Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fire Keith Carter and promote his understudy as offensive line coach as bad as our line has been. Being a yes man is the #1 quality Vrabel looks for in an assistant. Won’t dare hire from outside.

Amazing we had a chance to hire a home run coordinator & offensive line coach and we just promote from within for more of the same. Our offensive line coach was the o-line coach at Colgate before last season. COLGATE

If the offensive struggles the same again this upcoming season, Vrabel has to be fired. Has all the potential in the World but like many, his ego will be his undoing

The impressive resume of our new offensive line coach…..who needs a Mike Munchak type when you can have this?

• Wagner (2006)
    (Running backs coach)
  • Wagner (2007–2009)
    (Offensive line coach)
  • Troy HS (2010)
    (Head coach)
  • Williams (2011)
    (Offensive coordinator)
  • Wagner (2012)
    (Offensive coordinator)
  • Cornell (2013)
    (Offensive coordinator)
  • Wagner (2014)
    (Offensive coordinator)
  • Wagner (2015–2019)
    (Head coach)
  • Colgate (2020)
    (Offensive line coach)
  • Tennessee Titans (2021–present)
    (Offensive line assistant)

While expected still a tough pill to swallow. Hopefully Kelly surprises us like art did but I expect a very similar offense to last year.

I wonder if Vrabel realizes his ass is on the line with this hire. Or if he thinks he's still immune to being fired if the season goes belly up again.

I wouldn't mind if vrabs was an offensive coach and called the freaking plays. But fuck, how do you justify a promotion not just any nfl but in any field of work for dreadful performance. Those interviews were clearly for the nfl tick of the boxes all because he'd rather promote his buddies rather than do his fucking job and find the best guys available.

The impressive resume of our new offensive line coach…..who needs a Mike Munchak type when you can have this?

• Wagner (2006)
    (Running backs coach)
  • Wagner (2007–2009)
    (Offensive line coach)
  • Troy HS (2010)
    (Head coach)
  • Williams (2011)
    (Offensive coordinator)
  • Wagner (2012)
    (Offensive coordinator)
  • Cornell (2013)
    (Offensive coordinator)
  • Wagner (2014)
    (Offensive coordinator)
  • Wagner (2015–2019)
    (Head coach)
  • Colgate (2020)
    (Offensive line coach)
  • Tennessee Titans (2021–present)
    (Offensive line assistant)
While I'm very annoyed at the Kelly promotion, the OL coach promotion really pisses me off. So the assistant OL coach for the worst blocking OL in the league is the answer??

This is a very depressing start to the off season.

also didnt O'Brian call the plays in houston?
He did off and on, but Kelly was retained by David Culley for the 2021 season. Kelly was the OC and play caller that year.

I still don't understand for the life of me why Downing wasn't fired at the bye week last year and Kelly promoted then. Or at least let him be the play caller during the season if he didn't want to fire his buddy.

From what I've been able to read from reports, Kelly was barely even involved on the offense last year. While his title may have been passing game coordinator, he was apparently just a glorified TE coach. Who decided that was a good idea? If it was all on Downing, why didn't Vrabel step in and make some changes? The offense was completely inept, and if he thought so highly of Kelly, why not give him more say?

Or if he was involved, then he's somewhat to blame for that pathetic offense last year and has absolutely no right to be promoted to OC.

No matter how you slice it, Vrabel has absolutely mismanaged this offensive coaching staff for multiple years now and his bs is really starting to wear thin.

Many fans predicted this outcome and it's a shame.

The only question I have is did others turn Vrabel down before Vrabel decided to hire Kelly

Trash.

Do the Titans just enjoy languishing in mediocrity? Looking more and more like another snooze fest on offense in 2023 with mediocre Tanne throwing for 3000-500 yards and maybe 15-20 TDs. Awesome.

Vrabel will never hire someone who he can't control or could replace him, plain and simple...his ego won't allow it.

This team will be mediocre because the staff is mediocre. Jags are improving, Colts and Texans are getting young QBs to build around and the Texans hired DeMeco Ryan's, we'll see what he can do...we get Tim Fkng Kelly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back