Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol Vrabel has produced 2 HC from his OC picks. I don’t think we need to overreact about one bad year calling plays for a dysfunctional franchise.

He was in the nfl 12 years before his he was oc lol. Is he magically ready in year 15?
I’m not sure he is ready now either. But he was not ready for sure in Raiderland. It was more on Del Rio than Downing as Jack fired a guy who was doing it right in Musgrave. Dumb move.

I'm side stepping facts? Youre the one ignoring that downing took a top 5 offence and made them a bottom 10 offence aand cost del Rio his job lol.

When the offense stinks next year what the excuse?

So now they were top 5? Lol. They weren’t top 5. I swear you guys make this crap up.

I gave you the number of reasons why they regressed. Carr was hurt and stunk that year after he broke his back. If you want to just ignore that and blame coaches then so be it. It usually isn’t just 1 thing. But whatever serves your agenda.

Titans have become an attractive spot for players and coaches. I mean, the last 2 OC's we've had have went on to be a HC.

I don't care what anyone says, we had our pick at a good DC and OC. Why we hired within baffles the hell out of me.

Our window of opportunity is open for us right now. We need to take full advantage of it and not waste it on Bowen and Downing. There's no doubt Vrabel had better candidates more qualified.

I guess Vrabel doesn't want anymore of his coordinators to be HC candidates and win a SB before he does.

Titans have become an attractive spot for players and coaches. I mean, the last 2 OC's we've had have went on to be a HC.

I don't care what anyone says, we had our pick at a good DC and OC. Why we hired within baffles the hell out of me.

Our window of opportunity is open for us right now. We need to take full advantage of it and not waste it on Bowen and Downing. There's no doubt Vrabel had better candidates more qualified.

I guess Vrabel doesn't want anymore of his coordinators to be HC candidates and win a SB before he does.

I guess next season we will find out.

Just remind me what the last OC was doing before he got promoted? I’ll get you copied and pasted your post from when we hired Arthur Smith into this thread all over again, huh?

Geez man at least give him a few games before you throw in the towel. Vrabel has clearly done a good job hiring OC’s. Let’s see what happens before jumping off the cliff.

You hire a hot name OC and he’s gone in a year again anyway.

It’s an underwhelming pick, but it isn’t a bad pick for OC. Vrabel could have done a lot worse in my opinion. The more I think of this, the more I tend to believe is that it is what Vrabel thought was the safe choice due to continuity probably being paramount.

The truth is we don’t know if it was a good pick or a bad pick. There is such a small body of work in extenuating circumstances that there is not enough information to really pass judgment on him.

It will be really hard for Downing and the Titans offense to put up numbers like it did this year....We all know that Tanny and Henry are due to regress a little because they both have been on such tremendous runs of exceptional play. Keeping continuity is important especially with an uncertain offseason...I’m totally fine with this promotion.

I just hope the new OC understands that taking Henry off the field on nearly every third down, tells the defense we are throwing the ball!

The titans OC should have been a very sought after job, when you consider that in the last 3 years, the last two are now Head Coaches of Packers and the Falcons.

It’s an underwhelming pick, but it isn’t a bad pick for OC. Vrabel could have done a lot worse in my opinion. The more I think of this, the more I tend to believe is that it is what Vrabel thought was the safe choice due to continuity probably being paramount.
Its interesting to see Vrabel make two safe, risk averse choices.

You'd think a guy who likes to take a lot of risky 4th down plays would maybe throw caution to the wind a bit more with his OC/DC selections.

I dont know about the OC (dont know about the DC either) but I feel like Vrabel just wants a total yes man as the DC. Vrabel considers himself the DC and doesnt realize he sucks ass as a DC

You'd think a guy who likes to take a lot of risky 4th down plays would maybe throw caution to the wind a bit more with his OC/DC selections.
I don’t see Bowen as risk averse. Keeping him was a huge risk.

Although he occasionally flips the script entirely and goes more conservative than Jeff Fisher. Note the 4th and 2 punt.
Sometimes it's inexplicable. I think Bowen falls into that category, not so much Downing, to me.

Why change a successful offense? Vrabel doesn't want to change anything and I can't say I blame him. He wants an OC who knows the scheme and personnel.

Same with his defense. It's 100% Vrabel's. Pees didn't come back because he didn't want to come out of retirement and not be in total control. Art gave him that opportunity.

Fair, and I agree. I commented somewhere else that Vrabels job comes into question in 12 months now, if the defence stays the same.
The O stays the same or improves with Downing, as it should.

If the D doesn't improve, Vrabel will be in the same situation as Mularkey, fire Bowen or youre done.

Like I've said Vrabel's ego will be the undoing of the D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back