Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m cautiously optimistic. Hope he still has something left but the age is concerning for sure. It won’t take very long to find out. If he has a good game against the Rams defense, he should do just fine for us the rest of the way.

Agreed with everything you said here.

AP isn't replacing Henry, but the hope is that the combination of AP, McNichols, etc. will be able to keep opposing defenses honest enough so they do not tee off on Tannehill. Tannehill has to step up in a big way and do more than he has ever been asked to do here.

I worry about the affect this will have on A.J. Brown, especially if Jones stays out. I expect more coverage to shift to Brown and more double teams on him. A lot of players have to up their games.

Well AP I think is as close in play style to Henry as you were going to find available. If our OL can open some running lanes I’m confident he can run through them. He’s doesn’t have to be DH. Just needs to pick up yards and keep defenses somewhat honest. He may not see as many stacked boxes due to AJB and Julio when he’s back. Could actually open up the run game a bit.

Tannehill has always spread the ball around. He’s never just locked onto one guy and force fed him. I’m not too worried about that. Colts tried to do that yesterday to brown and RT hit the TE’s underneath until it opened up.

Didn't AP beat the chit out of his kid or something?
Discipline needed in life… my principal beat me far more than my parents did… just saying. But yeah, switching a youngin till blood pretty real bad. I grew up in a different time than most of the bleeding vaginas of today, many of whom could use a good whooping or two. That’s just me though!

Discipline needed in life… my principal beat me far more than my parents did… just saying. But yeah, switching a youngin till blood pretty real bad. I grew up in a different time than most of the bleeding vaginas of today, many of whom could use a good whooping or two. That’s just me though!
I mean my dad took a belt to me and my bros. I think I turned out alright.

Main thing we need, and AP might be able to bring it, is a guy who can get a few tough yards when needed (or just the threat). We will obviously move more to quick short passes to augment a rushing decline.

But D'Andre Swift was averaging 4.6 on the same offense.

Swift was also the change of pace/3rd & long back last year.

Look, I'm not saying I expect AP to come in and run wild. I simply expect him to be effective. 3.9 ypc isn't terrible, especially given how bad the Lions were. And I'd absolutely take around 3.9 ypc from AP if he can do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back