Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think with Adoree it depends on his health. Clearly he was never 100% this year. I think we made that mistake with Conklin and let him go just as he was getting all the way back. Adoree is not a big int guy, but he is adept at breaking up passes - when 100%. They may decide he just flat gets hurt too much. He has more gray areas than the others to me.
I agree, when adoree is healthy he's solid. But he's often hurt and idk if "solid" is enough for his next contract he's probably gonna want. It was hard to watch him the last couple weeks getting toasted

I agree, when adoree is healthy he's solid. But he's often hurt and idk if "solid" is enough for his next contract he's probably gonna want. It was hard to watch him the last couple weeks getting toasted

Again... our secondary was asked to do something NO secondary ever in history can do. We had the worst pass rush in the history of the NFL. Your pass rush makes or breaks your secondary. If you give QBs 4 plus seconds to throw no secondary can cover for that long. NONE.

I could see butler taking a restructured deal. The guy was ecstatic on a team taking a chance on him remember especially when the pats cut him loose. He's by far not our weakest link on defence and he's not scared to get in on the big tackles. The boys fearless.

Hump should be cut just for the savings alone, saffold I can't see. Byard however, o byard I have his alternative Jersey and he jus didnt excel this year more annoyingly just getting his extension. I am more compelled on putting his standard of play on definsive play calling than his effort as every player on our D struggled because of that and lack of pass rush.

Except on that 1 flea flicker play against Houston he got caught out massively, should've seen cooks was running a route and not blocking.

Again... our secondary was asked to do something NO secondary ever in history can do. We had the worst pass rush in the history of the NFL. Your pass rush makes or breaks your secondary. If you give QBs 4 plus seconds to throw no secondary can cover for that long. NONE.
We didn't even have the worst pass rush this season let alone in the history of the nfl. Relax

I could see butler taking a restructured deal. The guy was ecstatic on a team taking a chance on him remember especially when the pats cut him loose. He's by far not our weakest link on defence and he's not scared to get in on the big tackles. The boys fearless.
Yep and when our next best option (Adoree) is afraid to tackle anyone or anything, it is nice to have one DB willing to hit someone.

Young players don’t get cut after one off year unless there are serious extenuating circumstances. So, it would be very surprising to see a guy like Byard cut this year. Vacarro is more at risk I would think.

Byard better play next year or he is way over paid! Same with Adoree, I wish we could have seen Fulton more, I think he will be very good for us down the road.

Young players don’t get cut after one off year unless there are serious extenuating circumstances. So, it would be very surprising to see a guy like Byard cut this year. Vacarro is more at risk I would think.

Vaccaro can be replaced fairly easily. Byard isn’t going anywhere

I am withholding blame on any D player until we have a DC and puts them in a proper scheme to take advantage of what they can or cannot do. Byard has been too good up until this season to think he just fell off a cliff all of a sudden. He is still a young player and having the proper coaching is necessary. I dont believe for a second that it is because he got paid. Didnt they work out his extention around the beginning of last season? He played well last season, just not this season.

edit. just looked it up and yes he was extended July of 2019, so he played the 2019-20 season with a signed contract. He didnt fall off until 20-21 without a real DC.

The Titans had a DC who wasn't called a DC. If he had been given the title, nothing changes because this defense is Vrabels.

I honestly don't think we'll see many changes as long as Vrabel is the HC.

The Titans had a DC who wasn't called a DC. If he had been given the title, nothing changes because this defense is Vrabels.

I honestly don't think we'll see many changes as long as Vrabel is the HC.
I only disagree because with the title he would also be held accountable for the terrible play. Without the title, it seems no one was really held accountable for the bad play.

Roget Saffold (We can always get a guard in the first round)

If we take a Guard in the 1st knowing our need for EDGE and END,I will probably chuck my remote through the TV...

Also, Vaccaro is a liability. He was a serviceable branch upgrade after Cyprien, and thank him for what we got out of him - but he's got to go.

-- I would like Holland in the 1st and get your pass rusher in the 2nd.

No way we mess with such a solid O-line. All five starters are back and I wouldn’t be surprised if we resign Sambrailo.
Hooker is ready to replace Vacarro IMO.
Adoree has trade value and I think will be moved.
Butler and Fulton start unless we bring in a FA CB.
Evans hasn’t played up to his draft status, I honestly could see us moving him as part of a defensive rebuild.
The front 7 could all be replaced honestly, except maybe Simons and Landry.

Based on the reports someone has already been interviewed for DC, I’m hoping that’s already been decided.

The bigger issue is whether Vrabel lets the DC do their job.
If he hires one of his boys and someone that really isn't expected to be hired as a DC, then I think we have our answer that he was not held accountable at all.
If he makes a smart business decision, hires someone who is at least competitive for Coordinator jobs, then I'd be more inclined to think he was held to some accountability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back