Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
problem with mcnichols is he needs to put on 20 pounds of muscle and grow a couple of inches in height

you love little quick dudes, I would much rather have a RB that can drop a shoulder into a LB and make them regret attempting the tackle

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean.. 1,500 in 3 out of his 4 years. 1,300 in the 4th. 64 TDs. ProBowl each so far. You can argue overrated/underrated but he's effective and productive.

My point is, just because a RB doesn't "fit" the mold of their predecessor, doesn't mean they're not a good fit.
It’s probably more of his versatility ppl seem to obsess over.

problem with mcnichols is he needs to put on 20 pounds of muscle and grow a couple of inches in height

you love little quick dudes, I would much rather have a RB that can drop a shoulder into a LB and make them regret attempting the tackle
I like good running backs that aren't one-dimensional. Don't care about size. I'd give you the list of HOF/ All Pro/ Pro Bowl RBs that are 5'10 210 pounds but I'm sure you can acknowledge it's a long list.

I would hate to see us thud Peterson and Foreman into stacked boxes for 2 and 3 yards a pop. Give them their carries, for sure, but don't pigeonhole McNichols into a box without giving him the chance to prove his wroth. I think he offers the most potential and the safest bet in pass-pro. Don't think he can't run over people either. The dude is kinda jacked.

Again, I don't understand why people are hating on him, yet love Sargent.

A. I'm giving you an example of someone else on this board... Don't get defensive.
B. Exactly! The guys who's been actively a part of the offense would be the one that requires the least changes and he also happens to be our go to pass protector.

P.S. The comment is meant for the board in general. My original post was... "I don't get the Sargent love and McNichols disdain". You responded to that. I gave you an example of someone having disdain for McNichols and I'm again pointing out how if the argument is "fit", Sargent is a worse example.
You quoted me, assumed it was to me.

I get mcnichols knows the system more, but can he run and be effective running the same plays Henry did. That’s where I think he does not fill the void well but AP and Foreman might. Which is easier? Tailoring the offense to a guy with a different running style or tailoring a RB to the offensive style? I think looking at the body of work from AP, there isnt much tailoring, he’s already the same type of back.

The reason I see a full spread out of touches, is AP hasn’t played in awhile, not just the Titans, foreman same and doesn’t really have a proven track record outside his brief time with the titans, mcnichols is a different type of back but should know the offense best.

40% AP
30% Mcnichols
30% other, including designed THill runs.

I like good running backs that aren't one-dimensional. Don't care about size. I'd give you the list of HOF/ All Pro/ Pro Bowl RBs that are 5'10 210 pounds but I'm sure you can acknowledge it's a long list.

I would hate to see us thud Peterson and Foreman into stacked boxes for 2 and 3 yards a pop. Give them their carries, for sure, but don't pigeonhole McNichols into a box without giving him the chance to prove his wroth. I think he offers the most potential and the safest bet in pass-pro. Don't think he can't run over people either. The dude is kinda jacked.

Again, I don't understand why people are hating on him, yet love Sargent.
dont hate on him just dont want the running game rolling thru him

You quoted me, assumed it was to me.

I get mcnichols knows the system more, but can he run and be effective running the same plays Henry did. That’s where I think he does not fill the void well but AP and Foreman might. Which is easier? Tailoring the offense to a guy with a different running style or tailoring a RB to the offensive style? I think looking at the body of work from AP, there isnt much tailoring, he’s already the same type of back.

The reason I see a full spread out of touches, is AP hasn’t played in awhile, not just the Titans, foreman same and doesn’t really have a proven track record outside his brief time with the titans, mcnichols is a different type of back but should know the offense best.

40% AP
30% Mcnichols
30% other, including designed THill runs.
lol no I didn't dude. I knew who I was quoting. That's why I prefaced it with: this is disdain. Nice confidence though.

47 carries, which I know isn't not a lot, says McNichols can play in this offense without changing anything. I don't understand this concept that the offense has to be tailored because you have a different "type" of back. You run the same plays, you have the same holes, now you just have a smaller person running through them. Maybe run a few more screens and swing passes. I'm not saying he's the next LT or Austin Ekeler, but automatically writing him off is silly. Would you be saying the same thing if Darrynton Evans was healthy?

I saw a good bit of Peterson last year because I had Swift in fantasy. It was brutal to watch. Night and day difference in output when Swift was in. We know what we are likely getting there and it ain't much to get excited about. At least with McNichols, there is a variable of the unknown. I think he offers the most upside. We'll see.

lol no I didn't dude. I knew who I was quoting. That's why I prefaced it with: this is disdain. Nice confidence though.

47 carries, which I know isn't not a lot, says McNichols can play in this offense without changing anything. I don't understand this concept that the offense has to be tailored because you have a different "type" of back. You run the same plays, you have the same holes, now you just have a smaller person running through them. Maybe run a few more screens and swing passes. I'm not saying he's the next LT or Austin Ekeler, but automatically writing him off is silly. Would you be saying the same thing if Darrynton Evans was healthy?

I saw a good bit of Peterson last year because I had Swift in fantasy. It was brutal to watch. Night and day difference in output when Swift was in. We know what we are likely getting there and it ain't much to get excited about. At least with McNichols, there is a variable of the unknown. I think he offers the most upside. We'll see.
Does anyone recall if Henry was hit in the backfield or ever got any Yards after contact?
I’m sure Mcnichols will be just fine doing all the same things.

And no, if Evans was healthy, I would be betting on how many carries he gets until hurt again.

I posted my guess at touches, I think mcnichols gets a good share, just not the bulk of the carries.

Bro... yes. I know. And below you is me quoting GoT. Why do you think I was accusing you? I said... "I don't know why the board has disdain for McNichols". You responded, "I don't think its disdain". Then I gave you an example of another board member showing disdain. I, at no point, was accusing you of anything. Just giving you one, out of a few, examples. Don't be defensive. This is pointless.

Bro... yes. I know. And below you is me quoting GoT. Why do you think I was accusing you? I said... "I don't know why the board has disdain for McNichols". You responded, "I don't think its disdain". Then I gave you an example of another board member showing disdain. I, at no point, was accusing you of anything. Just giving you one, out of a few, examples. Don't be defensive. This is pointless.
someone has a man crush on mcnichols - LOL

Does anyone recall if Henry was hit in the backfield or ever got any Yards after contact?
I’m sure Mcnichols will be just fine doing all the same things.

And no, if Evans was healthy, I would be betting on how many carries he gets until hurt again.

I posted my guess at touches, I think mcnichols gets a good share, just not the bulk of the carries.
uh huh...

Pederson:
View attachment 18877

McNichols:
View attachment 18879

Wow bro, I even posted the picture.
You quoted me with the statement “this is disdain”, then quoted GoT. I absolutely did NOT guess that wasn’t a response to me.

Wow bro, I even posted the picture.
You quoted me with the statement “this is disdain”, then quoted GoT. I absolutely did NOT guess that wasn’t a response to me.
You agree this is childish now right? Yes, I saw the picture and I thought I quoted it again in my response. Again, I quoted you disagreeing with me, then I quoted someone else with evidence to my point. Maybe I should of added the three dots: "This is disdain..." then quoted someone else.

I never said or thought that you said it. I knew you had not said that, which is why I still don't understand why you need to defend it. I get it. You don't think there is disdain for McNichols.

Are you really trying to argue that you knew what I was thinking when I wrote a post? Come on. Let's move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back