Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
N.F.L.: ROUNDUP -- TENNESSEE; George Signs Contract Extension

Signed a big contract in 2000. Never averaged 4.0 YPC again.

Johnson, Titans agree on four-year, $53.5M contract extension

Signed a big contract in 2011. Averaged 400 yards fewer in his three years here than his first three. Never had double-digit TDs again.

TBD.

Frankly, the Titans should learn from their past mistakes.
Those guys were ran into the ground, Henry just had his first 300 carry season this past year. I think he will age a little bit better due to not having the work load in the first three years

If memory serves me correctly, the mistake where EG was concerned wasn't signing him to the big contract, but was in fact letting go of Lorenzo Neal along with a change in offensive focus. LN went on to block for LaDainian Tomlinson. The year he signed with the Chargers (2003) LT went from 4.5 to 5.3 YPC. After LN left Tennessee, the Titans had Mike Green as their listed FB, a seventh round draft pick who spent a total of 2 years in the league. I also seem to recall that blocking duties were kind of by committee using TEs to block. The offense changed under Dinger, becoming more of an air attack.
Henry has been more productive each year he's been here. Until we see a drop-off, I don't think he should be compared to anyone. Last year he was one game from the Super Bowl after a 4-6 start. I think all of the returning players are going to come back focused knowing how close they got.

If memory serves me correctly, the mistake where EG was concerned wasn't signing him to the big contract, but was in fact letting go of Lorenzo Neal along with a change in offensive focus. LN went on to block for LaDainian Tomlinson. The year he signed with the Chargers (2003) LT went from 4.5 to 5.3 YPC. After LN left Tennessee, the Titans had Mike Green as their listed FB, a seventh round draft pick who spent a total of 2 years in the league. I also seem to recall that blocking duties were kind of by committee using TEs to block. The offense changed under Dinger, becoming more of an air attack.
Henry has been more productive each year he's been here. Until we see a drop-off, I don't think he should be compared to anyone. Last year he was one game from the Super Bowl after a 4-6 start. I think all of the returning players are going to come back focused knowing how close they got.
That’s a lot of words to say we paid a guy as one of the highest paid at his position who was either 1) run into the ground, or 2) totally and 100% dependent on one player for his success.

I’ll go ahead and choose 1, since Neal was only here for two seasons. George was fine before he got here.

Frankly, the Titans should learn from their past mistakes.

GTFOH with that garbage. How dare you sully Eddies good name!

2000 1509 rushing yards - 16 TDs
2001 939 rushing yards - 5 TDs
2002 1165 rushing yards - 14 TDs
2003 1031 rushing yards - 5 TDs

Dude averaged around 1400 scrimmage yards a season and 10 TDs on his second contract and you think the Titans should “learn from their mistake”?!

EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!

GTFOH

Dude averaged around 1400 scrimmage yards a season and 10 TDs on his second contract and you think the Titans should “learn from their mistake”?!

EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!

GTFOH
Was gona say your math was off but you didn't put non rushing yards.

EDDIE! EDDIE! EDDIE!

GTFOH
Yeah. That’s great. Had nothing to do with Jeff Fisher’s blind loyalty and force feeding him the ball all year every year.

what kind of jagoff defends a starting RB that averaged less than 3.5 YPC for seasons at a time?

Yup, a supreme negotiating tool Henry just got. The argument JRob would have is that CMac has been very consistent in his play since day 1, as opposed to Henry blooming the past 2 seasons.

McCaffrey averages 1,814 scrimmage yards per season.
Henry averages 1,102 scrimmage yards per season.

McCaffreys deal proves that Henry should be getting around $13.5 - $14 million a year. Henry's agents can't be happy about this McCaffrey deal.

Wish we had gotten Henry's deal done before this. Probably just going to complicate the argument for both sides. While they play the same position, using CMC as a gauge of how to value Henry is a very flawed argument and not really relevant IMO.

CMC is a RB/WR that plays nearly 100% of snaps and is used all over the field.

Henry is likely the most effective true RB in the league, but only played around 63% of the offensive snaps in 2019 even though he was the full time starter. Meaning you have to have invest in another guy, not just to be his backup, but to actually play meaningful snaps in situations that Henry just doesn't fit.

McCaffrey averages 1,814 scrimmage yards per season.
Henry averages 1,102 scrimmage yards per season.

McCaffreys deal proves that Henry should be getting around $13.5 - $14 million a year. Henry's agents can't be happy about this McCaffrey deal.
I agree with this stance

CMC is basically a WR and RB, 2 players in one.

I don’t at all deny that CMC is a Swiss Army knife and worth every penny, but it doesn’t change that style or not, Henry is our identity on offense...and we make no bones about it. Add in that the guy won RB of the year and ran for 180+ 3 games in a row into the playoffs makes a big case for him.

Henry should float in the 13-14 range now, very doable.

well over half of McCaffrey deal is guaranteed also is the only player in history to have 2500 rushing and receiving In first three years. Def helps our case

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back