Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if Vrabel realizes his ass is on the line with this hire. Or if he thinks he's still immune to being fired if the season goes belly up again.

Hopefully Ran doesn't allow this team to languish in mediocrity and makes the necessary moves if they need to happen. His job will be every bit on the line too 3 years from now if Vrabel is still the coach and we are just squeaking by going 9-8 or 10-7 and getting tossed in 1st round of the playoffs.

I have never felt so let down by an organization. It goes to show that Vrable is an idiot. Once he's fired after next season, no more head coaches who have absolute say on the coaching staff. Everything needs to go through review with upper management asking very direct questions like "why him?".

Last edited by a moderator:
So let me get this straight... Charles London was a RB at Duke, he coached RBs for 3 years in college, he coached RBs for 7 years in the NFL, he got 1K seasons out of Jordan Howard, Tarik Cohen, and David Montgomery twice, the Titans happen to move their RB coach (another seemingly stupid move), so then the Titans naturally hire London as the... PASSING GAME Coordinator? What?!

Why? Because he coached Mariota and Desmond Ridder in 2 seasons. Did they light up the NFL and I missed it?

Why did it take so long, this could have been done in 5 minutes. And the o-line coach is the one that just awful. All these moves could have been made in season.

This is being bullheaded. It is what it is and there is no way to sugar coat it. More of the same and sink with the ship I guess.

From what I've been able to read from reports, Kelly was barely even involved on the offense last year. While his title may have been passing game coordinator, he was apparently just a glorified TE coach. Who decided that was a good idea?

This franchise will never take the next step if they keep promoting TE coaches to OC/HC.

Also, note all the new positions Vrabel created so he didn’t have to fire anyone. The coaching staff will soon outnumber the roster

I wouldn’t be surprised if Vrabel waited so long to announce just to get the fans’ hopes up so he could disappoint them. He’s such an a-hole. No one could honestly think Tim Kelly is better than any OC option the Titans had unless you are just looking for a yes man.

What would you move the RB coach, Tony Dews to TE’s coach and then move the TE coach to “run game analyst” whatever the hell that is.

Tony Dews moved to TE coach because that is often the next in line to OC. TE coaches work the run and pass game equally and are a huge part of the offense. Dews is a veteran who actually played TE and has been a TE, RB and WR coach in his career. Great move for him, he should thrive.

Steckle is a Princeton guy and Ohara is one smart cookie too. My thought is perhaps these two new “analyst” positions are the beginning of our analytics department. Guys that will provide research and numbers to help the coordinators.

That's why I didn't participate in any of the New OC talk, as I knew this was bound to happen. I somewhat and somewhat believed Vrabel would do what's best for this team to rejuvenate it, and this is what this buffoon does?

Unfuckingbelievable and what a major letdown after the so called OC search.

While I'm very annoyed at the Kelly promotion, the OL coach promotion really pisses me off. So the assistant OL coach for the worst blocking OL in the league is the answer??

This is a very depressing start to the off season.
Yeah and the passing game coordinator for the worst passing offense in the NFL is our new OC

Tony Dews moved to TE coach because that is often the next in line to OC. TE coaches work the run and pass game equally and are a huge part of the offense. Dews is a veteran who actually played TE and has been a TE, RB and WR coach in his career. Great move for him, he should thrive.
Great. So when Kelly fails, we can promote from within again.

Yeah and the passing game coordinator for the worst passing offense in the NFL is our new OC
When he was the play caller in Houston, Kelly’s offense was 3rd in the league in passing on early downs. Basically the opposite of run, run, pass. I’ll take that. Play-calling matters.

You can go on Twitter, other forums and you will find maybe 3 fans that like this hire.

Vrabel has officially put himself on the hot seat.

I just don't understand why Vrabel is doing this to himself. To keep Downing as long as he did, to retaining Bowen and now pulling this BS hire. I just don't understand.

Maybe the plan is to get such a great QB that the offensive coaches don't matter....

Ok, yeah, I'll show myself out....

:hang:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back