Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely a man who said he would cut off his own weenie to win a super bowl would be willing to cut a weenie coach if he failed next season.

Surely a man who said he would cut off his own weenie to win a super bowl would be willing to cut a weenie coach if he failed next season.
Maybe he's avoiding a SB win so he wont be held to that statement...so he keeps Bowen around to save his own weenie..it all makes sense now lol

The O stays the same or improves with Downing, as it should.

If the D doesn't improve, Vrabel will be in the same situation as Mularkey, fire Bowen or youre done.

Like I've said Vrabel's ego will be the undoing of the D
Totally agree.
I also dont think we are that far off of having solid defensive starters. If we can hit on a pass rusher and another DL, as well as keep or replace Jayon... I think we can have at least an average defense to pair with our top tier offense.

It’s no coincidence.

I agree with your belief that Bowen will be officially named DC as I have come to believe this is as well.

Having said, I’m betting someone will be brought in to assist Bowen (Crennel comes to mind as his contract ends in Feb.) as an assistant head coach

lolololol that is wishful thinking. I'm not laughing at your comment. I'm laughing at the idea that Vrabel has enough self-awareness to bring in "help" on the D. I would take that bet. In his mind, he IS the help. Nothing/no one else needed. Bowen is just the DC to do HIS bidding.

If Vrabel could admit he needed help, he would of unretired Pees last year to be a consultant.

That said, in the off chance I'm wrong, it would be awesome to bring in someone like Wade Phililps to consult.

lolololol that is wishful thinking. I'm not laughing at your comment. I'm laughing at the idea that Vrabel has enough self-awareness to bring in "help" on the D. I would take that bet. In his mind, he IS the help. Nothing/no one else needed. Bowen is just the DC to do HIS bidding.

If Vrabel could admit he needed help, he would of unretired Pees last year to be a consultant.

That said, in the off chance I'm wrong, it would be awesome to bring in someone like Wade Phililps to consult.
I think you just roll with it. If Bowen is the guy, let him be the guy and succeed or fail on his own. If he needs training wheels, he shouldn’t have his job. Now, we may feel he shouldn’t have his job, but he does have it so sink or swim time. Let’s hope he swims like Flipper...

Titans made an offer to Dean Pees. So Vrabel did do exactly what you said his ego wouldn’t let him do lol

According to the rumors Pees wanted control of the defense and Vrabel wouldnt give it up.
Stuff like this is never substantiated. Buncha speculation. I have also read where he didn’t want to tread on Bowen. What has also been reported is that Vrabel’s offered a consulting role and Atlanta offered DC. One more version says that Pees had already committed to Atlanta and didn’t want to break his word. We will probably never really know, but the most negative rumors will spread the farthest.

How did we jump threads from the Bowen thread to this, the Downing thread?
Simple. We, as Titans fans, love to B***h. doesn't matter how good or bad a situation is, we will complain about something or even make up something to complain about. This thread had no real complaints, so the complaints were brought here.

I mean, to a certain extent, TJ could actually merge all 1000+ threads into 1 "titans fans b***hing thread".

Simple. We, as Titans fans, love to B***h. doesn't matter how good or bad a situation is, we will complain about something or even make up something to complain about. This thread had no real complaints, so the complaints were brought here.

I mean, to a certain extent, TJ could actually merge all 1000+ threads into 1 "titans fans b***hing thread".
"Henry's stiff arm looked lazy and sluggish on that 40 yard run, could have been 60 with a little more effort, I guess that's what we should expect since he just got paid, oh well, back to putting Vaseline on toast for Mother dear."

"Henry's stiff arm looked lazy and sluggish on that 40 yard run, could have been 60 with a little more effort, I guess that's what we should expect since he just got paid, oh well, back to putting Vaseline on toast for Mother dear."
Ya know, I actually remember posts similar to this when Marcus would throw a TD. “ He didn’t really hit him in stride” and things like that...ON A TOUCHDOWN. We is crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back