Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible decision in my opinion. He’s a lot better than Jackson. Secondary went from trash to worst in the league

I am a little shocked by the move, but that’s over the top. You do realize Jackson was injured last season? They aren’t playing games right now #1 and you don’t know what moves are yet to be made with a ton of FA CBs about to hit the market. But the truth is our secondary wasn’t the problem, it was lack of pass rush.

Let’s see what they do. Looks like this team, especially on Defense is about to get a lot younger.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. My guess is they asked him to restructure. He refused, so they released him. I hope they gave him a "come back home" offer to consider.

Wow just wow. Cutting Jackson would have saved the same amount of cap space. Just shocked that a restructure with Butler could not have been done.

Didnt tag CD or jonnu. Traded our first round pick for nothing except less cap space. Released our best defensive player from last season. *gulp*

Didnt tag CD or jonnu. Traded our first round pick for nothing except less cap space. Released our best defensive player from last season. *gulp*

Guys. He is 31 years old. Chill. He is on the wrong side of 30. Cost too much money, You don’t cut 25 year old starting cornerbacks. You cut 31 year old starting CBs.

You want pass rush? Something has to go.

If this isn't a move to free up cap to get an upgrade then I have no idea what they are doing. Unless I missed something and Adoree and Fulton are suddenly shutdown corners...

Guys. He is 31 years old. Chill. He is on the wrong side of 30. Cost too much money, You don’t cut 25 year old starting cornerbacks. You cut 31 year old starting CBs.

You want pass rush? Something has to go.
Oh now the wrong side of 30 matters, but when watt was maybe coming here it was no big deal lol ok.

It's not like he was showing signs of decline yet, corners can normally play pretty well into their 30's.

If this isn't a move to free up cap to get an upgrade then I have no idea what they are doing. Unless I missed something and Adoree and Fulton are suddenly shutdown corners...

How many actual true shutdown corners in the NFL are there? 2? We need pass rush. We will sign more secondary help. We needed to get younger and cheaper. I don’t know why all the hate for Adoree. He is a very good CB. Fulton will be good. Injuries happen. We will sign more guys. Butler was not the future. getting a top FA edge rusher is more important than paying an aging CB $15 million.

CBs start falling off in their 30s. Most players do. Unless you think Butler is one of the greatest ever. So Butler is a generational talent? He would be the oldest highest paid CB in the NFL is we kept him. He wasn’t worth the money, He won’t get anywhere close to $15 million next season.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back