Guest viewing is limited

Titans Talk - Home for all things Tennessee Titans

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone else think McNichols is going to be the workhorse and AP/Foreman will just spell him and get some short yardage work?
I’m thinking 70% workload for JMC

Once Peterson gets familiar he will be the early down, goal line back, Nicholls will be the 3rd down, change of pace back, Foreman will be sprinkled in.

Next year...Evans is gone, some interesting FA RB are available...Melvin Gordon, Marlon Mack...I could see us signing Mack in light of the Henry injury this year.

Don't see drafting a RB at least not early.

Peterson or Foreman will be the early down short yardage guy (McNichols might still get as many or more touches). Not sure both will be active. Comes down to which one is most ready. Main issue is to be effective enough the defense has to play the run. They won't stack the box like they did with Henry but that also means we can still run the ball.

As for drafting a RB it comes down to opportunity. You wouldn't normally use a 2nd day pick on one with Henry and also with McNichols essentially taking the roll that was meant for Evans you still might grab a guy late 2nd who is too good to pass up. We don't need Henry's replacement right away but drafting a guy who might be taking that roll in 3-4 years as well as provide quality depth makes sense. Again, it isn't about just getting a body but if the right guy falls...

Keep in mind, Evans as a talent could have been a real nice pick. Always hard to predict injuries. I'd definitely consider a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round in the next draft if the value is there.

Anyone else think McNichols is going to be the workhorse and AP/Foreman will just spell him and get some short yardage work?
I’m thinking 70% workload for JMC
That's what I'm hoping for. At least give him the chance until he shows incapable of performing.

I don't understand the Sargent love and McNichols disdain.

Peterson or Foreman will be the early down short yardage guy (McNichols might still get as many or more touches). Not sure both will be active. Comes down to which one is most ready. Main issue is to be effective enough the defense has to play the run. They won't stack the box like they did with Henry but that also means we can still run the ball.

As for drafting a RB it comes down to opportunity. You wouldn't normally use a 2nd day pick on one with Henry and also with McNichols essentially taking the roll that was meant for Evans you still might grab a guy late 2nd who is too good to pass up. We don't need Henry's replacement right away but drafting a guy who might be taking that roll in 3-4 years as well as provide quality depth makes sense. Again, it isn't about just getting a body but if the right guy falls...

Keep in mind, Evans as a talent could have been a real nice pick. Always hard to predict injuries. I'd definitely consider a RB in the 2nd or 3rd round in the next draft if the value is there.
Agree about AP and Foreman, comes down their conditioning rn..but next year I'd also look at a guy like Mack, still young enough to contribute and has had success at the NFL.

That's what I'm hoping for. At least give him the chance until he shows incapable of performing.

I don't understand the Sargent love and McNichols disdain.
I don’t think it’s disdain, I think it’s fit.
AP and foreman are similar to Henry, mcnichols just isn’t.

I think mcnichols does get an overall increase in workload, just not the bulk of the carries.

Agree about AP and Foreman, comes down their conditioning rn..but next year I'd also look at a guy like Mack, still young enough to contribute and has had success at the NFL.

You can bet JRob will be looking for a vet to bring in like he did with Hill. This time he might look for more of a power back in the draft. Doubt he will spend much on any vet he brings in at this point.

I don’t think it’s disdain, I think it’s fit.
AP and foreman are similar to Henry, mcnichols just isn’t.

I think mcnichols does get an overall increase in workload, just not the bulk of the carries.

This is disdain... useless.

aint nobody wants to see that shyt show
What does fit have to do with it. How did Alvin Kamara and Austin Ekeler "fit" behind Mark Ingram and Melvin Gordon? It doesn't matter. Darrynton Evans was drafted for this, and if he was healthy, he'd be getting the bulk of the workload. Evans and McNichols are practically the same size and I would say McNichols is bulkier and has more power. At the bare minimum, he's available.

AP (not anymore) and Foreman don't have the breakaway speed to take one to the house. Do you really want the offense to rely on 2 and 3 yard gains with no upside? I watched AP last year, not good. Detroit was silly not to give Swift more carries. I'm all for brining them both in, but McNichols is the better of the 3 at this point and provides the most potential.

You can bet JRob will be looking for a vet to bring in like he did with Hill. This time he might look for more of a power back in the draft. Doubt he will spend much on any vet he brings in at this point.
I agree...I think we roll with the cheap vets we have now..a younger vet FA next year and Henry's eventual replacement in the draft

What does fit have to do with it. How did Alvin Kamara and Austin Ekeler "fit" behind Mark Ingram and Melvin Gordon? It doesn't matter. Darrynton Evans was drafted for this, and if he was healthy, he'd be getting the bulk of the workload. Evans and McNichols are practically the same size and I would say McNichols is bulkier and has more power. At the bare minimum, he's available.

AP (not anymore) and Foreman don't have the breakaway speed to take one to the house. Do you really want the offense to rely on 2 and 3 yard gains with no upside? I watched AP last year, not good. Detroit was silly not to give Swift more carries. I'm all for brining them both in, but McNichols is the better of the 3 at this point and provides the most potential.
Kamara is overrated IMO.

LOL

I want any RB to be at least 225ish ... 230 plus is better

dont like scatbacks

Kamara is overrated IMO.
I mean.. 1,500 in 3 out of his 4 years. 1,300 in the 4th. 64 TDs. ProBowl each so far. You can argue overrated/underrated but he's effective and productive.

My point is, just because a RB doesn't "fit" the mold of their predecessor, doesn't mean they're not a good fit.

LOL

I want any RB to be at least 225ish ... 230 plus is better

dont like scatbacks
That's fine as your preference but you're really drastically minimizing the field and will miss out. I'm glad we started CJ2K over Landale White. Call me crazy.

A, that’s not what I said about McNichols, so not disdain.
B. It’s about which guy allows for the least changes in offensive scheme, especially with only 1 week to prepare for a tough team in LAR who by the way, may have the leagues best pass rush now and Tennessee has been pretty poor at blocking much lesser pass rush.
Oh and Sargent is a fit? Come on.
And who is this comment meant for?

A, that’s not what I said about McNichols, so not disdain.
B. It’s about which guy allows for the least changes in offensive scheme, especially with only 1 week to prepare for a tough team in LAR who by the way, may have the leagues best pass rush now and Tennessee has been pretty poor at blocking much lesser pass rush.

And who is this comment meant for?
A. I'm giving you an example of someone else on this board... Don't get defensive.
B. Exactly! The guys who's been actively a part of the offense would be the one that requires the least changes and he also happens to be our go to pass protector.

P.S. The comment is meant for the board in general. My original post was... "I don't get the Sargent love and McNichols disdain". You responded to that. I gave you an example of someone having disdain for McNichols and I'm again pointing out how if the argument is "fit", Sargent is a worse example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back