Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Truthfully, Downing’s body of work as OC is too small to make an adequate judgement. One good year, one bad year. Regardless of why the regression occurred, we don’t really know all that much about how he will cal and make adjustments. Hopefully, he repeats all of the good Smith traits and improves on the weaker ones. I think we all pretty much feel we can make this work much easier than an internal defensive hire.

Wade phillips is an interesting name out there for DC
So is Schwartz and Greg Williams. We NEED to blitz more. We NEED more aggression. Nobody was scared of the Titans D.

Wade phillips is an interesting name out there for DC
So is Schwartz and Greg Williams. We NEED to blitz more. We NEED more aggression. Nobody was scared of the Titans D.
Greg Williams will never be here again. Doubtful on the other two as well. Both are good coaches, but don’t see it. I am not going to be a bit surprised to see Bowen made official. There have only been two coaches discussed Austin at DC and Hamilton at OC. I do not think it is a coincidence that both are black... and both th internal candidates are not. Call be cynical.

You do know that the Titans have the rushing champ 2 years running, right?
Of course they run the ball a lot on first down...because, for the most part, it works.

I have no problem with DH getting the ball.

The problem is that the disparity is too great in recent years and teams are starting to show that they will sell out completely on first down to stop Henry.

If teams shut Henry down on first down, the offense basically falls apart as they are forced into obvious passing situations, something that does not play into the o lines strength regardless of injuries. Getting that run/pass number even down to 60/40 on first down should open things up a bit and even help take some of the load off of Henry who is racking up carries at an fast rate.

Good examples of what happens when Henry is shut down on first down were the Browns, Packers, and the Ravens playoff game. Last season, the notable game would have been the Chiefs playoff game.

I would guess one reason he was hired is so the playbook doesn’t change. I think the key will be in-game adjustments next season. We were not consistent in that area on either side of the ball. We need to be better prepared when our battering ram approach gets slowed down.

That is my biggest concern. Clearly that was our biggest problem on offense in addition to lack of creativity. We have enough weapons on offense to be better.

Greg Williams will never be here again. Doubtful on the other two as well. Both are good coaches, but don’t see it. I am not going to be a bit surprised to see Bowen made official. There have only been two coaches discussed Austin at DC and Hamilton at OC. I do not think it is a coincidence that both are black... and both th internal candidates are not. Call be cynical.

You're probably right. Trying to fill the rooney rule. Smh

It’s no coincidence.

I agree with your belief that Bowen will be officially named DC as I have come to believe this is as well.

Having said, I’m betting someone will be brought in to assist Bowen (Crennel comes to mind as his contract ends in Feb.) as an assistant head coach

It’s no coincidence.

I agree with your belief that Bowen will be officially named DC as I have come to believe this is as well.

Having said, I’m betting someone will be brought in to assist Bowen (Crennel comes to mind as his contract ends in Feb.) as an assistant head coach
I think something like that is likely too. I think that’s was the thought on Pees and he found that uninteresting. If we were going full change at DC, Pees would have been brought back. For whatever reason, Vrabel appears to want to cultivate Bowen.

I like it. Some dummy fans were calling for Lincoln Riley like he was going to give up $7.5 mil a year to be an OC. And I don't really want some veteran OC that is going to change everything up to do it his way. We have the pieces. Continuity is important. ...and the year he was OC in Oakland was the year that Amari and Crabtree were hot garbage and dropped everything.

Now DC is a different story. We need a reboot.

You don't think we need a reboot or a tweak of this predictable offense? Our offense was what it was because we have the best RB in the league. It's no mystery that if you stop Henry the offense falls apart.

You don't think we need a reboot or a tweak of this predictable offense? Our offense was what it was because we have the best RB in the league. It's no mystery that if you stop Henry the offense falls apart.
It doesn’t have to though. We are more than capable at passing the ball. We just have to strategize better and make those crucial adjustments. Unfortunately, you can’t play the same card too often. You have to have new wrinkles, especially in the post season.

Mis-read his history. Only 1 season at OC. Raiders declined in points scored -72 points. Hopefully, extenuating circumstances and round two will be much better.

Tweak? Sure. Reboot? Absolutely not. We won our division and were driving to tie or win late in a playoff game with 30th ranked defense.

Bring some of our weapons back. Add a piece or two. Get Lewan back (our LT was a turnstile late season). Make some small adjustments. Otherwise focus on defense.

Hoping Downing "tweaks" what Art wasn't doing with Tannehill...he's worked with Stafford, I can see him letting Tannehill pass deep more.
AJ was hurting, Davis had some dropped balls.
We get Lewan back, hopefully Wilson has removed his head from his arse and we add a WR and TE to replace or resign Jonnu and CD.

Hoping Downing "tweaks" what Art wasn't doing with Tannehill...he's worked with Stafford, I can see him letting Tannehill pass deep more.
AJ was hurting, Davis had some dropped balls.
We get Lewan back, hopefully Wilson has removed his head from his arse and we add a WR and TE to replace or resign Jonnu and CD.
I really wonder if Wilson will ever see meaningful game time, or how short his leash will be next season.

I really wonder if Wilson will ever see meaningful game time, or how short his leash will be next season.
I hope so, can't be wasting 1st round picks, I know busts happen, but he needs to grow up...needs Lewan in his ear!

I think he gets TC to show that he wants to be a pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back