Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clay Matthews not being on a roster is nuts. Yeah, he’s old. He’s not what he used to be. He gets injured sometimes.

He’s not dead though.

I thought he turned down multiple offers. I know he turned down Denver when Miller got hurt.

He had 2.5 more sacks with the Titans last season than Beasley did so far this season. He played in 9 games. He was also a rotational player instead of a starter.

He's not a POS.

He'd be an upgrade, which is sad.

Beasley wasn’t a starter either.

I'd be fine with bringing both in! These are rotational positions. We don't have a rotation.

Do it, JRob.
I suspect our wasted Beasley money with erode any chance to add additional players. It’s up to the practice squad guys to give us improvement.

I suspect our wasted Beasley money with erode any chance to add additional players. It’s up to the practice squad guys to give us improvement.
We have 6.7m left after our recent moves. If we wanted to bring in one of these free agents being discussed, they should be well under half that number.

Yes my bad, in the off season, but just saw his 2021 salary is 17.5 though
Although... and hear me out... I think watt gets cut this offseason.
The texans are currently $7.5m over the projected cap for 2021 based on their existing contracts. Watt can be cut with zero dead cap and a 17.5m savings. He will be 32 and in the final year of his contract next year.
It's by far the fastest and most logical way to save them from cap hell.

The texans are currently $7.5m over the projected cap for 2021 based on their existing contracts. Watt can be cut with zero dead cap and a 17.5m savings. He will be 32 and in the final year of his contract next year.
I can see that for sure, but would he sign with us? I don't see him signing with a division rival, he seems to have been pretty loyal to Texans and the city

We can't afford him either. We won't have a ton of cap space next year, and we still need to resign Jonnu and Jayon, and will have to make decisions about King, Clowney, and Corey Davis.

Our current projected cap space is only around $13M. So even if we don't resign all those guys, we won't have much money to go out and sign someone to fill the hole they're leaving.

He was decent last year with us. He is also familiar with our schemes and play calls, so it would be easier to get him into the lineup right away. Of course, this is assuming he is even in playing shape. But beggars can't be choosers.

The one thing you can't accuse Wake of being is out of shape. Guy is stacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back