Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
"After Pees committed to follow Arthur Smith to Atlanta, Mike Vrabel offered him a chance to return to Tennessee. However, the Titans sought Pees in a consultant-type role instead of a return to their DC post, Paul Kuharsky of PaulKuharsky.com reports."

It's funny because the website is called "Pro Football Rumors" but I'll give PK credit. He's a reliable source. That said, we made an offer AFTER he agreed to go to Atlanta. That's like breaking up with your girl then hitting her up after she starts dating someone else. What I said all along was we should of brought him back LAST YEAR. Mid season. After things post Pees clearly weren't working. Then reports actually came out saying he wanted to come back last year. We should of pulled the trigger then.

PK also says we offered him a consultant role, which if Pees wants the full DC position, only plays to the Vrabel is stubborn rhetoric.

Go ahead and read this article if you think Vrabel is some kind of defensive dictator.

Should Mike Vrabel get more credit for the Titans offensive improvement? - Broadway Sports Media
Good read. Interesting. Maybe we finally have the chicken-or-the-egg answer to Belichick>Brady.

Obviously he tries to coach the offense and ST. He's the HC. Let's be clear tho, Vrabel is no Belichick. I never thought he would interfere with Pees, but I think letting him walk when our competitive window is open, not bringing Pees back, and not hiring a DC last year, is a strong indication that Vrabel wants to put his fingerprints on the D. Now finally promoting Bowen without even interviewing other options (outside of the Rooney requirement), pretty much confirms it. This is going to be his D. It's like Jerry Jones refusing to hire a good GM because he wants the credit. It feels like that.

"After Pees committed to follow Arthur Smith to Atlanta, Mike Vrabel offered him a chance to return to Tennessee. However, the Titans sought Pees in a consultant-type role instead of a return to their DC post, Paul Kuharsky of PaulKuharsky.com reports."

It's funny because the website is called "Pro Football Rumors" but I'll give PK credit. He's a reliable source. That said, we made an offer AFTER he agreed to go to Atlanta. That's like breaking up with your girl then hitting her up after she starts dating someone else. What I said all along was we should of brought him back LAST YEAR. Mid season. After things post Pees clearly weren't working. Then reports actually came out saying he wanted to come back last year. We should of pulled the trigger then.

PK also says we offered him a consultant role, which if Pees wants the full DC position, only plays to the Vrabel is stubborn rhetoric.

If Pees wanted the full DC he shouldn’t have retired.... I mean cmon man. He put himself in that spot.

"After Pees committed to follow Arthur Smith to Atlanta, Mike Vrabel offered him a chance to return to Tennessee."

Vrabel offers him a consultant role after he commits to Atlanta as DC? No wonder Pees said no

Pees retired and left the team. If he wanted it that badly (DC job) he wouldn’t have retired.

Pees retired and left the team. If he wanted it that badly (DC job) he wouldn’t have retired.
Yeah because people don't miss it and rethink retirement lol

There were rumors he wanted back involved was the point. Vrabel said he didn't want to ask him to unretire a 2nd time...until he committed to Atlanta then he was ok asking him to?

Yeah because people don't miss it and rethink retirement lol

There were rumors he wanted back involved was the point. Vrabel said he didn't want to ask him to unretire a 2nd time...until he committed to Atlanta then he was ok asking him to?

So we should’ve just let him Brett Farve us?

Nah. We shoulda just promoted Shane Bowen and stuck our tongue out at Pees. Having one of the worst defenses in the league next season is going to really show that guy who knows their stuff!

Defense wasn’t great under Pees either... Titans were better on 3rd down that’s about it.

Defense wasn’t great under Pees either... Titans were better on 3rd down that’s about it.
Take it for what it's worth:

2019 / 2020

Pts allowed - 331 / 439

Total yards - 6028 / 6372

Passing yds - 4356 / 4439

rushing yds - 1672 / 1933

Sacks - 43 / 25

3rd down - 74/204 - 36.28% / 111/214 - 51.87%

4th down - 16/25 - 40% / 15/26 - 57.67%

Takeaway - 8 INT/ 8 FR / 7 INT/ 8 FR

2019 was better all the way around even if not great.

Take it for what it's worth:

2019 / 2020

Pts allowed - 331 / 439

Total yards - 6028 / 6372

Passing yds - 4356 / 4439

rushing yds - 1672 / 1933

Sacks - 43 / 25

3rd down - 74/204 - 36.28% / 111/214 - 51.87%

4th down - 16/25 - 40% / 15/26 - 57.67%

Takeaway - 8 INT/ 8 FR / 7 INT/ 8 FR

2019 was better all the way around even if not great.

Look at the numbers after Tannehill took over. I posted the stats on here already.

Here they are again:

Since Tannehill took over as QB the Titans defense has looked very similar year over year:

2019 (starting week 7):
24 PPG allowed
381 YPG allowed
277 passing yards PG
104 rush yards PG

2020:
27 PPG allowed
396 YPG allowed
228 passing yards PG
168 rush yards PG

Here they are again:

Since Tannehill took over as QB the Titans defense has looked very similar year over year:

2019 (starting week 7):
24 PPG allowed
381 YPG allowed
277 passing yards PG
104 rush yards PG

2020:
27 PPG allowed
396 YPG allowed
228 passing yards PG
168 rush yards PG
So we should get rid of THill to improve the Defense?

What are you talking about?
I guess that's what I'm asking you.

You said that the D in 2019 played just about on par with 2020 after THill took over.
Either that's an arbitrary week (7) to break the 2019 season into two pieces to better suit your argument that 2020 and 2019 were the same level of bad OR you are making the connection that because THill took over, the D got worse.

I guess that's what I'm asking you.

You said that the D in 2019 played just about on par with 2020 after THill took over.
Either that's an arbitrary week (7) to break the 2019 season into two pieces to better suit your argument that 2020 and 2019 were the same level of bad OR you are making the connection that because THill took over, the D got worse.

No one is saying the defense got worse BECAUSE Tannehill took over. You read things that aren’t even there. The defense got worse when Tannehill took over though. The reasons are pretty obvious when you step back and look at it.

I’m sure you’ll just keep jumping up assumptions, but before you do. Go look at the schedule. Then after that think about how a dynamic offense changes a game (think # of possessions for both teams). Titans offense changed drastically after the QB change. We went from a grind out the clock and win a close game to a quick strike offense.

Need more proof of this? Look at Buffalo. One of the top defenses in the league when their offense sucked. This year? Their defense was not great.

No one is saying the defense got worse BECAUSE Tannehill took over. You read things that aren’t even there. The defense got worse when Tannehill took over though. The reasons are pretty obvious when you step back and look at it.

I’m sure you’ll just keep jumping up assumptions, but before you do. Go look at the schedule. Then after that think about how a dynamic offense changes a game (think # of possessions for both teams). Titans offense changed drastically after the QB change. We went from a grind out the clock and win a close game to a quick strike offense.

Need more proof of this? Look at Buffalo. One of the top defenses in the league when their offense sucked. This year? Their defense was not great.
Got it. An arbitrary week to separate the entirety of the season to better suit your argument.

THill taking over or not had nothing to do with it based on this response. Week 7 the defense taking a step backwards is an arbitrary separation. I'm sure if we could select a 6 week period to remove from the 2020 season, you could drastically change the overall performance, either better or worse, than what the season as a whole provided.

The entirety of 2019 was better than the entirety of 2020 but wasn't great. My exact point.

Got it. An arbitrary week to separate the entirety of the season to better suit your argument.

THill taking over or not had nothing to do with it based on this response. Week 7 the defense taking a step backwards is an arbitrary separation. I'm sure if we could select a 6 week period to remove from the 2020 season, you could drastically change the overall performance, either better or worse, than what the season as a whole provided.

The entirety of 2019 was better than the entirety of 2020 but wasn't great. My exact point.

Its not arbitrary at all lol I literally told you why I picked that week and provided examples as to why it’s relevant. But you literally just like to argue so unless you actually want to rebuttal what I’ve posted... goodbye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back