Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe. Keep in mind that there was limited training camp and no preseason. Defenses around the league were horrible, so I held out some hope the defense could at least be average. Never happened.

A average defense is really all this team needed

Sure but they were bad last year too. Just managed to buckle down in the red zone. I don’t fault people for holding out hope but I was told to root for another team and that I was overreacting. So it’s just funny now yo see those same people complaining.

Sure but they were bad last year too. Just managed to buckle down in the red zone. I don’t fault people for holding out hope but I was told to root for another team and that I was overreacting. So it’s just funny now yo see those same people complaining.
Sometimes the stupidity in here is overwhelming. Anyone who didn’t see how bad this defense was early on was in denial

I agree, those same people like to call people fake fans.

You do realize we have been playing a 4-3 defense for most of the year right.....
4 down lineman anyway (since Clowney has been out we use Crawford as the strong side DE and he sucks). We occasionally go with a 5 man front but more in running situations. Actually I thought our best chance was rushing 5 all game but mixing up who those 5 were. So give a 5 man front look but drop an edge guy back in coverage occasionally and bring a S or inside LB. The few times we did get pressure Rogers wasn't very effective.

It really ticks me off when we can't get off the field on defense. IMO we might as well throw caution to the wind and hope we can stop a drive or get a turnover. We put a tremendous amount of pressure on our offense to literally score every drive.

I think the weather conditions really magnified our issues. It was like Butler and Adoree had the wrong shoes on or something. The scenario last year was similar but when we got Adoree back it really helped. Not so much this year so far and although I like King some he has the same issue with being slow which showed up for Logan Ryan. Obviously we haven't had anything from Fulton so far which also hurts. Injuries have been an issue in the secondary.

I think the weather conditions really magnified our issues. It was like Butler and Adoree had the wrong shoes on or something. The scenario last year was similar but when we got Adoree back it really helped. Not so much this year so far and although I like King some he has the same issue with being slow which showed up for Logan Ryan. Obviously we haven't had anything from Fulton so far which also hurts. Injuries have been an issue in the secondary.

Gonna have to play in bad weather in January football. It’s an excuse. These guys are football players just like the packers guys are. Step up and make plays. Lord knows they get paid enough.

There is a reason why the packers want home field advantage and it was showcased tonight. Our players looked like they were stuck in mud and the packers were flying. Now I’m not saying we win this game on a cold clear night, however we def wouldn’t be held to 14 points

Yeah, elite team my azz. Can’t be an elite team when one side of the team is one of the best and the other side is one of the worst, if not the worst.

A lot of people on here were saying a snow game was a benefit for the Titans. Now it’s one of the reasons we lost? Lol

Those people were wrong. It was definitely a factor. Not saying we win with different weather, but it would be a different type of game. We played timidly because of the weather.

Yeah, elite team my azz. Can’t be an elite team when one side of the team is one of the best and the other side is one of the worst, if not the worst.

Very true. We are not elite. We are a good solid team that can beat most teams in the league and will more often than not. But teams with elite offenses will give us a lot of trouble because our defense is so bad. Can we beat teams like the Packers and Chiefs? Sure, maybe 1 or 2 times out of 10. We are in the good team category, not great or elite.

We would have lost regardless the way we played tonight but are we really that bad in snow games? I remember losing 59-0 one time...

A lot of people on here were saying a snow game was a benefit for the Titans. Now it’s one of the reasons we lost? Lol
I think from a theoretical stand point the weather should have helped. Thinking snow and wind would slow down Rodgers and force the ball into Henry's hand BUT some of us expected a shootout (basically a lack of defense in the weather), I was right about half the game's defense, GB's still showed up to play.

I know it wasn't the difference in the game and just one more reason why a blowout sucks, those refs and the terrible calls will never be brought up again.

Making up an offsides and not seeing the out of bounds run should be fire-able offenses if not a fine to the refs.
No excuse to miss the OOB run where he was positioned and considering that was his job for that play and the offsides was literally just made up. No one was offsides on what should have been a blocked FG with a huge return.

This is all aside from the extremely questionable "roughing" call early in the game. At least that is subjective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back