Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope something is worked out long term though.

If anyone on this team deserves to get paid its definitely Henry. I know he is seeking a deal closer to Zeke, hopefully he comes down from that. RBs, just aren't valued as such in today's NFL, but he is owed a long term arrangement in my book. Hopefully the team doesn't mess this up because this has the potential to be very bad and very disruptive.

Rams want out from Gurley
Cards got out from DJ
Jets want out from Bell
Falcons got out from Freeman

Every team that paid their RB big money is regretting it. JRob is being smart.

Rams want out from Gurley
Cards got out from DJ
Jets want out from Bell
Falcons got out from Freeman

Every team that paid their RB big money is regretting it. JRob is being smart.
Have said this since day one and still get
Bashed for taking this stance. Running backs aren’t as durable as they once were and the NFL knows it’s not that hard to replace them now.

Have said this since day one and still get
Bashed for taking this stance. Running backs aren’t as durable as they once were and the NFL knows it’s not that hard to replace them now.

Except....Derrick Freaking Henry.....

media

With Henry it's not about durability as much as he needs to improve his pass catching to be in the same group as Zeke, Gurley and Bell

With Henry it's not about durability as much as he needs to improve his pass catching to be in the same group as Zeke, Gurley and Bell
Since you made that statement, can you show us with numbers? How many times was Henry targeted and how many catches and how many drops, compared to the others.

Since you made that statement, can you show us with numbers? How many times was Henry targeted and how many catches and how many drops, compared to the others.
He had at least 2 drops last yr

But this idea hes not a capable receiver out of the backfield is silly

Just dont ask him to line up in the slot like other RBs sometimes do and hes more than good at catching RB routes

24 targets, 18 receptions, 2 tds.

what is that? 75%

wow, that is terrible. How could we possibly want a RB that only catches 75% of the passes thrown to him. Lets remove that franchise tag.

what is that? 75%

wow, that is terrible. How could we possibly want a RB that only catches 75% of the passes thrown to him. Lets remove that franchise tag.

The point is volume not percentage. You want a third down back who can spread wide in certain formations—DH can’t do that. He is not a significant part of our passing game.

what is that? 75%

Way to miss all the other points...

Maybe we should throw to him less, I'm sure his % would go up and you could blow a nut about it

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear BDH,
Please notice what is happening to all the highly paid RBs around the league. We urge you to strongly consider taking a deal for reasonable money that will make you a Titan for a long time.
Love,
Everyone

I do not like how we take him off the field always on third and long. 1. he catches the ball just fine and in fact he is capable of taking it to the house from anywhere. 2. It gets the big fellow out into space, when we throw to him, and lets him get a head of steam and he is even harder to tackle. 3. When he is not in the game the defense knows to blitz because the pass is coming.

I would love to see Henry take a 3 year 30 million deal and move on

I do not like how we take him off the field always on third and long. 1. he catches the ball just fine and in fact he is capable of taking it to the house from anywhere. 2. It gets the big fellow out into space, when we throw to him, and lets him get a head of steam and he is even harder to tackle. 3. When he is not in the game the defense knows to blitz because the pass is coming.

I would love to see Henry take a 3 year 30 million deal and move on

I'm pretty sure Henry and his agent would laugh at that offer, depending on how much is guaranteed.

Take a look at the going rated for RB. Wouldn't and should not give any deal that is more than franchise number to any RB.

I agree...but he won’t take it. Someone will give him close to Zeke money and he would be dumb to sign for less. So we franchise him and he has to wait for his pay day.

This is a great RB draft class. Try to get a deal done for around 11m/yr before the draft and if he wont take it, draft one of Akers or Dobbins in round 2 and we have our RB for the next 4 years.

Re-watched the 1st half of the Chiefs game today and I have to say that Arthur Smith designed some great plays. IMO this offense is pretty darn close to being elite. I really hope we can get a 3 yr deal done with Henry and sign Jonnu this offseason as well...Being elite on one side of the ball or the other is important to be a SB contender year in and year out.....I think we are close to being that on offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back