a reason Butler was the most targeted DB in the NFL. QBs loved to pick on him, and you think he is worth all that money?

Butler had his best overall year as a Titan according to PFF, and was the number rated CB in the league for a 5 week period in Oct/Nov.

The Titans secondary was probably targeted a lot as a whole because our pass rush was so weak.

JRob can't just look at a rusty Adoree who might be far from 100%. Anyway, his contract is guaranteed. No savings to release him.

Same for Butler. He had a solid season but how about his first with the Titans? Very mediocre and many here questioned the signing. He was playing much better last year before the injury but nothing like this season.

Point being, I think you have to look at the big picture. +$10.2M to the cap is quite a savings unless the Titans think they'll get the same production next season they did this year from him.

I thought we could cut Adoree before FA and save like 80-90%? I seem to remember that being a possibility with Conklin and us wondering why we didn't pick up the option if that was the case.

I thought we could cut Adoree before FA and save like 80-90%? I seem to remember that being a possibility with Conklin and us wondering why we didn't pick up the option if that was the case.

We can cut him and save 100%. There is no cap hit cutting him. I just doubt we do it.

Again... our secondary was asked to do something NO secondary ever in history can do. We had the worst pass rush in the history of the NFL. Your pass rush makes or breaks your secondary. If you give QBs 4 plus seconds to throw no secondary can cover for that long. NONE.

Brother i dont disagree with you and I've seen you fight with way to many people on here recently to even get involved lol, trust me i know how sorry our pass rush is, its horrawful

Conklin 2016
Warmack 2013
Matthews 1983
Munchak. 1982

I would say the tradition is pretty good when needed. Warmack does have a SB ring.

We aren’t taking a guard.

Ah good old draft bust Chance Warmack who rode the bench with the Eagles to get his superbowl ring.

Fun fact about him, he was the first NFL player to collect on a loss of value insurance policy because he could not get a big second contract.

Ah good old draft bust Chance Warmack who rode the bench with the Eagles to get his superbowl ring.

Fun fact about him, he was the first NFL player to collect on a loss of value insurance policy because he could not get a big second contract.
Explains his high motor...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back