Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
you 100% know that is exactly the plan
No doubt lol, like fuck it he's had half a season off he can tote the rock 30 times a game.

Hopefully our offense gets reinvented because of this. Way too often do we just pound henry into stacked boxes.

Henry is obviously a beast, but don't discount the Titans scheme as a significant part to his success. The remnants of the Titans exotic smash mouth is still here with all of our tight ends.

I certainly don't think you can replace Henry, but we won't fall off a cliff either.

Just as long as he's more productive than Shonn Greene's time here.

Honestly I think this is a decent signing. Is he going to get us that 75 yard TD run? Hell no. But I think he'll be good enough to keep the defense honest and will get those tough 3 or 4 yards to extend drives.

If Henry can be back in time for the playoffs, I believe we can limp in. Won't take much to win the division and a much easier second half of the schedule.

This was as good as we could probably do without giving up significant draft capital. And even if we did give up draft capital, not sure the difference between AP and whoever is available via trade would have been worth it.

It seems like a huge hole right now, but if it really is just 6-10 weeks, I don't think you give up draft picks for such a short time period. So let's not get too short sighted here. The news probably blindsided us, and the tendency is to want to go make a splash to continue our winning streak. But, we are in a good place in the division. If we go 4-5 over the last 9 games, the Colts would have to go 8-1 to win the division. We also have 2 games against the Texans and one against the Dolphins, which should be 3 easy wins.

Also, don't overreact if we get beat Sunday night. That could have still happened even with Henry playing healthy.

Averaged 3.9 ypc with the lowly Lions last year. I think some of you are under estimating his potential value. He isn't gonna be Henry. But he should be pretty solid.

AP had 604 yards on 156 carries with 7 TDS last year. That’s almost 4 yards a carry.

We also have a very running back friendly system here so AP could be pretty solid as a fill in as long as we split his carries and don’t try to pound him into stacked boxes 30 carries a game.

We really need to get Julio rolling now. Defenses sell out to stop Henry but we could and should have an explosive passing attack if we make it a point to open it up. If defenses start fearing our passing game, that would open our running game. We would just need to be solid enough on the ground to keep balance and keep defenses honest.

We got to sign Gore now so we can claim the oldest backfield ever. Not to mention we shouldn’t give either more than 15 totes a week, all that work will mess their social security checks up!

The good thing about AP is you know the guy hasn't been sitting around on the couch. One of the best conditioned people in the league, so I would expect that if he's been waiting for this call, he's in great shape and ready to roll.

That said, I'm hoping we don't try to force him into the Henry role. Would like to see us open the offense a bit more, and use McNichols more in the passing game and out of the gun.

How is Mike Davis a better option than Adrian Peterson? Lol Davis has been horrible this year. Peterson is old and may not have much left but won’t cost us a draft pick

The good thing about AP is you know the guy hasn't been sitting around on the couch. One of the best conditioned people in the league, so I would expect that if he's been waiting for this call, he's in great shape and ready to roll.

That said, I'm hoping we don't try to force him into the Henry role. Would like to see us open the offense a bit more, and use McNichols more in the passing game and out of the gun.

Very true. Fun fact when I lived in Houston I was a member at the same gym as AP. I think he might be part owner or something. But he’s a freak of nature for sure. Guy is in incredible shape.

How is Mike Davis a better option than Adrian Peterson? Lol Davis has been horrible this year. Peterson is old and may not have much left but won’t cost us a draft pick

Agreed with everything you said here.

AP isn't replacing Henry, but the hope is that the combination of AP, McNichols, etc. will be able to keep opposing defenses honest enough so they do not tee off on Tannehill. Tannehill has to step up in a big way and do more than he has ever been asked to do here.

I worry about the affect this will have on A.J. Brown, especially if Jones stays out. I expect more coverage to shift to Brown and more double teams on him. A lot of players have to up their games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back