Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a good bit of Peterson last year because I had Swift in fantasy. It was brutal to watch. Night and day difference in output when Swift was in. We know what we are likely getting there and it ain't much to get excited about. At least with McNichols, there is a variable of the unknown. I think he offers the most upside. We'll see.

Bro, how many teams were in your fantasy league?

lol no I didn't dude. I knew who I was quoting. That's why I prefaced it with: this is disdain. Nice confidence though.

47 carries, which I know isn't not a lot, says McNichols can play in this offense without changing anything. I don't understand this concept that the offense has to be tailored because you have a different "type" of back. You run the same plays, you have the same holes, now you just have a smaller person running through them. .

Obviously you don't understand and completely missed the fact that JRob brought in AP and Foreman, temporarily releasing Sargant for a reason. McNichols is a decent RB but he has success when the defense is not as stacked or expecting it. Plus durability is a concern and giving McNichols many carries is a good way to get his head bashed in. Bottom line is that McNichols is very good in his role as the change of pace pass circumstance guy. He is not suited to carrying the bulk of the carries especially short yardage and goaline where we have literally no evidence of him being used successfully.

Now any expectations we are going to get many 40+ yard runs without Henry is wishful fantasy. Not that it won't happen but the focus now is to have a decent enough running threat on first and 2nd down to get us into real manageable 3rd down situations and have enough success to use early down play action. So it isn't about just having a 4.0 yard average per carry but a consistency to grind for positive yards and that might be what Foreman or AP can give us.

Anyone else think McNichols is going to be the workhorse and AP/Foreman will just spell him and get some short yardage work?
I’m thinking 70% workload for JMC

Henry- 219 carries McNugget 7 carries

I had to look it up to see if he's even carried the ball this year and you think they're suddenly going to give him the ball a ton?

McNichols is screen game 3rd down guy... There's probably a reason they run Henry 30 times a game and he's averaging 1 run a game. If they had confidence in his running ability he'd get more touches, even with Henry healthy.

Adrian Peterson will be the workhorse and I'm pretty certain he's still better at 36 than McNugget.

Henry- 219 carries McNugget 7 carries

I had to look it up to see if he's even carried the ball this year and you think they're suddenly going to give him the ball a ton?

McNichols is screen game 3rd down guy... There's probably a reason they run Henry 30 times a game and he's averaging 1 run a game. If they had confidence in his running ability he'd get more touches, even with Henry healthy.

Adrian Peterson will be the workhorse and I'm pretty certain he's still better at 36 than McNugget.
I would like to make a bet with you that McNichols gets more targets + carries than Peterson Sunday night.

Smash and Dash 2.0. Won't replace Henry. But AP and McNichols will be enough to get us to the playoffs if Tannehill doesn't suck.

I would like to make a bet with you that McNichols gets more targets + carries than Peterson Sunday night.
I took it as you thought McNuggets was taking over for the rest of the season with the "workhorse" label. But I'd still be kind of surprised to see McNugget run the ball more than Peterson Sunday. I would think a 14 year vet RB could come in a catch on pretty quickly. I could be wrong.

Obviously you don't understand and completely missed the fact that JRob brought in AP and Foreman, temporarily releasing Sargant for a reason. McNichols is a decent RB but he has success when the defense is not as stacked or expecting it. Plus durability is a concern and giving McNichols many carries is a good way to get his head bashed in. Bottom line is that McNichols is very good in his role as the change of pace pass circumstance guy. He is not suited to carrying the bulk of the carries especially short yardage and goaline where we have literally no evidence of him being used successfully.

Now any expectations we are going to get many 40+ yard runs without Henry is wishful fantasy. Not that it won't happen but the focus now is to have a decent enough running threat on first and 2nd down to get us into real manageable 3rd down situations and have enough success to use early down play action. So it isn't about just having a 4.0 yard average per carry but a consistency to grind for positive yards and that might be what Foreman or AP can give us.
lol at "obviously". Obviously you don't follow dialog well. I'm happy with the signings. Obviously you don't' understand you can sign players and not force them into action. How many snaps did Avery Williamson play?

Durability concern? Oh geez. Ok.

Smash and Dash 2.0. Won't replace Henry. But AP and McNichols will be enough to get us to the playoffs if Tannehill doesn't suck.
Tannehill will be the key... hopefully Julio's vagina is feeling better and he steps up too..but AJ may be out? Will we see the two of them healthy at the same time?

Tannehill will be the key... hopefully Julio's vagina is feeling better and he steps up too..but AJ may be out? Will we see the two of them healthy at the same time?
AJ is good to go Sunday.

I’m just wondering the status of Fulton, it’s been 3 weeks now. Guess he hasn’t been cleared to play yet damnit.

Can't even get mad at Julio, hamstring injuries are one of those things that never really go away during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back