Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Confident new concepts will be added"

Yeah, probably so.... this time it'll be Run Left, Run Left, Pass, Punt.

Passing Game Coordinator ----- and yet our Passing Game was booty cheeks....

I so, so hope you're right...i'll be very cautiously optimistic until proven otherwise...
really the only option

then exhibition season will come and Titan will only play the insurance salesmen... then for like the 4th year in a row O will look inept for a month to start the season ect...

really the only option

then exhibition season will come and Titan will only play the insurance salesmen... then for like the 4th year in a row O will look inept for a month to start the season ect...
Or like this past year, the whole season lol

I’m obviously mad about this but I just cannot understand Vrabel’s reasoning whatsoever on the o-line coach. You fire Keith Carter, have many candidates who are proven great o-line coaches and hire a guy that was Carter’s understudy, and biggest job in history was at Colgate. Why fire someone and hire the guy that was beneath them? Have a feeling Vrabel wouldn’t have fired any of the staff unless it came from above him.

Must misunderstand when that’s a good thing and when that’s a bad thing.
i hate when they hide behind "well they're familiar with us so it'll be easier"

says the guy that just had a practice squad QB play better with 1 week's notice than a guy that's been with the team for 6+ months

i fucking hate that excuse

I'm really over Vrabel, the fact that he doubled down on not playing starters for the 2nd preseason in a row after witnessing what happened the year before just shows me how full of himself he is and he won't change

i don't see us turning any corner next season, dump vrabel and all his lackies

"Confident new concepts will be added"

Yeah, probably so.... this time it'll be Run Left, Run Left, Pass, Punt.

Passing Game Coordinator ----- and yet our Passing Game was booty cheeks....
What exactly does a "passing game coordinator" do though? Can he really be blamed for the lack of a passing game based on his title?

The problem with the passing game was the OL is terrible and WR was iffy at best. Plus the starting QB being injured/missing games didn't help.

i hate when they hide behind "well they're familiar with us so it'll be easier"

says the guy that just had a practice squad QB play better with 1 week's notice than a guy that's been with the team for 6+ months

i ****ing hate that excuse

I'm really over Vrabel, the fact that he doubled down on not playing starters for the 2nd preseason in a row after witnessing what happened the year before just shows me how full of himself he is and he won't change

i don't see us turning any corner next season, dump vrabel and all his lackies
Familiarity is great when you’re successful, but our offense has been anything but great under Vrabel. I would be finding someone very unfamiliar. But, when you’re a narcissist like Vrabel, it’s impossible to admit other teams are doing something better than you.

What exactly does a "passing game coordinator" do though? Can he really be blamed for the lack of a passing game based on his title?

The problem with the passing game was the OL is terrible and WR was iffy at best. Plus the starting QB being injured/missing games didn't help.

I mean it was at least 1/4 his fault... -- unless the term PGC means passing the salt and pepper shakers during meal times.......

O is gonna be the same next year, all depends on the new players we bring in. I cant see any FA WRs wanting to come play in our offense so the draft becomes even more important now. If we hired someone from outside with a proven track record as an OC maybe some FAs would be more inclined. I dont know why we thought things would be different this year, this hiring is such a typical move by us

I mean it was at least 1/4 his fault... -- unless the term PGC means passing the salt and pepper shakers during meal times.......
I'd really like to know what the actual job is of a passing game coordinator.

I read somewhere in a comment section (probably not true), that Kelly was responsible for scripting the first 15 plays or what ever it is teams run.

It's wait and see for me. Just because he was in the building last year doesn't mean he has the same philosophy as Downing.

I'm sure he didn't go in the interview and say "Yeah,I'm going to do the same exact **** as what got Downing fired".

Now load up on OL and maybe a WR or 2 and we'll see what happens.
I agree. We raided other teams practice squads for OL- seriously scraped the bottom of the barrel. Ben Jones and Petit-Frere were average and they were our best. JRob flat out destroyed the OL blowing the Conklin situation and the bust Wilson pick.

Get average or better talent in OL and then I’m willing to judge these moves.

I read somewhere in a comment section (probably not true), that Kelly was responsible for scripting the first 15 plays or what ever it is teams run.
My understanding is that typically a pass game coordinator helps develop and teach pass plays and concepts to the players during the week, but has little to do with playcalling on Gameday.
I’m sure Kelly was part of the planning of the opening 15 plays and then observed how opposing defenses played against the pass plays and made recommendations to Downing during the game, but it was all Downing doing the playcalling.

If that's the case, that was our only good part of the offense. The script.

What is it about the Titans that every coach they've ever hired is loyal to their staff to a fault? I mean this dates back to Fish and Munchak. Is this how every NFL head coach is and I'm just more aware of it happening with the Titans?

Sheesh, think outside the box for once. We all know what the definition of insanity is.

Who remembers the first half against the Raiders where our offense actually looked competent and flawless? I remember we all thought Tim Kelly was calling the plays in the first half. No evidence that he was, but if he did that would make this hire just a tad bit easier to deal with.

But I'm 99.9% he didn't call any of the plays and I still hate this damn hire. Texans fans pretty laughing at this hire, the same way that the Raiders fans laughed at the Downing hire.

What is it about the Titans that every coach they've ever hired is loyal to their staff to a fault? I mean this dates back to Fish and Munchak. Is this how every NFL head coach is and I'm just more aware of it happening with the Titans?

Sheesh, think outside the box for once. We all know what the definition of insanity is.
The other organizations have executives that don't let their HC's walk all over them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back